Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NetSol: shorter on-hold period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have two domains (on NetSol) which were expired only 30 days ago. Today I found that both of them were available for registration.

I thought NetSol usually put an expired domain on-hold for at least 60 days before deletion.

Anyone notices this?

Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What names were they?

Netsol lets all the lousy names expire prompto like getting rid of a leper with sores.

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
These were the domains owned by my customers.
Yes, they were lousy names. :)

Do you mean NetSol selectively deletes the domain names by looking at their quality?

carlomrx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem, I was tracking a name registered with register.com. the thirty days was up yesterday so I called register.com to see if they could give me any indication as to when the name would be released. they told me it could be another 40-60 days, but the name was available last night.

I'm beginning to think there's no rhyme or reason to any of this (at least not with register.com)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by pixelman
Do you mean NetSol selectively deletes the domain names by looking at their quality?

I SUSPECT increasingly so as WLS approaches. I have personally observed evidence of too much registry/registrar unethical practices to believe otherwise.

B

beowulf

Yea it's kind of pissing me off as well. And when you contact register/verisign all you get is crap. However once when I contacted register they told me they would contact the registry and try to get them to release the domain - however nothing happened. Currently I'm monitoring a number of domains that expired on or before 29 september. Wonder if verisign/nsi check to see if there is a snapback on the domain, and if there is, they try to sell it off in private auctions lol... well the impression one gets is NOT positive anyway.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They do inspect the quality of the domains and let the bad ones
drop right away.

I've noticed that decent names with dashes and numbers
are almost always dropped long before the names that
expired on the same day which do not have dashes or
numbers. Also, international domains (domains containing
foreign words), seem to drop fast too.

Seems like they're using an automated algorithm that
filteres out certain domains based on dash/num/dictionary.

They probably go through the filtered lists and check the domains
which might be worth the WLS fee and keep them.

Doesn't surprise me.

Luc L.

B

beowulf

>>They probably go through the filtered lists and check the domains which might be worth the WLS fee and keep them.

1) That's a breach of ICANN rules. A registrar may not speculate on domain names. But ICANN sucks and do not punish the registrars that do speculate on domains well enough (they should loose their ICANN approval right away).

2) Oh that would be a nice way to treat their partner; snapnames. Since it would potentially make a shitload snapbacks useless when WLS is introduced - that is if verisign employees "pre-registers" WLS records on the domains they hold untill WLS is introduced.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beowulf
(they should loose their ICANN approval right away).

That's certainly something NSI doesn't have to worry about. Unless there's a radical reorganization of ICANN, I don't think we'll ever see them take any disciplinary action against NSI no matter what they do.

B

beowulf

Shiftlock,
Exactly and that's why this whole thing is unfair competition and should be brought to the courts :)

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wulf,

Exactly. I strongly feel that they're doing it for SnapNames.

Too bad.
Luc L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators