Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024
This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

ludacwisp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the extent of this domain's appeal extends much further than Buckeye nation, but hoping to get a bit of feedback from anyone who is in the same boat as I am in that it might be worth a couple hundred bucks down the road after a long wait? It was originally regged in 2002 and snared off a recent drop.

After evaluating it myself a few times, it seems like it could potentially be a sale in the low 4 figure range, but would likely take a bit more time than sell than most... The only real world application I've been able to surmise is something to the effect of a Buckeye Alumni social networking site, which seems pretty out there. I'm sure it could have other applications as well. Any thoughts you guys have would be much appreciated.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I own a lot of State domains myself -- stuff like Nebraskans.net and Ohioans.net.

Based on the offers I get on mine (mostly lower $xxx) and a few sales, I think I have a pretty good grasp of buyers in this area.

Honestly, I don't think State abbreviation + "State" + .NET / .ORG is a good idea for domain investment. Offers will gravitate to the .COM for "OHState". And you'll have too many "domain competitors" for buyers to choose from, which means that you'd need to lower your asking price to compete:

OhioState.net
OHState.net
OhioState.org
OHState.org
OhioState.com
OHState.com
etc.

If you get a chance to sell OHState.net, I'd recommend letting it go.

ludacwisp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot... really appreciate your insight. I would definitely be satisfied with $100 on it.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom