• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale PlayBoy.biz expiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Bending
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
1,737
Reaction score
0
It seems that PlayBoy.biz is expiring today! :wink:
Strange, because the owner is:
Registrant Organization Playboy Inc.
Registrant Address1 680 N. Lake Shore Drive,
Registrant Address2 Chicago, IL 60611, US
I don't believe they didn't have $5 to pay the renewal fee;)
 
New Owner:
Registrant Name Trustee Domain
Registrant Organization domaincatcher.de
Registrant Address1 Neustiftgasse 2
Registrant City Baden
Registrant Postal Code 2500
Registrant Country Austria
 
I had the godaddy on it....DC got it though.
Godaddy got NEWS.BIZ & GOLF.BIZ both of which had $3K+ pre-bids on it at Gal
 
This guy can expect to get a nice call from Playboy soon, they don't mess around.
 
I dont see a problem..Playboy had it..and let it drop..they obviosely no longer had a interest in it..To try and file a UDRP would demonstrate bad faith ;)
As long as the buyer dosent infring on Playboys mark..there is nothing wrong with the registration IMO
 
He bought himself trouble. Playboy will go after him for sure..
 
I will be extremely surprised if Playboy lawyers don't contact him.
 
I agree with bidawinner on this one. Playboy relinquished their right to the name and obviously weren't making any use of the name so to try and take it back would be "bad faith". I really don't think they will know or bother with it.
 
They most likely forgot.

When you have 100s of employees (or thousands) and are hiring new workers and letting others go from time to time, it is no doubt companies forget to renew their domains.

So my advice, head over to www.NSI.com and register your domain for 100 years! :-D
 
I think the new owner should say that he wants to return the domain to the company, but would like a 'returners' gift of a free subscription to the mag.
 
Playboy is a generic word, and as such the buyer should be okay. Better not use it to sell subscriptions to the Playboy magazine, but if for example you make it a site on fast cars then you shouldn't expect any trouble.
 
hmm, some people never learn. I'm sure there are better ways when speculating to avoid trouble. I suspect it is more an ego trip to get that name drop than profit motives.
 
I don`t know why people are afraid off TM-s.
The worst thing that could happen, they simply take the domain away from You. I have had two CD letters. And if You have the domain already parked in PPC for some weeks, months, years, You problably made some nice cash already, maybe even defend yourself.
And here playboy let it drop, so they don`t want it anymore, I don`t see any trouble here.
 
stuff said:
I don`t know why people are afraid off TM-s.

It's not a question of being afraid of TM bs, but that by registering names with the motive (whether it is admitted or not) to profit from other people's work, the whole domainer industry is unfairly brought into disrepute for being leeches and cyberpirates.

The "see, I told you so" perspective on why people who own multiple domains in the hundreds and thousands and will never in their lifetime be able to develop all sans a PPC jungle because they are parasites of the Internet system, will ring like a chorus of angels.
 
mole said:
It's not a question of being afraid of TM bs, but that by registering names with the motive (whether it is admitted or not) to profit from other people's work, the whole domainer industry is unfairly brought into disrepute for being leeches and cyberpirates.

The "see, I told you so" perspective on why people who own multiple domains in the hundreds and thousands and will never in their lifetime be able to develop all sans a PPC jungle because they are parasites of the Internet system, will ring like a chorus of angels.


Yes but everything is about making money, thats the system.
And if the Tm holder is so stupid and dosen`t use his right to reg. the domain, then why shouldn`t I make some money with it?
 
stuff said:
Yes but everything is about making money, thats the system.
And if the Tm holder is so stupid and dosen`t use his right to reg. the domain, then why shouldn`t I make some money with it?

I agree that money is the root of all evil :evil:
 
Strange enough, other 3 TM names are dropping :
Opel.biz
Mazda.biz
Aiwa.biz
hmmmm....
 
macromedia.us is available
I dare somone to register it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom