Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed New URLs Needed!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike

I think alot of entities which are already on the net have hung their proverbial hats on some pretty horrendous domains for their websites and are in need of a new URL for their site. They currently have an ugly url, which would be judged worthless if put up for appraisal here by one of us. You know the type. You have seen them on the net, heard them on the radio, or seen them in print or on TV. If you are anything like me, they drive you wild. I think to myself "how can they get away with using such a sucky URL?"

Please post lousy URL's you know of now, or come across in the future, which are CURRENTLY BEING USED by companies, non-profits, government agencies, etc.!

This is like a reverse domains wanted in that we determine which entities could benefit most from acquiring a new URL in the aftermarket.

My "New URL Needed" example is......md-electric-info.com!

What is that url for?
Its the official site for the Maryland Public Service Commision. They run several ads weekly on two 50,000 watt radio stations. The announcer rushes thru the fluffy 60 second script and stumbles thru saying the address only once. It drives me nuts. They're wasting a multi-million dollar radio ad budget to promote a three word, double--dash, acronym domain, when they probably could buy mdelectricity.com or something in the aftermarket for 1 or 2k and cut the wasteful, expensive ads to efficient, economical 20 second spots. Imagine how many more people would actually visit them with their new easy to remember domain.

Please, if you have a better domain for the Maryland Public Service Commission than md-electric-info.com, contact them with your proposal, they really need a new URL.

And don't forget, Please post your "New URLs Needed" here.

Thanks,
Mike Sernocky

URLDEPOT.COM
info@urldepot.com

Domain summit 2024

Worthy post Mike. I agree, I see many URL's which are B- in regards to recall & quality & recognition, which large co's are using. I'll keep this post in mind & I'll post back here, when I run across this.. it truely exist's 4sure. There is 'an open market' here for selling a Quality Name to a company which has a B- name, and I don't think it would take an 'genius' salesman/woman to close/ink the deal.. Common sense, if presented to an 'intelligent' biz owner/decision maker.. is 1/2 of selling the name. Redirect or just buy the name to keep a competitor from having the 'edge' over you..
I agree with your post 100%

QualityDomains

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
We totally agree with this these postings. As you may already know this is our niche market and we only list Quality Domains on our site.

This not only save the prospective purchaser time, but also gives the seller more of a chance of being found amongst all the "dash" domains and "number" domains.

Can't think off hand any established companies using poor domains though, probably for the very reason of the poor unmemorable domain name they are using. We do get them submitted to our site for sale though and we reject many domains we think are not Quality.

Originally posted by QualityDomains
We totally agree with this these postings. As you may already know this is our niche market and we only list Quality Domains on our site.

This not only save the prospective purchaser time, but also gives the seller more of a chance of being found amongst all the "dash" domains and "number" domains.

Can't think off hand any established companies using poor domains though, probably for the very reason of the poor unmemorable domain name they are using. We do get them submitted to our site for sale though and we reject many domains we think are not Quality.

What is your firm's idea/description of a Quality Domain? I might have a handful, which would qualify...

Try to say this name.
(s) (s)
laminatesfloorscheap.com

I sold him:

LamainateFloor.com
and Laminate-Flooring.com
But he is still using his old name. It is high on Google

M

mike

Thanks guys for the feedback here, but I think I am going to improve my post, cite more specific examples and move this thread soon to a more suitable area. Sorry about posting t here inthe appraisals section. Guess I didn't tink it thru. I really think companies currently using lousy urls could grow into a source for leads. And who knows more about lousy URL's than us?

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
great point mike, do you think contacting comapnies directly with your domain name for sale is a good method of selling?

Originally posted by eddie1278
great point mike, do you think contacting comapnies directly with your domain name for sale is a good method of selling?

ABSOLUTELY...

TAKE YOUR MESSAGE TO THE TOP.

what's the WORSE thing that can happen ?

you bet.. direct market your Killer names.. to the
top.. go direct..

they won't come to you.. most likely..

go to the DECISION MAKERS..

PLANT YOUR SALES PITCH..

and ink the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators