Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld Nov 24 TBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
flong101, I have remarked on your posting in the other thread as well, I really wish you would deal in fact rather than create fictional stories that are only meant to be combative. You wrote:

"Interesting how Pool does not deny that it was them after all the cause of the cancellation." There is no doubt that we had an issue with the TBR, that is easily shown in the temporary results which some of you I assume have seen. I do not deny that. What I will profusely deny is that the TBR was cancelled on the basis of our technical issue. My understanding is there were multiple registrars affected (not just ours) and ultimately CIRA had to make a tough decision. As I said in my original post, if Pool was found to be at fault, we would have taken our lumps and learned our lesson. Clearly this was not the case. Others were also affected.

"Instead they elect to post this load of BS believing that we are all idiots." I have been fortunate enough to meet many of my customers based in Canada and I can assure you I don't believe you "are all idots". There is no BS in my posting. Everything is factual. And I would hope that those of you who have met me would echo that I operate openly and with integrity.

"So Momentous is located in Ottawa as is CIRA." So is Sibername, and I suspect other registrars, who cares? If it's relevent, Sibername's offices are within walking distance of CIRA! Give me a break, our offices are in the same city somehow allows you to draw some kind of conclusion?

"What happened in the wee hiours of the night? Pool showed up at CIRA offices to "oversee the integrity of the session"?Or does pool have enough directors and staff at CIRA that they really don't need to show up as they are already there?" Neither Pool.com nor Momentous have any directors or staff at CIRA. And if you really want to know, I attended a rather disappointing hockey game last night. And my staff went home. There was nothing we could do to influence CIRA, they had communicated they would investigate the performance of the drop and publish the results which was fine with us. I found out the results this morning on arriving at my office. As stated elsewhere, if the decison was made to allow the TBR to stand, Pool.com would have taken its lumps and learned a lesson.

"Do other registrars know that while they believe they have a relationship with CIRA, they in fact have a relationship controlled and managed by Pool?" Where do you dream up this stuff? Are you really willing to be hauled in front of a judge to support these accusations?

"Webnames does not do much in TBR so it is not a factor here. But Pool is the major player and Pool controls CIRA." Pool controls CIRA? Really? How? Again, these wild accusations are blindingly false and I sure hope you have a good legal defence if you are ever asked by either CIRA or Pool.com to defend your accusations.

"And this whole ambiguity issue is such an insulting term to every one out there. All registrars from Burmac to Sibername managed to figure out the TBR without issue. Only Pool found it ambiguous?" Again, totally incorrect. According to CIRA, multiple registrars were affected, not just the registrars used by Pool.com. Is it fair to say that "most" registrars "figured it out"? Yes, I think so. But that fact that not all "figured it out" correctly suggests that the CIRA decision is correct.

"And then CIRA decides, to cancel?" Yes, despite knowing that their decision would in fact be seen/interpreted by some the way you are portraying it, they did the right thing! I am confident that any of the decision making trail would stand up to scrutiny and while you may not personally like the decision, I believe it was based on sound data and judgement and was indeed made after very careful consideration by CIRA.

"So in the end, the only party that matters is Pool. And again all registrars do not have a relationship with a transparent entity that treats all fairly and at arm length. They really have a relationship with Pool." Again the facts state that multiple registrars were affected, not just the ones used by Pool.com.

"The .ca domain namespace is a canadian asset. This is not a Pool asset. What transpired is nothing less than a travesty. How do we get IndustryCanada involved?" I would welcome any inquiry by Industry Canada rather than listen to more of your unfounded conjecture and wild accusations. Further, I hope you are prepared to stand up in a public court and defend your comments and accusations rather than rant and rave behind an alias that may or may not be traceable to a real person.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

zoobar, you are right that the TBR ran last week but it did not run successfully allowing all registrars to submit command streams. You may recall there was an issue with IP addresses that inhibited some registrars from actually connecting to the process. You'd have to look at the CIRA announcements when it was shut down but as I recall, the shut down occurred just prior to the actual scheduled start time (or within a minute or two of the start possibly).

CanSpace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what specific issue you were having during the TBR session?

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]zoobar, you are right that the TBR ran last week but it did not run successfully allowing all registrars to submit command streams. You may recall there was an issue with IP addresses that inhibited some registrars from actually connecting to the process. You'd have to look at the CIRA announcements when it was shut down but as I recall, the shut down occurred just prior to the actual scheduled start time (or within a minute or two of the start possibly).

I caught 19 names last week. It ran.

Were Pool registrars the only ones affected by the IP issue?

CanSpace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That echoes our sentiments exactly. I've also contacted our channel manager with CIRA and have also received no response. The only thing 'ambiguous' is their explanation of this entire situation.

I'm not normally the conspiracy theorist type, but this all does seem a little fishy...

ianccc

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am a little disappointed hear folks !!!!
I for one stand behind flong101 in what he is saying..... and I hope all the other "aftermarket" folks stand behind him in THIS FORUM also.

All I hear from POOL is Poor Me, you had lots of time to "Get it Right" and you didnt, so tough luck. This to me is POLITICAL and the whole thing stinks

I am CANCELLING MY POOL ACCOUNT - EFFECTIVE NOW - as soon as I find out how to do this OR maybe the pool guy will be nice and do that for me now!!!!!!!

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just sent an email to CIRA (the general email) and CC'd Heather Dryden ([email protected]) as she is the only member of the Board of Directors from Industry Canada.

I asked them to reverse yesterday's cancellation or, at the very least, place the "caught" names in somesort of escrow until the issue is resolved

The entire Board of Directors can be found here...

http://www.cira.ca/bios/

flong101

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think CIRA should reverse its decision and take these domains from future TBR sessions.

I will contact the board as well. Thanks Spex.

Richard,

Now that everyone is aware that all TBR players except Pool did not have a problem, I suggest you do the right thing and contact CIRA and request that they let yesterday's results stand.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fling101, You wrote: "Now that everyone is aware that all TBR players except Pool did not have a problem" I am not aware that all TBR players except Pool were affected by event. In fact, quite the opposite. I was informed that CIRA received multiple requests. I don't know who they are but would welcome them to this forum to simply comment they were affected and asked CIRA to look into what happened.

flong101

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Richard,

Stop it already. The gig is up. It is POOL. End of story. All your attempts at evading this fact are a waste of time.

Or do you have some kind of jokercard registrar that cannot be traced to momentous that will be the other party that was affected?

I am not here to fight with you. This is the very first time I ever posted anything about any company. But I feel extremely strongly that the .ca domain is a national asset that should be managed with complete transparency and not with recklessness like what has happened with the cancellation yesterday.

You screw up you pay the consequences. You do not take 32000 .ca domains and hundreds of registrars and registrants hostage because of your screwup and under no circumstances should CIRA even consider granting you special treatment at the expense of others.

There is a can of worms heading to the spotlight.

Trust when I say, you gain so much both in good will and monetarily by doing the right thing. Since you are the only TBR party affected, there is no doubt that CIRA will reverse its decision and will let the results stand.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fling101, You wrote: "Now that everyone is aware that all TBR players except Pool did not have a problem" I am not aware that all TBR players except Pool were affected by event. In fact, quite the opposite. I was informed that CIRA received multiple requests. I don't know who they are but would welcome them to this forum to simply comment they were affected and asked CIRA to look into what happened.

In the interest of transparency - 'sunlight is the best disinfectant' - let me ask you some questions, the answers being helpful in diffusing any misunderstandings:

How many .ca registrars are members of the Momentus group and how many are within the Pool cluster?

Are all of these registrars co-located in the Ottawa area, even notionally 'offshore' registrars?

Are there now, or has there ever been people employed by CIRA who now work at the Momentous group, or vice-versa?

Are any shareholders, directors, executives, managers, employees of - or consultants to - the Momentous group related to, cohabiting with, or of a person with directors, executives, managers, employees or consultants acting for CIRA?

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To the Pool folks. I would suggest you scan the list and figure out who else had issues, maybe contact them to confirm and post that information. That would likely solve some concerns.

ianccc

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cvo.ca - Pool
domaincentre.ca - Pool
gotnames.ca - Pool
worldnames.ca - Pool
domainscape.ca - Pool
extremedomains.ca - Pool
domains2be.ca - Pool
primedomain.ca - Pool
domainscostless.ca - Pool
domainplaza.ca - Pool
thegreatdomain.ca - Pool
domainmarketplace.ca - Pool
domainbuzz.ca - Pool
hostmaster.ca - Pool
namegame.ca - Pool
nic-name.ca - Pool
quark.ca - Pool
regnow.ca - Pool
zippydomains.ca - Pool
domainnetwork.ca - Pool
domainevent.ca - Pool
luckydomains.ca - Pool
domainsforme.ca - Pool
secureadomain.ca - Pool
domains2go.ca - Pool
gonames.ca - Pool
domainos.ca - Pool
domaineered.ca - Pool
abdomainations.ca - Pool
availabledomains.ca - Pool
coolhosting.ca - Pool
domainauthority.ca - Pool
kookycondundrum.ca - Pool
domains4u.ca - Pool
domainluminary.ca - Pool
populardomains.ca - Pool
domainstream.ca - Pool
premiername.ca - Pool
notablenames.ca - Pool
securadomain.ca - Pool
megabyte.ca - Pool
domainiac.ca - Pool
domainmall.ca - Pool
getdomainsiwant.ca - Pool
nametorrent.ca - Pool
domainlink.ca - Pool
domainparadise.ca - Pool
scoopdomain.ca - Pool
domaingrabber.ca - Pool
netheadz.ca - Pool
domainmania.ca - Pool
domainideas.ca - Pool
domainsout.ca - Pool
domainstreet.ca - Pool
thedomainnamestore.ca - Pool
whatsyourname.ca - Pool
backup.ca - Pool
registermydomains.ca - Pool
searchname.ca - Pool
submit.ca - Pool
domainutopia.ca - Pool
ezhosting.ca - Pool
primeregistrar.ca - Pool
domaincentral.ca - Pool
fabdomains.ca - Pool
maindomain.ca - Pool
matchnames.ca - Pool
mynameonline.ca - Pool
randomain.ca - Pool
registerone.ca - Pool
domainsfirst.ca - Pool
wisdomain.ca - Pool
domainreign.ca - Pool
pricedomain.ca - Pool
romel.ca - Pool
grabton.ca - Pool
domainfighter.ca - Pool
domainventures.ca - Pool
zidodomain.ca - Pool
domainsatcost.ca - Pool
weregisterit.ca - Pool
domainheadz.ca - Pool
theblackcow.ca - Pool

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

some others
namescout.com - Pool
namesystem.com - Pool
signaturedomains.com - Pool
psi-japan.com - Pool
domainsonly.com - Pool
domainthenet.com - Pool
rebel.com - Pool
namesbeyond.com - Pool
srspartner.com - Pool
registersite.com - Pool
domainregistry.com - Pool
nameking.com - Pool
signdomains.com - Pool
domainstobeseen.com - Pool
ar.com - Pool
z-core.com - Pool
domainca.com - Pool
esoftwiz.com - Pool
totalregistrations.com - Pool
biditwinit.com - Pool
usawebhost.com - Pool
esite.com - Pool
nameview.com - Pool
domainpro.com - Pool
domainpeople.com - Pool
name.com - Pool
mynamenow.com - Pool
transecute.com - Pool
aaaq.com - Pool
domainz.com - Pool
leadnetworks.com - Pool
registernames.com - Pool
rgnames.com - Pool
aceofdomains.com - Pool
dotforce.com - Pool
comitnet.com - Pool
1-877namebid.com - Pool
whoistoolbar.com - Pool
webmasters.com - Pool
nettuner.com - Pool
experthost.com - Pool
expertsrs.com - Pool
hjlinnen.com - Pool
hipsearch.com - Pool
crazy8domains.com - Pool
domainestic.com - Pool
redomainder.com - Pool
getyourdotinfo.com - Pool
enterthedomain.com - Pool
yourdomainco.com - Pool
condomainium.com - Pool
getyourdotnet.com - Pool
ausregistry.net - Pool
parava.net - Pool
domainbank.net - Pool
awregistry.net - Pool
dodora.net - Pool
usefuldomains.net - Pool
bemydomain.net - Pool
adoptadomain.net - Pool
encirca.biz - Pool
psi.jp - Pool
psi-usa.info - Pool
inic.ch - Pool
enetica.com.au - Pool
fiducia.lv - Pool

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If CIRA is favoring Pool (and I have to say from what I have read so far that it looks like that may be the case),then shame on them and shame on Pool....this is a slap in the face with a fistfull of dollars to all of the other registrars that got it together and served the registrants that used them...I am finding this very infuriating that there has been no disclosure by CIRA who the registrars were.

A level playing field is hard enough in a regular week against Pool...what chance if they have their head on the same pillow as CIRA..
Wow....

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the interest of transparency - 'sunlight is the best disinfectant' - let me ask you some questions, the answers being helpful in diffusing any misunderstandings:

How many .ca registrars are members of the Momentus group and how many are within the Pool cluster?

Are all of these registrars co-located in the Ottawa area, even notionally 'offshore' registrars?

Are there now, or has there ever been people employed by CIRA who now work at the Momentous group, or vice-versa?

Are any shareholders, directors, executives, managers, employees of - or consultants to - the Momentous group related to, cohabiting with, or of a person with directors, executives, managers, employees or consultants acting for CIRA?

Very good questions MSN. I am particularly interested in one person with the last name of Campbell who used to a Pool employee who all of a sudden got a job at CIRA. She is still part of the Pool alumni at Linkedin.

Last edited:

flong101

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow Namefox. That's an amazing discovery.

Who is k. Campbell and does she have any say on whether a TBR session gets canceled?

This is what linkedin profile says:

Current

* Channel Manager at CIRA

Past

* Manager, Registration Services at CIRA
* Manager at Momentous

Channel Manager
CIRA

(Non-Profit; Internet industry)

September 2001 — Present (9 years 3 months)

Manager, Registration Services
CIRA

(Non-Profit; 11-50 employees; Internet industry)

2009 — 2009 (less than a year)
Manager
Momentous

(Internet industry)

2001 — 2001 (less than a year)

In 2001, she worked at both Momentous and CIRA.

What does channel manager mean?

Did she have any role in yesterday's decision?

God this is getting more and more unbelievable by the second.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom