Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Not sure how it happened, but I've got a bunch of names to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr8names

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello to everyone,

My name is Tony, and I am *not* a domainer - at least not on purpose. Too many ideas, and too little focus has left me holding roughly 100 domains that I am now looking to liquidate to raise capital for an unrelated project.

I do have the utmost respect for everyone here. I know that domaining can be lucrative but takes hard work doing research, marketing, & negotiating, not too mention requiring the patience of Job. My passion lies elsewhere, though, so instead of making a half-assed effort to prune and grow my small portfolio, I've decided it all must go.

I appreciate any and all feedback, comments, appraisals, and offers. I try to be realistic about what I have. I know some aren't worth the renewal fee, some may be currently priced too high, and others I truly have no idea how to price. That said, I am not under any artificial time constraints either. I'd like to find the best balance I can between expediency of sales and price.

Thanks again for sharing your experience and insights. Please feel free to reach out to me if any of my names pique your interest or if you have any questions, comments, etc.

Regards,

Tony

saadmubeen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Gr8Names,

Welcome, to DnForum! I would advice you to list your names on all the major marketplaces,like Sedo, Afternic, etc...

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in"

Seriously

Good Luck with your sale and with your next venture... :yo:

gr8names

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcome. Yes, I've got about 80% of my names on Sedo: http://gr8na.me/l71F3l (Sedo.com). I've sold a handful over the years, but ever since they changed their layout, I've found that paying for promotion with them wasn't worth it anymore. Its hard to get noticed among the millions of names they sell, but when I can get an auction started there, most domains sell for what I feel is a fair price. It's too bad pushtoauction.com doesn't seem to be doing their thing anymore.

I've had names in both daily and showcase auctions at SnapNames.com, with no success at all. I've sold a site and a few names at Flippa.com, but the shoppers there seem to have a different product and price point in mind. I don't mean that in a bad way at all, it's just that there does not seem to be much domain speculating going on there.

In an effort to see if I could serendipitously make some end user connections I've even been going full bore on Twitter (@gr8names). Having just crossed the 14,000 follower threshold, I've come to the stark realization that it's going to take forever for the stars to align there. Which leads me to reach out to everyone here on this forum for help.

Thanks again for welcoming me. I look forward to interacting with as many people here as possible.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not sayng your names are bad, but i wouldnt take any of them if you offered them to me for free, if it isnt an exremely memmorable name or the name of a specific product or service i dont touch them, Hope i am wrong good luck
joe t

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exposure is not the problem, and buyers don't want to trawl through endless lists anyway. They already know what they want.
The trick is to own domains that other people would want.
When you have the right domains, buyers will find you.
Welcome to DNF :)

panago

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good luck with your sales efforts.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can you come down on the price for miningvacations?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the title:

Not sure how it happened, but I've got a bunch of names to sell.

Kind of like saying, Not sure how it happened but I got someone pregnant.

gr8names

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kind of like saying, Not sure how it happened but I got someone pregnant.

Does that mean that since one cannot be a "little bit pregnant" that one cannot be a "little bit domainer?"

Thanks again to everyone for their welcomes and well wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom