• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale NicGenie questionable Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

a2zofb2b

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 14, 2002
Messages
313
Reaction score
0
I am begining to question NicGenie Service.
I have a feeling that ,they collect a good expiring name based on the Customers request and delete the availabilty of the name from the Bid list the very next day.

e.g.
I tried to backorder www.PrePaidCellPhone.com on the 19th, but they the deleted it from my bid list the very next day.

Yesterday I tried www.LiveCricket.com , which will be expiring in another 30 min today, but it has vanished from my Bid list.

Anybody else experienced similar problem with NicGenie.

I know the success rate using NicGenie is very low, but then I use it as a last resort when the domain name has a SnapBack or a higher Bid in Namewinner.
 
Originally posted by a2zofb2b
I am begining to question NicGenie Service.
I have a feeling that ,they collect a good expiring name based on the Customers request and delete the availabilty of the name from the Bid list the very next day.

e.g.
I tried to backorder www.PrePaidCellPhone.com on the 19th, but they the deleted it from my bid list the very next day.

Yesterday I tried www.LiveCricket.com , which will be expiring in another 30 min today, but it has vanished from my Bid list.

Anybody else experienced similar problem with NicGenie.

I know the success rate using NicGenie is very low, but then I use it as a last resort when the domain name has a SnapBack or a higher Bid in Namewinner.

Yes thats true, they remove the name after the delete date.
In 19 march they got lightweightconcrete.com - had snap and also namewinner bid.
 
Originally posted by a2zofb2b
In my case www.LiveCricket.com will be deleted in the next half hour, yet they removed it from my bid list.

Didi it vanish today or yesterday?
 
I think it vanished today.

Strangly enough, just now (after the 12:15 PM Central Standard Time ) got an email that www.LiveCricket.com has been outbid.

I have a feeling that they collect the list of the backorder domain names and must be selling it to the preferred customer.
(Usually if a customer tries to bid in NicGenie, means it is alredy snapped at snapnames and has a good bid in namewinner)
 
Originally posted by a2zofb2b
I think it vanished today.

Strangly enough, just now (after the 12:15 PM Central Standard Time ) got an email that www.LiveCricket.com has been outbid.

I have a feeling that they collect the list of the backorder domain names and must be selling it to the preferred customer.
(Usually if a customer tries to bid in NicGenie, means it is alredy snapped at snapnames and has a good bid in namewinner)

Yes that could also be true, I would also be intersted in this kind off list :-)
 
17th March

"sailed.com" is registered with whois.parava.net - NicGenie


4th March


"compromises.com" is registered with whois.parava.net - NicGenie
 
3rd March

"crams.com" is registered with whois.parava.net - NicGenie
 
<1>How to place a bid for a single domain name as the NicGenie website only provides button/link for BULK BID, but not BID for a single domain

<2>BTW, I am not very familiar with the concept of BULK BID, if I place a bid of 51 dollars for 5 domain...for example...

If they sucessfully grabbed all 5 domains they'll charge me $51 right? What if they missed some of them, [e.g. they only grabbed 1 out of 5 domains]

Please tell me if I'm wrong~



Thanks very much!
 
Originally posted by Franky
3rd March

"crams.com" is registered with whois.parava.net - NicGenie

that was me =)
- if anyone really wants it make me an offer =)
I did not think nicgenie could beat namewinner like that - the bid at namewinner is over 2k
 
I can't even signed up with nicgenie :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom