Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Opinions on a few .ca domains / Cryptonetwork.ca

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

Sorengluff

Level 1
Reaction score
Hello, so I was going to make this post in the .ca forum, but it seems pretty quiet in there. Anyhow, here are some .ca domains that I have collected, please offer any opinions or valuations you may have. Does anyone know the best place to sell a .ca domain? Thanks

Cryptonetwork.ca

Cryptosource.ca

Bestquality.ca

Bitsearch.ca

Cloudapp.ca

Cloudgaming.ca

Cloudsearch.ca

Financebroker.ca

Getloan.ca

Golfsimulator.ca

Governmentauctions.ca

ipop.ca

ivpn.ca

Santarosa.ca

Shoop.ca

Taos.ca

Worldgolf.ca

Ynot.ca

Thanks again!

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can try the GoDaddy/NameJet/Sedo market places for sales.
I don’t see any that jump out at me but probably because they are not the areas I tend to focus on.
That is not to say they don’t have value.
I don’t know how strong the Crypto market still is but your Crypto names could have vaue if you find someone active in that field.
Ask yourself who you thought they might be geared toward when you bought them and decide if you want to attempt to direct sell but remember that Canada has some fairly stiff penalties for unsolicited (spam) email laws in place
https://www.fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/eng/00008.html
and they have levied some pretty hefty fines to date for non-compliance

Sorengluff

Level 1
Reaction score
You can try the GoDaddy/NameJet/Sedo market places for sales.
I don’t see any that jump out at me but probably because they are not the areas I tend to focus on.
That is not to say they don’t have value.
I don’t know how strong the Crypto market still is but your Crypto names could have vaue if you find someone active in that field.
Ask yourself who you thought they might be geared toward when you bought them and decide if you want to attempt to direct sell but remember that Canada has some fairly stiff penalties for unsolicited (spam) email laws in place
https://www.fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/eng/00008.html
and they have levied some pretty hefty fines to date for non-compliance

Hello jaydub, thanks for replying. Yeah, obviously I'm hoping the crypto domains have some value and I definitely have no intention of spamming anyone, not my style. All of my domains are registered through GoDaddy, so I think I will list them there. Also, still figuring out the auction vs buy/counter for selling. Leaning towards auctions because I there there is bigger upside for any potential winners.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me chime in on the auction vs. buy/make offer. Auctions are great for buyers.. Not so much for sellers.. You limit the eyeballs to the people that see it in auction.. You limit the buyers to the people that are there for the auction end.. And no end users ever frequent auctions.

Sorengluff

Level 1
Reaction score
Let me chime in on the auction vs. buy/make offer. Auctions are great for buyers.. Not so much for sellers.. You limit the eyeballs to the people that see it in auction.. You limit the buyers to the people that are there for the auction end.. And no end users ever frequent auctions.

Holy crap, that makes a lot of sense. I think the biggest fear for any new seller is selling their domain for $120, then watching it be flipped for high$xxx or even $xxxx soon after. Sounds like slow and steady wins the race, I 'll let the market determine the value. I'll focus on making strong sales copy and getting eyeballs on any that have potential. Thanks for the advice Castion :)

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few years back auctions were good for liquidity but back then the investor crowd was bigger and the seller to seller prices higher. Since; a drop of in parking revenue has made auctions much less profitable. Even if you target the reseller segment. That is why when you see auction events today (namescon, sedo great domains etc.) all the great names have end user reserves. Thus they become little more than a showcase of what is for sale. Very few sales actually go through.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t suggesting you were a spammer:) just be cautious with outbound marketing of your domains as it can sometimes construed as spam

Sorengluff

Level 1
Reaction score
Wasn’t suggesting you were a spammer:) just be cautious with outbound marketing of your domains as it can sometimes construed as spam

I know, and I do appreciate the heads up regarding things like that. I see the potential in domains and I am happy to learn as much as I can from people willing to share their knowledge with me.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom