Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Panic in the IDN land!

Status
Not open for further replies.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tomorrow will never come... it's always today

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are we there yet?

Not quite. The op has been on several times since I've posted. Still waiting for the op to follow through and send me their portfolio to purchase. Since he's telling everyone to drop their IDN, I suggest he lead the way and drop his portfolio. Which I'm more than willing to compensate for. So the OP isn't out anything. Be a leader OP. Or are your words meaningless?

Also, we are still waiting for those links where people paid $1000 for an IDN and are now selling them for $50. Oh, and links to all those porfolio sales as well.

Again, to the op. Send me your IDN via pm and the paypal transaction will be smooth and painless.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
simpsons_are-we-there-yet.jpg

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not quite. The op has been on several times since I've posted. Still waiting for the op to follow through and send me their portfolio to purchase. Since he's telling everyone to drop their IDN, I suggest he lead the way and drop his portfolio. Which I'm more than willing to compensate for. So the OP isn't out anything. Be a leader OP. Or are your words meaningless?

Also, we are still waiting for those links where people paid $1000 for an IDN and are now selling them for $50. Oh, and links to all those porfolio sales as well. Again, to the op. Send me your IDN via pm and the paypal transaction will be smooth and painless.

He just likes to get feedback that his investments in IDNs are still worthwhile.
He bashes while he continues to build his IDN portfolio. strange....

Not sure what kind of kick he gets posting up these stories about mass sales, portfolio dumping and cheapie prices for IDNs. And if that is happening... even for IDN drops....those names quickly go to Snapnames auctions and fetch x,xxx and even higher.

In most cases, IDNs are still a long term investment....so if you wanna play plan to hold them for a few years, maybe more.

As idn.idn is rolled out for .com and idn.cctld's they will slowly but surely make their way into mainstream use and IDN investors and developers hope that their values will bring a much better return than other traditional investments. You can see many of the idn sales at idntools.com on their sales charts.

DTalk

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He bashes while he continues to build his IDN portfolio. strange....

Not sure what kind of kick he gets posting up these stories about mass sales, portfolio dumping and cheapie prices for IDNs.

Just a naive tactic to try to scare some IDN players into doubting the value of the names they hold...

...then, hoping to buy them more cheaply.

The old thing of talking down a market - only to buy at a false bottom....Rubbish, really.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just a naive tactic to try to scare some IDN players into doubting the value of the names they hold...

...then, hoping to buy them more cheaply.

The old thing of talking down a market - only to buy at a false bottom....Rubbish, really.

his jedi mind tricks not working on you.....huh?

:)

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He explains: “Only 7% of the Indian population knows English and only 7% uses the Internet.
75% of all statistics are made up on the spot. This is pure unadulterated BS. Where did he get the 'only 7% of the Indian population knows English'? Maybe in his village, guess he needs to get out more, maybe take a trip to Tamil Nadu or Kerala, might alter his perceptions dramatically.

It makes sense for Google to support Indic languages, does not mean Indian IDNs will be worth anything anytime soon.

Yeah, tell that to Rick Schwartz or others that go into domaining 10+ years ago...
The thing is they got ASCII .coms - tough act to beat. With 292 available tlds now, 300 more expected, there is no guarantee anything to register now will even be worth reg fee in one year, let alone 10.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
75% of all statistics are made up on the spot. This is pure unadulterated BS. Where did he get the 'only 7% of the Indian population knows English'? Maybe in his village, guess he needs to get out more, maybe take a trip to Tamil Nadu or Kerala, might alter his perceptions dramatically. It makes sense for Google to support Indic languages, does not mean Indian IDNs will be worth anything anytime soon.

That statistic was a quote from Jagjit Chawla, Google product manager in India.

Mainstream use of Indian IDNs are probably still a good few years off, but to say they are not worth anything is certainly not true.
Very few Indian IDNs come up for sale, good one word .com generics will fetch xxx and top generics x,xxx.
Most super generics (cars, insurance, travel etc) for the most part aren't for sale unless you are ready to spend xx,xxx.
With a population of over a billion people, a good potential market for Hindi idn names in particular.

alex_d

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's time to wake up - smell the coffee - and get rid of all that junk with a NEGATIVE PV.
At $10 a year your idn has a NEGATIVE value of $100, if you decide to keep it for 10 sorry years.

At $10 a year, one of my IDNs earns me about $5 a day. $5 multiplied by 365 days = $1825 !! So over 10 years this will be $18,250 !!

Negative value of $100 ?? I think not !!

And where are those links ?? I'd be very interested in buying up some prime IDNs for just $50 !! So please, post the links or PM me them. ( Either way though I don't think you have any such links to post - as once again - you are talking SH*T !! )

Last edited by a moderator:

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Liar, Liar,
Pants on fire!
None of your idns ever made $5 a day.

Please go wash your mouth with soap

alex_d

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Liar, Liar,
Pants on fire!
None of your idns ever made $5 a day.

Well maybe because none of your IDNs have - doesn't mean that there are not other people who are actually earning with their IDNs.
Maybe all the IDNs you registered and deny owning are complete crap ?

And where are those links for the portfolios of IDNs being dumped ?? I guess the list of links must be so long with so many IDNers dumping their portfolios that you need a little more time to prepare the list of links for us. If this is the case, why didn't you just say so ?

If it smells like it, and looks like it - it probably is !!!!!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
One thing to be understood before investing in IDN is the use of certain words and phrases and whether they're valid in that particular language. I'd never invest in IDN domains in a language I am not familiar with.

Last edited:

alex_d

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So you can find my name and post it here - ( even though you've got it spelt wrong !! )

Why don't you simply crawl back under the rock you came from and carry on masturbating your life away !!

With such great IDNs in your portfolio as Fìx.com, I can see why you would have trouble believing other people are making money with theirs.

And the name is Alex, not Alek - Learn to spell correctly !

Last edited by a moderator:

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So, Smart Alek tells us that he makes $5 with each of his idns daily.

alex_d

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, Smart Alek tells us that he makes $5 with each of his idns daily.

At $10 a year, one of my IDNs earns me about $5 a day. $5 multiplied by 365 days = $1825 !!

If you could read properly, you would see that I stated that "ONE" of IDNs earns about $5 a day. I did NOT say that each of my IDNs earn $5 a day !!!

And to be honest - what is $5 a day ?? There are hundreds of domainers out there that can earn thousands of dollars a day with their domains ( regardless of whether they are IDN, ASCII, .com, .net or .whateveryouwant ) !! What I earn is peanuts compared to others out there in the domain world.

I've never stated that my IDNs are better than all the ASCII domains out there, I've never stated that I earn $5 a day with each of my IDNs, I've never stated I am a domain expert and that everything I say is right and everyone else is wrong. All I've done is point out that while you say IDNs are worthless, and I suggest that they are not ! If you have a problem with that, then, like I've said before, crawl back under your rock and knock one off !

I don't know what your problem is - but obviously, you've been smoking some of that funny stuff again !
Too much of that will make you go blind ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators