• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed >>>>>>>>>>Obamaism.com<<<<<<<<<<

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's akin to "Bushism". The problem being, Bush was known for his verbal gaffes in which case a "Bushism" was usually a stupid, out of context or erroneous statement. Whereas with Obama being an eloquent and charismatic individual, an "Obamaism" appears to be more of a positive, forward-thinking statement that's empowering.
 
Reg Fee unless this saying gets used widely and regarding grant its all in the matter of the beholder i remember when one member asked for an appraisal for a domain he had already sold and the most he got was $50 but he had the last laugh with it sold for $17.5k and yet singular version was availablr for reg fee.
 
25,000 results in Google for "Obamaism", the .org is developed - net/info/us taken.
I don't see how the .com is worth "reg fee".

Cameron stop teasing us, apparently you had a great offer for it :D
 
Theo, I have had offers, but I won't say how much until I get some replies as to what people think its value is.

I also own the plural, but I consider them two different meanings of course. The plural is more about flubs, with a minor key of possibly being positive.
 
I think it has potential if you start seeing some main stream journalists or even late night comedians start using it.

The thing with Bushism, it almost became the norm in his every day speaking.

It was expected that he was going to say something stupid, goofy, or butcher the English language.

In Obama's case, his intellect and command of the English language and rhetoric is so polished that when he gaffes, it will be news worthy.

Even the new theme We Will Recover may be a new Obamaism.

Frankly, I would hang on to it.

It has potential, just like my Obaam.com :eek:
 
I think it has potential if you start seeing some main stream journalists or even late night comedians start using it.
:

It's already and consistently used in the "'mainstream media", and with increasing frequency. CNN's Politico website, New York magazine, Slate, The Independent, Washington Post, Huffington Post, The Progressive, USAToday,have all mentioned "Obamaism" in articles, along with a thousand city papers. Obama himself references "Obamaism" articles on his own website. Jim Leher even mentioned it on his PBS show.

I mean, it has gained traction in the culture as a word, beyond the gaffes of "Bushism" and that's what makes it interesting, as far as I'm concerned.

The interest I've had from right wing groups is clearly meant to take the word and the .com and hijack it toward Obama's perceived inadequacies and use the site to spring a new Republican push. The interest from the Left is obviously to absorb any of that energy and perhaps avoid embarassment.

Let me ask it this way:

Would you take $30k and run it to the bank?
Would you take $50k and run it to the bank?
Would you hold out for $100k?

Thanks for your feedback, especially to britishbulldog's trenchant and thought-out appraisal. :lol: ;)
 
Let me ask it this way:

Would you take $30k and run it to the bank?
Would you take $50k and run it to the bank?
Would you hold out for $100k?
Tough, tough choices.

But considering the mileage this name could get over the course of the next eight years on into his Presidential Library days...

it is a tough call.

The way I view it is this...

If someone can afford 50K they can afford more.
 
Make a good political blog or news site. But even if you're getting end user offers
I don't think resellers will bite.

reseller low $xxx
and I suggest you take any $20K offer! Good luck
 
Make a good political blog or news site. But even if you're getting end user offers
I don't think resellers will bite.

reseller low $xxx
and I suggest you take any $20K offer! Good luck

Thanks for your comments. Just for the record, I have zero interest in selling to a reseller. I am curious what people think the name is worth assuming that the baseline offers I mentioned have been offered by end users. :)

I'll report back the results ;)
 
In case people forgot, this is an appraisal thread, not a discussion thread. If you are not contributing to the appraisal then don't post.
 
- reg fee

sorry, but there are many better ways to use your domain time/money. These types of names may sell to a big fan, but usually to no one.
 
I'd happily take 2.5K and run to the bank
 
- reg fee

sorry, but there are many better ways to use your domain time/money. These types of names may sell to a big fan, but usually to no one.

Pure Quality and Spot on........:lol:
 
some obama domains are worth a mint
this isn't one of them. the return results are poor, it gets some mentions but development is only chance. i think reseller value is xx, maybe xxx on a good day

if you truly have an enduser floating around, sever their hand at wrist imho, anything in xxxx range :eek:

i'll post some of my obama domains for appraisal in a bit :cool:

btw: to o/p, i know it's a cliche but development really would add plenty to value. it could be an ongoing project, it would add value no doubt. its what i plan to do
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom