Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Ownership Transfer Fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I currently own a .com which is registered with Easyspace.

I have found a buyer for this domain and have discovered that the ownership transfer is £20.00.

Is this about the fee that you would expect to pay or is it too high.

If it is too high, is there any companies that you would recommend for future domains.

Many thanks

Mark

Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many registrars hook you in with low registration fees below US$10 and then recoup their revenue with forwarding services, transfer fees blah blah blah. And service, forget it.

eNom doesn't charge one cent for transfer. They have almost everything you need to get your name going, including a parking page you can easily configure.

eNom has a lot of resellers. But I prefer to go direct at $29 bucks a year. Service and email response time has never been an issue with this route.

Technically, no one even comes close. Domain management features is excellent. I used to think eNom was a stupid name and why should I pay $29 for a name when I can get it for $6.99. Well, perhaps now you can see the reason, Marco :eek:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marco {B]Hi all. I currently own a .com which is registered with Easyspace. I have found a buyer for this domain and have discovered that the ownership transfer is £20.00. Is this about the fee that you would expect to pay or is it too high. If it is too high, is there any companies that you would recommend for future domains. Many thanks Mark [/B]

I have been warning about this for ages. 20 Pounds UK must be about $30 US. That sure wipes out the registry savings, plus look at all the hassle involved. :mad:

Yes, it's true, places like GoDaddy and EasySpace hook you with low reg fees and then allegedly screw you with high fees for services done free elsewhere.

Tucows Resellers offer online hassle free transfers and other changes withour charge. :)

Last edited:

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
blows the technical doors off of enom. Opensrs offers EVERYTHING enom does at only $10 per year as your own certified reseller.

Enom tries to 'autobill' its customers (fraudulent) has its secret ripoff-rate 'clubdrop' with its unpublished rules, and stole ML domains it was supposed to register on behalf of customers. Enom SUX. Period. RacerX highly recommends you upgrade to opensrs and do not patronize enom with its total ripoff $29 fee when you can pay $10 as an opensrs reseller after you have passed their RITE test.

Apply to opensrs, take the RITE test, pass it, and set yourself free of the BS of bush-league registrars. Step out and move up!!

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I can't as it remains unresolved currently.

Marty

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is "ML" anyway and how do you steal domains?

USe Registerfly, a reseller of eNom. $9.99 a year domains and no transfer fees.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use and highly recommend www.dnbuy.com. They are a reseller for Enom and only charge 8.97 per domain and include free URL forwarding and Owner Transfers.

Originally posted by RealNames

Yes, it's true, places like GoDaddy and EasySpace hook you with low reg fees and then allegedly screw you with high fees for services done free elsewhere.

url]http://www.Webfirms.com/[/url]

Actually, Go Daddy does not charge at all, for tran of owner. And the registration is only $8.95.

They are reputible and accredited by ICANN

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cu_buffs Actually, Go Daddy does not charge at all, for tran of owner. And the registration is only $8.95.They are reputible and accredited by ICANN

Are you sure? If so, this is something new.

There have been many complaints here of GoDaddy charging transfer fees of between $10 and $50.

A $49.95 fee we hear they charged a while back, then they reduced it to last we heard $9.95. Perhaps they recently changed it as they were losing business due to it.

OpenSRS does not charge extra fees as many registrars do -

www.3-g.com/domain-registration/reg.htm

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, Go Daddy has finally eliminated their ownership transfer fee as well as all the paperwork hassle as of last Friday (21 June 2002). This makes them the best registrar around, even for resellers! And they have a private label deal that takes another 25 cents off. (Yes, just a quarter.)

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marco
Hi all

I currently own a .com which is registered with Easyspace.

I have found a buyer for this domain and have discovered that the ownership transfer is £20.00.

Is this about the fee that you would expect to pay or is it too high.

If it is too high, is there any companies that you would recommend for future domains.

Are you absolutely sure that there is a £20 transfer out fee for .com domains registered with Easyspace? I know that they apparently charge for .uk but when I transfered a .info that I registered with them, to OpenSRS, I wasn't charged a thing.

I had to fax them my details to get the auth code but once I'd got the code, I had no problems.

Check the T&Cs on Easyspace to see what you agreed too.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion - transfer the domain out of EasySpace to any Good registrar. might cost about $10 but you also get a free year renewal.

Then just give the new ID and password to your buyer

Originally posted by RealNames

Are you sure? If so, this is something new.

There have been many complaints here of GoDaddy charging transfer fees of between $10 and $50.

A $49.95 fee we hear they charged a while back, then they reduced it to last we heard $9.95. Perhaps they recently changed it as they were losing business due to it.

OpenSRS does not charge extra fees as many registrars do -

www.3-g.com/domain-registration/reg.htm

RealNames-
Yes, im sure. This is why i have transferred all of my domains to Go Daddy. I've waited awhile to find a 'good' registrar that is easy to work with. Check it out.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators