Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

**Peter Schiff: The Economic Genius and Psychic"

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Schiff is one of the smart Austrian economists :)

HarveyJ

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bet you'd listened to him now...

I find it hilarious that people were calling the guy a pessimist when he was actually pointing out major major flaws in the economy. It's like people not abandoning the Titanic because everything must have been alright if the band was still playing.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Be sure to get his newsletter.

He and Nouriel Roubini are people that have there Eye on the Real Game.

Didn't watch this video, but I think Schiff's prediction 5k /oz. for gold in the next 5 years may not be to far off the mark. His pick for gold over the last 8 has been pretty much on the mark.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He published book titled…
” Crash Proof: How to Profit From the Coming Economic Collapse”
in early 2007. Within that book, he predicted Real Estate market
collapse and talked about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac accurately.

I wrote about him back in January on my blog.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad congress has their own financial advisors and world market guru's at the Fed. I wouldn't listen to Schiff either, he's just been right about almost everything.

The US as a super power is a thing of the past. Just like Britan was in the 1800's, so the US will go into a slow decline after holding the crown in the 1900's.

Next up: China and surrounding Asian countries! You know, the ones that actually save, and lend us all this bailout bling!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like Peter - very smart guy - his appearance with Jon was fun to watch.

As an economists, I have been following the expontential rise in greed for decades, which lead to a foreseeable collapse of basic fundamentals to sustainability, and have regged domains years upon years ago about the current crisis (and now reaping the rewards of such speculation).

Up or down, markets will have opportunity for those who have clarity of thought to realizing reality - just seems like some people (by far the minority) are not so fooled by the 'tv economy' (that is, the BS people watch on TV/Web to have blind faith in believing, as followers, they will be rewarded by listening to someone else confuse them). In reality, these 'sheeple' are the ones being fleeced by the greedy elite whom run Media outlets.

Kramer who? MSNBC what?

Markets run on emotion and followers moreso than rationalization, therefore with a steady rise in greedy people leading the greed movement (a prolonged Bull Market of Greed if you will) through-out the American Financial System, and other Global Financial 'Institutions' - it was easy to see where things were going.

Greed Breeds Mean Deeds. Mean Deeds Destroy Society - et Voila - it's just that simply.

*Of note, there also seems to be a direct correlation in the massive theft of money from around the World to the demographic bubble of 'baby boomers' trying to retire - but I'll save that for a discussion for another time. (Interesting thou how those same people are now stealing from their children's futures to pay for their self-centered greed today.)

Oh, and PS: There is no such thing as a 'free market' nor more than a 'free lunch', so people might as well jump off that train once and for all and start 'free thinking' for themselves.

Best of Luck & Success in All Your Endeavours! Carpe Peaciem!

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems clear to me that we are headed towards hyper inflation

The helicopter is going to wait until the iceberg is right upon us

If Summers replaces Bernanke, then its posible we won't

But Summers is a mean guy, and he will let us all eat cake for all he cares

Death my fire... or by ice ?

Robert Frost [SIZE=-1](1874–1963).[/SIZE] Miscellaneous Poems to 1920. [SIZE=-1]1920.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]2. Fire and Ice[/SIZE] (From Harper’s Magazine, December 1920.)

S[SIZE=-1]OME[/SIZE] say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Last edited:

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Peter Schiff made an appearance on John Stewart's "The Daily Show" this week...

here is the video --

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=230058&title=peter-schiff

Thanks for that.

Schiff is the best. His company Euro Pacific is excellent. I've made quite a bit of money in the markets via Schiff.. Did especially well with short selling stocks, he's just great at that.

ps- Some people don't know this, but Schiff was on Ron Paul's team.. Now that is a duo that would have been great for the US.

patroiz

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I remember watching a interview with him in a talkshow on Fox or CNN back in 2006, he was predicting that the real estate prices were about to crash and take the economy down. The people on the show were actually laughing at him, but I was shocked that Peter stayed incredibly calm through the interview even though everybody was laughing at him and mocking his predictions.

Even though people were laughing and mocking his predictions of the economy, Peter knew he was right and decided to stick to it no matter what other people said about him. Not many people are willing to do that.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, Schiff --

We're On A Collision Course For Disaster

The Depression in the wake of the financial crisis was temporarily interrupted by a bunch of stimulus which ultimately weakened the economy further.

We're on a collision course for disaster. All we can do, all your viewers can do is brace for impact...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom