Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Personal Name Registrations QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is the legalities regarding someone reg'ing a personal name.. such as for example, if I were to register:

Bob White
or
Sue Fraizier

* NOT talking about famous names .. just common personal
names.

* Is this okay to do? legally?

I have never registered any personal name, except my own:
WandaMay.com/net
msWandaMay.com/net

But.. I am aware of some hot personal / common names which are available & so, is why I am inquiring.

Thankyou

Domain summit 2024

Originally posted by timechange
Common name: JimBob.com
Taken since 1997 :D

well.. JimBob is good

what about JoeBot?

but actually.. there are MANY good ones..

available..

hmmmmmmmm

L

LtlPhysics

Originally posted by WandaMay
What is the legalities regarding someone reg'ing a personal name.. such as for example, if I were to register:

Bob White
or
Sue Fraizier

* NOT talking about famous names .. just common personal
names.

* Is this okay to do? legally? Thankyou

Why, hello msMay. It appears you can register whatever you like as long as it's clean, doesn't stink and no one here has beat you to it.

Personally, I think aliases breed mayhem and encourage junk. Check out the "Other" forum of dvdtalk.com. I haven't visited it in months, it was casual in its infancy but trash has swamped it. Just my humble opinion, I'm LtlPhysics there too.

Granted there are far more people interested in dvd players/av equipment than there are name traders, but I have already seen "f*ck" here so the writing is on the wall. Shades of AN. Ack!

Originally posted by timechange
Common name: JimBob.com
Taken since 1997 :D

dang it.. i'll spit it out.. one day

i meant JOEBOB

how bout... ummm

MrFrankSmith.com ??

is that available??

Originally posted by LtlPhysics

Why, hello msMay. It appears you can register whatever you like as long as it's clean, doesn't stink and no one here has beat you to it.

Personally, I think aliases breed mayhem and encourage junk. Check out the "Other" forum of dvdtalk.com. I haven't visited it in months, it was casual in its infancy but trash has swamped it. Just my humble opinion, I'm LtlPhysics there too.

Granted there are far more people interested in dvd players/av equipment than there are name traders, but I have already seen "f*ck" here so the writing is on the wall. Shades of AN. Ack!

Well a Texas hello to you as well.. Mr.Lee!

I will go review that 4M
but i know nufin about that industry.. so.. i'de be like
a fish out of Water..
stead of a 'FishCalledWanda'

did you ge the private email? it's the first time i used that feature.. so, wanted to see if you rec'd that... i am assuming it kicks back an email to your personal email??

ThisOleHouse or rather ******** hmmmm
yae.. that's good..
real good.

I belive the language here has been for the majority very mature and not of negative nature... i must have missed the postings you speak of.. but in all sincerity.. in my short time here.. I have found it to be good.. and not any foul language..

it's good that they have 'live' moderators..

makes the plane fly right..
and this way they are in control of landing it... when needed!

be sure to let the DNforum know, that msWandaMay is the one who invited you to join.. i think they give me mints or gum.. or something like that..
i'll share!

L

LtlPhysics

Originally posted by WandaMay

be sure to let the DNforum know, that msWandaMay is the one who invited you to join.. i think they give me mints or gum.. or something like that..
i'll share!

All comm lines are up and running, act on my email, hope it works!

It's the sorry truth, you can blame my presence on WandaM.

Now, regarding the candies to be shared, that sounds a bit... sexy...

Legally its in the "grey" zone. Personal names generally can't be registered as trademarks, though it seem arbitrators and courts and sometimes are will to view them was unregistered trademarks particularly when the complainant is famous, though seems ordinary individuals are bring cases now also.

You'd want to read the more recent UDRP decisions on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators