Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed network.us for $11,000 !!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Network.us was just sold for a little bit over $11,000 on Afternic. In my opinion this was a steal. $11,000 for a name like that is nothing!! Especially when we are talking about a new TLD that has potential to grow and become the second largest in the US after the .com. In Candada .ca has become a very popular TLD used by many businesses. However the .com is still No.1 there.
I'm strong believer of the .us. Especially for businesses and people dealing domestic audience and market place.

Have a good one,

Kim

Domain summit 2024
M

MattyP

Was it a bona-fide sale.

I am suspicious of Afternic sales. This one is no different.

Matt

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah and type in www.beauty.cc and see what has happened to this $1 million name :eek:

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like that "renew now" - banner on the right side of the page - nice flash:)

yeah looks like thy've given up even trying to pretend now! what happened to the beauty.cc mega portal they claimed they were going to develop? The "buyer" also claimed had a list of 5000 .cc names they were going to register over the next 6 mths after the sale! ha ha

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Snoopy, two years ago I believed the $1 million sale of beauty.cc was legitimate and on the strength of it I spent $60 on a .cc name.

Some may say ‘Sixty bucks, big deal’, but when you multiply this by the number of .cc domain names registered at $60 each as a result of the stated fact that a $1 million sale had transpired – and there was plenty of publicity generated at the time - you are probably looking at an amount in the millions of dollars spent.

The last time I looked, GreatDomains still trumpets this as being one of their biggest domain sales.

If someone from GD is reading here, do you still stand by 100 percent that beauty.cc was sold for $1 million?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Matt. I wasn't trying to negate snoopy's post at all but was developing it further.

I'd find it hard to beleive that greatdomains didn't know the beauty.cc sale was not bona fide at the time it occured. The selling price alone should suggest that the sale was not real, and since verisign sell .cc domains (In fact didn't they buy the whole .cc registry a while ago?) I would have thought they knew exactly what was happening.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Matt, no wurries mate.

To be fair to Verisign, its purchase of GreatDomains and .cc came after the purported $1 million sale of beauty.cc. But since then no pressure has been put on Verisign to either endorse or refute the legitimacy of that domain transaction.

Maybe an investigative journalist might like to pose a few questions to Verisign in light of the fact that a $1 million domain name was never commercially developed and two years later is now seemingly on hold pending payment of a renewal fee of as low as $19.95.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
can't be legit. don't fall for this..

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
beaut.cc is available for reg at $19.95. I agree, $999,980.05 is a lot to pay for a "y".

you can bet that the "sale" will cause a surge in .us reges as people jump to the next supposed golden tld.

as i recall with the beauty.cc sale it was mostly a stock swap that was basically a merger between .cc players with gd taking a commision that was rumoured to also be in the form of stock giving them a vested interest in perpetuating the myth of this sale.

as far as .us names go I have only seen two legitimate auctions so far,

ass.us - around $250 or so; reserve not met
americans.us - around $650; reserve not met

Hard to believe network.us would sell for $11,000 (at auction) in the light of the two auctions mentioned above.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMO, for far too long we the domain buying public have been played for suckers by some sellers, who have been laughing all the way to the bank.

They create an artificial demand fueled by our competitive nature and the scare tactic of 'Secure your name before someone else does' in whatever flavor of TLD you want.

true fizz,

Its the same old hype story with a different extension. Every time the newest extension is supposedly the 'real deal' as compared to the one before it and every time it seems to turn out a flop. Buying them should be treated as an extremely high risk venture in my view.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Its the same old hype story with a different extension. Every time the newest extension is supposedly the 'real deal' as compared to the one before it

hard to disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators