Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed PetDinners and more

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please, what do you think of:

netsettlers.com
netecat.com (gimmick: net-e-cat = netiquette; something for catfood shops? ;-)
petdinner.com (appraised $10.000 in march 2000)
petdinners.com (appraised $10.000 in march 2000)
netstrings.com (appraised $5,000 in march 2000)

Domain summit 2024

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
I think petdinners.com is your best domain. Pet food site? :D

simone

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NetSettlers.com is very good. Would make an excellent name for a hosting/domain services company. Try to get at least $2k.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
MC, he was giving his real appraisal, what do you think he was doing? It's useful to get different appraisal views from different people..

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Dan, be reasonable here.
You know as well as I do, that this domain is not worth $2k.

And such various opinions that span from one extreme to the next is not helping anyone.
It's time we give real estimates. If we don't, we are doing the person asking for an appraisal an injustice.

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
netsettlers.com - Maybe $15-$25.

netecat.com - Not much.

petdinners.com
petdinner.com - $40-$75 for both in a package deal.

netstrings.com - $5-$15

Good Luck,
Chris

Are those appraisals you paid a professional appraiser to conduct? just checking... Did they send you the official certificate & all the 'make ya feel good' things? :)
i hope you did not pay for those appraisals... I did way back 3 yrs ago.. on a few.. then no more.. they were not realistic, and it didn't help me sell any of those appraised names... and the 'feel good' went away REAL FAST.. you'll see!

Now PetDinner.com & PetDinners.com are my picks.. here's why:

* odd, NOT BORING, easy recall... intriging enough to arouse curiousity in any means of advertising... it is a name that 'moves' people..
NOW.. i didn't say it MOVED them in a POSITIVE nature. (i have a few of those names too)...
but rather that it MOVED people... and that's the kind of 'emotional impact' your wanting... moved people will will visit the site. no doubt.

* If a made up phrase is not a natural type into a search box.. then the NAME.. needs to have such creativity, that it will drive in traffic with it's 'cleverness & sass' & should have easy recall.. no misspell.. that's what The CatDinner PKG does!

I have no clue on content type for this name...

** You could have gotten 100 FREE appraisals a DAY at AfterNic... and you would have 'really felt good'...

with $250,000 EASY MONEY..
(not from me though) appraisals.

but.. Anic is gone... fired all their appraisers...

GoodLuck!! :)

petdinners.com sounds ok, but worth a low amount, let me know when you put up a site and I'll order some dog chow. :)

btw paid appraisals are the biggest lie in the world, for entertainment purposes only.

M

MattyP

btw paid appraisals are the biggest lie in the world, for entertainment purposes only. [/B][/QUOTE]

But I have often wondered if buyers expect a $20,000 appraisal certificate to accompany a name they want to pay $20 for.

Originally posted by MattyP

But I have often wondered if buyers expect a $20,000 appraisal certificate to accompany a name they want to pay $20 for. [/B]

I'm not sure buyers would ever really ask for this kind of thing, maybe the people who sell names regularly can give an opinion on that?

I would even suggest that many of the people who do paid appraisals know very little about pricing a name anyway.

Really these types of services are more for entertainment value in my opinion, though great domains apparently give out free t-shirts with each appraisal lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators