Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NNNNN.com countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooster

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i cant believe this nnnnn hypo- why not lllll then?

who started the hypo? i might have a job for him

Personally I would prefer a NNNNN.com than a poor quality LLLL.com. There is simply no point in a poor LLLL because there are 0 acronyms. Although there are obviously very few acronyms for numerical domains, they are much rarer.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LLLL.com sold out, and there were 456,976 of those.

There are only 100,000 NNNNN.com, they cross language barriers so no concerns about different languages, IDN, etc.

Someone pointed out that one company owns about half of them all for use as US zip codes, so that further limits the availability.

They will be sold out within days and will automatically be worth double reg fee at least IMO.

They are good for use as a short, numeric domain, they are .com, and with 6 billion people on the planet, 100,000 names isn't enough supply (if you want the .com version). These could also be good for a mobile website address because the numbers are featured on a cell phone pad.

NNN.com and NNNN.com are appreciating, so NNNNN.com is the next best bet for a numeric domain.

Sure, it's all speculation, but hand regging any domain these days is speculation, even two and three word combinations.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
isn't the domain names should be about names that makes sense - what sense nnnnn making except for the us post codes ??

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, think about this example,

57678 is understood by people in Spain, China, USA, France, Portugal, Italy, Japan, etc. (as far as I know).

you can't say the same thing about languages, so right there is a huge benefit. the pool of people that might be interested in a numeric domain is bigger. China has a lot of websites that are just numbers.

at the rate the web and mobile web are growing, internet use is growing, domain market is growing, etc., short generic names like NNNNN.com will see future demand. any that drop in the future will get picked up.

you see it now with L-L-L.com and LLLL.com, they still drop but get picked up right away. names that were available last year to reg sell for 2x to 10x reg fee. that's a nice return for any market.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i just can't imagine 56128.com - joke site, 11836.com - dating site , and 26127.com - flower delivery directory

sorry- this just another hypo- same like idn hypo

im out, newbies beware

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Two years from now, if the internet continues along the same path, what will be the availability of NNNNN.com to a domainer or end-user looking for one at that time? I guarantee there won't be any to fresh reg, so you have to go to the aftermarket. Sure, it could all flame out and NNNNN.com will mostly drop and not get picked up, but I bet it will go the other way.

gooster

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
isn't the domain names should be about names that makes sense - what sense nnnnn making except for the us post codes ??

Numerical domains will not be affected by the possible success of IDNs. Also, I would say 36949.com is much better than ZXQYX.com.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Numbers, as someone pointed out, are a universal language.

The have the same value and the same meaning in any language.

As for numbers equating to a certain letter of the alphabet, get out of that mindset.

Letters as we know them in a certain sequence do not mean the same thing. The do not translate into the same thing on a global scale.

Consider the simple fact that English is NOT the number one spoken language in the world. IDN will eventually happen. It is a matter of time. And being that Asian markets are far ahead of US based technology, I am seeing many phone manufacturers not even placing our English (Latin, Roman) alphabet on handsets. Several are going to Chinese, Japanese, and Korean native script.

And in many Arab countries, those that have large populations of Muslim are also forgoing the English alphabet on hand sets and using Arabic instead.

So there is a certain universal acceptance of numbers. And there has been. Many have not got a thing to do with zip codes. It works as a zip code to those that want it to represent a zip code. But for many it is nothing more than an URL.

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i just can't imagine 56128.com - joke site, 11836.com - dating site , and 26127.com - flower delivery directory

im out, newbies beware

I have to totally agree here. :yes:

However IMHO, there are certain exceptions. The numbers that are worth regging were taken a long time ago....numbers like these for example...

etc...

but Why you may ask??

To find out.. visit T9.com and dial these examples to find out ;)

Enjoy !!

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh, and tell that to one of China's most popular websites:

www.6.cn

:rain::crazy: how does this have to do with 89127.com ?

same as telling we regg wchge.com as xe.com is poppular

why not just go reg .cn's- they are much cheaper- so less money to lose

gooster

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:rain::crazy: how does this have to do with 89127.com ?

same as telling we regg wchge.com as xe.com is poppular

why not just go reg .cn's- they are much cheaper- so less money to lose

You said:

isn't the domain names should be about names that makes sense

Since when has 6 been a word that makes sense? Obviously completely different to NNNNNs but shows that a domain name doesn't have to consist solely of letters to "make sense"

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
whatever, reg as much nnnnnn's as you can

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

im out, newbies beware

There are many, many possible uses for NNNNN.com's. The primary one is traffic, I own a large portfolio of these and I can tell you, they get very good traffic and PPC revenue. People all over the world type in random 5-digit numbers all the time for all sorts of reasons, lucky numbers, foreign postal codes, addresses, part numbers, birthdays, spelled words on cell phones, prices, math calculations, you name it. Traffic is the primary reason why this is not just a hype, people that buy the remaining NNNNN.com's are not going to need to get rid of them in a year, because they will make back some of, all of, or more than their reg fee within the year just on traffic. Then, beyond traffic, there are many possible good uses for these domains, I have invested heavily in foreign postal codes, these sites get traffic and people are looking for specific things and if you have relevant content for them you can make a ton of money, like Marchex has done with the US zip codes. The chinese also buy and develop NNNNN.com sites because numbers are very big there. There is a very limited supply of numbers, but the uses of them keep increasing. One NNNNN.com may represent foreign postal codes in 3 different countries, a couple part numbers, a date, and other things. You may believe it's just hype, we'll just have to see, but a very scarce commodity with tons of different uses and traffic revenue from day 1 seems more valuable than those obscure LLLL.com's that are not very scarce by comparison and that are going for $60 these days.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whatever, reg as much nnnnnn's as you can

Your username fits you.

I don't understand how registering a name for $8 that will AT LEAST double in the next month is a bad investment. Tell me a stock which will give me a 100% return in such a short time frame?

There are naysayers all the time in the domain market - those are the guys who don't earn any money. The guys who jump into new markets while everyone else is still skeptical - those are the people who make serious cash.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
okay i'll wait and see how everyone will be grabbing nnnnn's next month for 15$

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your username fits you.

I don't understand how registering a name for $8 that will AT LEAST double in the next month is a bad investment. Tell me a stock which will give me a 100% return in such a short time frame?

There are naysayers all the time in the domain market - those are the guys who don't earn any money. The guys who jump into new markets while everyone else is still skeptical - those are the people who make serious cash.

Over at nnnnndomains.com yesterday I quoted a similar naysayer from the LLLL.com countdown thread (a few months before they were all bought out). It's funny to read those old threads now.

http://www.nnnnndomains.com/2008/02/anatomy-of-buyout.html

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have passed up so many should-of could-of would-of's, so if I just wasted a few hundred dollars on NNNNN.com's then so be it. At least this time I will say I tried and not I should have. But with anything there is no regrets. You may lose today and tomorrow, but you are bound to win sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom