Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NNNNN.com countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As it stands, there are less than 19,000 NNNNN.com's left, out of only 100,000 total (far less than the 450,000+ LLLL.com's which have already sold out). So most of the NNNNN.com's are gone, over 99% of the 1NNNN.com's are gone and over 90% of the 2NNNN.com's are already gone. The NNNNN.com's are the next category of domain real estate on the net to go. As of yesterday, only 17,782 were left. There are many good NNNNN.com's left, and the thing I like about NNNNN.com's is that even a "bad" number will get some traffic, because people type in random numbers all the type for all sorts of reasons. I could easily see all the NNNNN.com's being registered within a year.

I have a portfolio of around 1,500 NNNNN.com's, some of which make very good traffic revenue ($3-6/day). Some good buying strategies I have found are buying NNNNN.com's that are foreign postal codes, some large cities are still available, buying NNNNN.com's that have lucky numbers in China, that spell words on cell phones, or that have repeating characters, sequences, or other easy to remember features. There are also numbers that are part numbers that people search for a lot.

Domain summit 2024

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the countdown and the new blog RKB. I'm sure you'll stir up a whole new breed of NuDoms (Numeric Domainers).

Cheers,

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a portfolio of around 1,500 NNNNN.com's, some of which make very good traffic revenue ($3-6/day). .

I have a few hundred nnnnn.coms. I think many/most get traffic, but I get very little income from the traffic, perhaps because a lot is Chinese.

Do you have any monetizing tips for this traffic?

Mine are parked at trafficz.com

Thanks,

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few hundred nnnnn.coms. I think many/most get traffic, but I get very little income from the traffic, perhaps because a lot is Chinese.

Do you have any monetizing tips for this traffic?

Mine are parked at trafficz.com

Thanks,

That's the big question, I'm trying to figure it out. I use godaddy parking premium service for my 1,000+ NNNNN.com's. Have been doing well, but not as well as they could be doing I think, like $0.10-$0.15 per click. Some sites are making several dollars a day just because they get so many visitors and clicks (I think form China as well), but I am going to start trying to get Chinese ads on there and see if that does better. GoDaddy has a non-english folder and that's going to be my next attempt.

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ALL United States ZIP codes are registered!!!!

Who'd have thought that!;)

My first thought was that the OP was just trying to get us all to buy them to make his holding more valuable :smilewinkgrin: but he does have a point.
People always look for the next available space. It is inevitable.
Its still a long term strategy to say the least but if you take the time to register some strong stratgeic numbers that mean something, even something little, then it may be a decent bet.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got a list of all premium number NNNNN.com's here

I think the buyout should happen within a year or two, which will obviously boost the min reseller prices. Might even happen sooner if some bigger players step up and reg a bunch.

I know I'll be monitoring these closely so I won't miss it :lol:

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
About the zip codes, all US zip codes may be registered and these are very valuable, but there are foreign zip codes in large cities that have not been all registered, and these get traffic. Plus, one NNNNN.com may be a foreign postal code for 3-4 different cities (say Spain, Germany, and Sweden will all use the same NNNNN for postal codes), so numbers are scarce and there are lots of potential uses for any particular number. Plus, while the US zip codes are all registered, the postal service adds 20-50 new zip code numbers every year in order to account for population growth, so a number that is random today could be a valuable zip code tomorrow. There are other uses for numerics as well other than zip codes, lucky numbers, numbers with significance in China, birthdates, part numbers, numbers with repeating letters or sequences, numbers that spell words on cell phones, and many other uses.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
recent scan; 15,966 are available. All premiums are gone :)

What would be a premium for a number?

I went to reg all the remaining ones that had 739 (SEX) in the domain. There were around 35 left. But alas, some other NuDom (Aussi) I think got em'.

Prices will start to trend upwards.

About 40k into my scan of 100k. I will go thru them tonight and see which I may be interested in.

Are you sure about the SEX ones? I just typed in 3 good ones and they were still available.

Perhaps you are talking about .mobi instead of .com as the OP was talking about?

I just hand registered 69739 and 73969 69SEX and SEX69 and SEXME

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What would be a premium for a number?

About 40k into my scan of 100k. I will go thru them tonight and see which I may be interested in.

Are you sure about the SEX ones? I just typed in 3 good ones and they were still available.

Perhaps you are talking about .mobi instead of .com as the OP was talking about?

I just hand registered 69739 and 73969 69SEX and SEX69 and SEXME

Great regs. I tried them earlier and it said they were taken. Drop me an IM of the ones you won't be taking. Thx.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, according to 3character.com

15,775 NNNNN.com's are now remaining as of 4 minutes ago

16,987 available as of this post.

Are you just rescanning your available list or the full list when you came up with 15,775?

There are also another 1,000 dropping within the next month.

gooster

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could someone put up a list of the available NNNNNs? I am doing a scan now but in the mean time.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Took 7 hours to do my scan :(

gooster

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Took 7 hours to do my scan :(

I made the error of only scanning premiums. Just found out there are none left so have to restart the whole thing...

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There were a few several hours ago, but by the time my scan ended and I went to register, they were gone.

PM me your email address and I will send over my finished scan.

gooster

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are there any large holders here who have info on traffic? I would expect the CTR to be near to 0% but is there significant traffic from China, etc?

wadsworth

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I made the error of only scanning premiums. Just found out there are none left so have to restart the whole thing...

:lol: I did the same thing. Came back a few hours later to find nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators