Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

legal OED.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

philiporchard

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OED.net

A well matured and tasty looking 3 letter ;)

BIN: £1.5k

Domain Summit 2024

philiporchard

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was brokering the sale of OED.net.

After posting on DN Forum, someone contacted the owner of the domain directly and agreed a sale. No problem there, as I'd have received payment regardless of how a sale went through.

The owner, however, transferred the name prior to payment, and no payment was ever made. OED.net was stolen. The email address and names (all probably made up) were jahad mustafa email : [email protected].

We have a domain lawyer, but this is fraud. Can anyone recommend the best course of action.

Thanks, Phil Orchard

davidpearce

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am the (ex-) owner of the domain in question. Over the years, I'm sure we've all waived the process of escrow for people we know and trust - and for people in the industry who have a good reputation.
However, foolishly, in this case I simply trusted a friendly stranger without a Net presence. The fraudster in question has now sold the domain to an innocent third party in Portugal whom I have no doubt purchased the domain in good faith.

Anyhow, this is just to alert people on the forum to be cautious about any dealings with the party below:

ADMIN CONTACT INFO
jahad mostafa
901 - B1 - Al Naumiyah Towers - Kuwait Stajm
ajman
ajman
AE
Phone: +971.4425004
Email Address: [email protected]

[the contact details are taken from a the domain rafiei.com with which he is associated. I've belatedly done a little detective work]

He used the email address
jahad mostafa <[email protected]>
when contacting me.
Sadder and Wiser Dave

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone push the domain before payment?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brilliant..

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brilliant..

Really doesn't make sense does it? I mean I am sorry that he got screwed over but why would anyone in their right mind push a domain first much less to someone they don't know.

davidpearce

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've used escrow.com in the past - but it has been expensive and has pitfalls of its own.
So I normally prefer to trust people - perhaps not always wisely, but until now without any problems. Deals get done quicker.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am not so sure how it's expensive... for a name you were planning to sell for $1500 ...it would cost you $50 for escrow ..which you shouldn't be paying anyway. The buyer should pay it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Dave, also see this post where the same email turns up in another recent fraud:

http://www.dnforum.com/f26/sold-dom...paypal-account-thread-376509.html#post1744151

I am the (ex-) owner of the domain in question. Over the years, I'm sure we've all waived the process of escrow for people we know and trust - and for people in the industry who have a good reputation.
However, foolishly, in this case I simply trusted a friendly stranger without a Net presence. The fraudster in question has now sold the domain to an innocent third party in Portugal whom I have no doubt purchased the domain in good faith.

Anyhow, this is just to alert people on the forum to be cautious about any dealings with the party below:

ADMIN CONTACT INFO
jahad mostafa
901 - B1 - Al Naumiyah Towers - Kuwait Stajm
ajman
ajman
AE
Phone: +971.4425004
Email Address: [email protected]

[the contact details are taken from a the domain rafiei.com with which he is associated. I've belatedly done a little detective work]

He used the email address
jahad mostafa <[email protected]>
when contacting me.
Sadder and Wiser Dave

davidpearce

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators