Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed network.us for $11,000 !!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RE: I could not disagree more.
On the contrary... I think the seller should count his blessings.
An extension so new and so ccTLDish right now looks to suspicious for 11K.

Lets see hoa many other generic .us will sell this year for half that?

answer: NONE

too soon...maybe in a couple of years but not now, no way !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why wait 2 years and pay $110,000 when you can buy it now for $11,000 :)

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are two mistakes in the quote below from the silicon.com writer:

Research from internet marketeers Harris Interactive reported that 68 per cent of Americans would choose to buy from a dot-US domain over a dot-com or foreign domain.
Mistake 1: The Harris Poll results were extrapolated to indicate that ‘as many as 68 million Americans’ (ie. 24%), NOT ‘68 per cent of Americans’, which is a huge difference.

Mistake 2: Those in the poll were apparently asked whether they would choose the new .US Internet address over the more generic .com Internet address for their family or business website, NOT whether they ‘would choose to buy from a dot-US domain over a dot-com or foreign domain’.

The headline of the April 24 press release from Neustar states: ‘More Americans Prefer .US to .com for E-mail and Websites, According to Harris Poll’ . This headline intrigued me and I wanted to read the reported April 24 poll results in depth and visited the Harris Interactive website:
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PollYear=2002

Unfortunately there was no mention of any domain related findings in the April 24 weekly Harris Poll, which was devoted to the popularity of politicians. I can only assume the .US vs .com poll was part of a smaller, private poll commission and not for public release in full. The website invites commissions for polls and provides some brief details under the heading: ‘How to Conduct a Harris Poll’:

If you are interested in conducting a Harris Poll, we need to understand your requirements. Most importantly we need to know what is the topic of the survey and how will the results be used. Once we have this and other information we would be happy to provide a study design and price.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice spotting there snoops, LOL

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Interesting stuff. I'm wondering though...

How much WOULD people APPRAISE this for (past the rec. to HOLD)?

W\Z

.us isn't exactly burning a trail right now - only 327k reges (although it does seem to be outpacing .info for daily reges).

afternic price - maybe 1-2k to a diehard .us believer. If it goes for more at afternic I'd expect a repeat relist job like this time.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy http://www.afternic.com/index.cfm?a=a&listID=2603363
car was right :laugh:

Thanks for the heads up Snoopy. At the time it was said several times that network.us sold for $11,000 I was suspicious it was not so but hesitant to say so since everyone seemed so certain about it.

The name is good but does not seem to be worth anywhere near $11,000. Perhaps $2,000 to someone who had actual use for it re some type of Network firm.

I am a strong believer in .US but would not pay more than a few hundred $ for network.us myself, and only if I had a use for it, which I do not.

How did Car know it was BS at the time?

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to admit that there is something fishy going on for the domain Network.us. First it was sold for $11,000 on Afternic. Now it is relisted (no change of owner as far as I know) and he is asking $10,000 for it. It has received a few bids. All is from the same guy with very small bid increments. Is that weird or what?? :confused:

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by namedancer
beaut.cc is available for reg at $19.95. I agree, $999,980.05 is a lot to pay for a "y".

quaaaaaack - quack - quack - quack :laugh:

cxz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
dot-cc and dot-tv are probably affiliated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators