Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NW is a SCAM!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Damn.
So i bulkupload a few names to bid on Namewinner into my account, and as usually i place the minimum bid of $25 on all just to see what's going on.
Now,right after hitting the submit button,guess what i see in my watch list:

DEATH.ORG (remove) 556.00 PENDING :eek:

plus a few more that had already been in my list with bids higher than my actual proxy high bid!! :eek:

What's that?!
1 second after i submit a name(death.org) it shows PENDING ?!?!
FOR $556 ?!?!?! :confused:

I swear i only bid $25 and the name had not been in my list before i actually submitted it with the others.

Sure enuff they don't answer the phone cuz it's midnight and they prolly won't answer my email that i've sent as well.
I have made screenshots of everything - i hope for them they don't dare to charge those $556 as well as the overbidding amount of my proxy bids...ASSHOLES !! :mad:
And to make it even worse, a name that NW apparently has got for me(this time the correct amount is shown) is on PENDING since almost a week now.
That's a BS company.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've used them before and I agree. Their program scripting is really weird, and now with Owen gone, a total disaster. The good ol' days are gone.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Really, if they charge my CC, imma book a flight to the States and hit them right on their ugly noses!!

Geez i have to calm down...:)

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have to keep this thread at the top for a while :)

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
whos to say that they aren't the ones "bidding" (increasing the amount) themselves.
how does one really know if there is an actual bidder bidding and not NW.
AN and GD may have gone to the dogs, but at least i can see the other bidder (shiller or not)
Know what 'm saying
Peace out :)

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Beatz,

I'm not sure when you did your submit, but I was bidding on death.org at NameWinner, and everything seemed proper to me. I took a screenshot right before the drop too, after 1 pm Eastern time (i.e. after bidding closed). See here:

http://www.loffs.com/images/namewinner_close_May_20.jpg

(I've blacked out the other names, as some names didn't drop yet -- no need to tip people off on the names I'm gunning for)

As you can see, everything was proper. Perhaps it shows "pending" if you are a bidder, or had it in your watch list, but the name was for a different client?? I've not figured out what their "pending" means completely, either.

My reserve was higher than the final price, so everything was proper as I saw the auction. If you check the WHOIS, the name is registered to me, so I assume you weren't charged for the name, as you didn't get it or outbid me.

Sincerely,

George

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've had excellent success with NW, even post-Owen.

Of course, i don't expect very much...

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi George,
Thanks for clarifying that.Usually "Pending" in NW means you actually got the name and it's just a matter of time til everything is "official".So that's not what had happened in this case apparently but the "pending" in my account must have been a NW system error anyway.Thanx again.
I feel much lighter now.:)

Frank

Stouch

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Really, if they charge my CC, imma book a flight to the States and hit them right on their ugly noses!!

Beatz, I hope you pack your hiking boots as Im sure they're in Canada :D

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just ask for a Chargeback on your Credit Card - THAT way even if you get the domain you can keep it and get your money back!! You have to fill out some forms from the Credit Card co though, but intimate that they took the money without permission!

Originally posted by devolution
Just ask for a Chargeback on your Credit Card - THAT way even if you get the domain you can keep it and get your money back!! You have to fill out some forms from the Credit Card co though, but intimate that they took the money without permission!
If you charge back a domain purchase on your credit card, you can expect the domain to go on Registry Hold - which means it's not usable any longer...

-t

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dang!!! And you think you have problems...

Old Values New Values

Registrar : NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
WhoisServer : whois.networksolutions.com
ReferralURL : www.networksolutions.com
UpdatedDate : 2000-10-09
NameServers :

HEARSAY.EARTHLINK.NET
RUMOR.EARTHLINK.NET
SPEAKEASY.EARTHLINK.NET

New Values

Registrar : 1 ENAMECO.
WhoisServer : whois.e-names.org
ReferralURL : www.e-names.org
UpdatedDate : 2002-05-27
NameServers :

NS.BUYDOMAINS.COM
THIS-DOMAIN-FOR-SALE.COM

Bring on WLS!!

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>Bring on WLS!!

Yeah. Uh-huh.

If Buydomains, Ultsearch and a few other of us are always beating you to the good stuff, what on EARTH makes you think you'll beat us to buying WLS's on all the good stuff.

The WLS will be dominated by a maximum of 10 BIG players. You turkeys will be eft out in the cold.

Unless you have a spare $100,000 to sink into it, and the technical nads to figure out whats going to drop a year in advance.

So, yeah, carry-on flag waving for the WLS, Verisign and SNapnames will love you for it - until the system is implemented, then you'll be homeless.

And I'll be laughing at you.

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
WLS!!!

RacerX has beaten the big boys in the past, and RacerX will smoke em in WLS. Bring it on!!! WLS now and forever!

Hi RacerX

Would u care to say a few words on how you beat the big boys, & what sort of domain names were involved?

Thanks!
sas386

Can someone please explain me how this NW system works? What happens if you still are the highest bidder and get nothing, say a Chun-Chong Won register it?

Thanks

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by serothehero
Can someone please explain me how this NW system works? What happens if you still are the highest bidder and get nothing, say a Chun-Chong Won register it?

Thanks

You lose the name!

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
have to ask Trixie, Spridle or Chim-Chim how RacerX competes!

{Re: Hi RacerX

Would u care to say a few words on how you beat the big boys, & what sort of domain names were involved?

Thanks!
sas386}

You will have to ask Trixie, Spridle or Chim-Chim how RacerX competes!

...if they're not around you could ask bashful, doc, grumpy, happy, sleepy, sneezy or dopey :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators