• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Oxford .com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainPairs

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2002
Messages
1,370
Reaction score
0
Well actually it's a popular shortform of Oxford

oxfd.com

Oxford is such a major city that I couldn't resist this name. What do you guys think it is worth? The full word "oxford" has just under 7.5 million pages in Google.
 
I can´t see any worth!
I think nobody out of england know this!
 
Well the net and the org have gone, and I don't care if someone in England buys it. :D
 
regg it
and offer it to the owner of the net
Oxford Capital Management Limited
 
Good idea mmm, I thought I might offer it to the local estate agents as well. I wondered what sort of price I should start at - is $250 too high?
 
Thanks for that advice Big Fart. Do you think it is better to email them or to send a typed letter?
 
I would write, if you e-mail it it will probably end up going to the wrong person who will just delete the e-mail.
 
I 've always written emails for that sort of thing due to well, the nature of the business, but you 've got me thinking BIg Fart.

My question is when you type the letter who do you adress it to. To the "whois" domain administrator of the potential buying co? My concern is that sometime postal addresses are incomplete or obsolete. Of course the same can happen with emails but if their site is up their email server should probably be functioning. Do you call of hunt the appropriate snail-mail recipient down?

TIA!
 
That was what I thought, especially as it's a second class stamp only.

btw I notice all the London post codes have gone, I thought I might have found something useful there.
 
Well considering I live in the UK I'm not going to Airmail letters everytime I want to discuss domains.

I always email and it works for me.
 
I live in Oxford Mississippi, so people outside of England will know it :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom