Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Brandable.uk

closed Pilsner.ca

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Good Folks.

I had Pilsner.ca in with HockeyForum.ca but it seemed to be overlooked due to the other.

I'd like some feedback good or bad for this domain.

Pilsner
1: A light, golden lager having a strong flavor of hops.
2: A tall, thin, footed beer glass.

2,560,000 google

I didnt check a TM but don't think it would affect the domain considering its an item and not a brand.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin.

Domain Summit 2024

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks.. I still like the name, makes me thirsty :)
I think everyones first name is TM'd as well. At least every one I've checked is. Mostly game companys like Hasbro, Mattel and the like. I'm certain Walt Disney has several TM's for given names as well.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namescanada said:
Hi Kevin. This link should show you that "Pilsner" is trademarked in Canada. I am certain it is trademarked in the US. Sorry buddy. One of those situations where a common phrase is TMed.
http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/cipo/trad...essionid=0000Z8wCE_fTWstYDZsGe62O9RT:vjite1ad

Just because a word is TM doesn't mean exclusive rights over that word, unless it is done in all categories.

If it has been done for a beer product, then the Trademark Registrations authority is well out of order. This word comes from Czech Republic and means Beer. Abuses of this sort are not at all uncommon, however, as in the case where Budweiser tried to prevent the original Czech Brewery using its own name!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice input Dave.

I like these facts.. Probably as much as I like history.

I strongly beleive that using a TM is fine when its a common place word from the dictionary or everyday use.. of course google and yahoo excluded.

So long as your not taking advantage of their marketing per se. In which case that can be considered theft.

Sticky subject, but if your intentions are honest. your probably safe.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like Pilsner is so popular in Canada and .com version is also owned by canadian :)

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Plzeň, Czech Republic. I have been to the "pilsner urquell" factory. great town.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
Plzeň, Czech Republic. I have been to the "pilsner urquell" factory. great town.

Yes, but can you remember anything from the visit. I sure I wouldn't, but then Lenka my girlfriend wouldn't let me loose in a Czech Brewery!

Nice beer, but the Czechs have plenty more where that came from, but Lenka another of their exports is definitely a "one off".

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice generic term. all trademarks are "xxxxx pilsner". Min XXXXX when the brewer comes knocking. Picked up pilsener.ca today myself after seeing the Lakeport commericial this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom