Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Please read > Put Actual Domain (unicode) in Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IDN Domains for Sale - This forum is for the sale of IDN domain names with or without a fixed price. One thread per 24 hours is permitted.

Thanks

Domain summit 2024

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you mean (unicode) as punycode tells us nothing.

派對.com (unicode)
xn--wetx31b.com (punycode)

Asking for punycode would be the same as asking for a websites ip address.

DNnic

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I feel exactly the same as Sarcle ~

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, post edited.

Thanks guys.

-=DCG-

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
ok, post edited.

Thanks guys.

-=DCG-

Thanks for the clarification DCG.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please be advised to see the Local Language or Unicode Characters you will need to install the appropriate fonts in your Operating System. Far East and Right to Left Fonts are normally included on your OS Installation Disk and can be installed though the control panel. These are not a default installation. Other Fonts can be installed or even just pasted into the Fonts Folder in Windows System.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
I think you mean (unicode) as punycode tells us nothing.

派對.com (unicode)
xn--wetx31b.com (punycode)

Asking for punycode would be the same as asking for a websites ip address.

at this point for me, all i can interpret is the punycode.
the oriental marks/letters or symbols tells me nothing.

so for those who are just exploring "idn's",then perhaps at least 1 should be listed in the title "unicode", and include the "puny code" as well in the thread content.

thanks for your illustration!

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
at this point for me, all i can interpret is the punycode.
the oriental marks/letters or symbols tells me nothing.

so for those who are just exploring "idn's",then perhaps at least 1 should be listed in the title "unicode", and include the "puny code" as well in the thread content.

thanks for your illustration!

Yes, you are very right. Sometimes I forget not everyone has been following idn as closely as our tight-knit group. Punycode in thread descriptions is a very reasonable request. I would believe this would be acceptable for beginners and vetrans alike.

Title: (Unicode) Language Translation
Message: Punycode and description. asking price/offers. ect.

I'm sure as time goes on there will be less confusion and therefore less need for such precautions. Please keep in mind I'm only throwing out suggestions to help I am in no way trying to decide what's best for the forum.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
Yes, you are very right. Sometimes I forget not everyone has been following idn as closely as our tight-knit group. Punycode in thread descriptions is a very reasonable request. I would believe this would be acceptable for beginners and vetrans alike.

Title: (Unicode) Language Translation
Message: Punycode and description. asking price/offers. ect.

I'm sure as time goes on there will be less confusion and therefore less need for such precautions. Please keep in mind I'm only throwing out suggestions to help I am in no way trying to decide what's best for the forum.

Thanks for your imput!

We appreciate it :)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dwrixon said:
Please be advised to see the Local Language or Unicode Characters you will need to install the appropriate fonts in your Operating System. Far East and Right to Left Fonts are normally included on your OS Installation Disk and can be installed though the control panel. These are not a default installation. Other Fonts can be installed or even just pasted into the Fonts Folder in Windows System.

OK, but how does someone in Thailand (or other nations) typein the name using their Thai language? Do they have a custom made Thai keyboard?

Also, why can I see these charcaters on my PC when I never installed any support for them?

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
OK, but how does someone in Thailand (or other nations) typein the name using their Thai language? Do they have a custom made Thai keyboard?

Also, why can I see these charcaters on my PC when I never installed any support for them?

Seriously guy, you have asked the question 10 times and received the answer. Yes they have these characters on their keyboard.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
Seriously guy, you have asked the question 10 times and received the answer. Yes they have these characters on their keyboard.

Perhaps if you would explain it in a clearer way instead of all this stuff about 'copy/paste' and 'little charcaters' it would be easier to understand.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes they have these characters on their keyboard.

In CHina there is no Chinese chars on keyboard, there exists programs which allows to type in CHinese...i.e. you write "pkng" and it means one character, also exists another input methods...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
In CHina there is no Chinese chars on keyboard ...
FYI: There ARE keyboads with Chinese "sides" (parts of characters) on them.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know there exists, I saw it in Hongkong maybe 10 years ago, did not see such keyboard in China. Maybe such keyboards are used for traditional Chinese (Hongkong, Taiwan) but never saw it in CHina. They can type pretty quickly with the software...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
Yes they have these characters on their keyboard. Sarcie

In China there is no Chinese chars on keyboard, there exists programs which allows to type in CHinese...i.e. you write "pkng" and it means one character, also exists another input methods...

I was offline until now and actually composed this post even before you said that as knew Sarcie was incorrect in saying that. Why? because many languages have hundreds or thousands of characters and obviously a keybard would need to be gigantic.

For example, I found this on the web: "...Great Dictionary of the Chinese Language), edited by Zhang Qiyun, had a vocabulary of 49,888 characters. With the passage of time, dictionaries with more and more characters came into being. However, knowledge of about 4,000 characters is necessary for reading a newspaper and for most other common purposes."

Can you imagine keyboards that large. LOL. Plus who would make these keyboards? Do you really thing Dell is going to manufacture a 5 feet square or bigger pc keyboard for China and very small production run Thai or Saudi or Pakistan or whatever nation keyboards?

Can you imagine their high cost, likely more than the computer itself? I think this is but one more big fly in the ointment of IDN. This is also the reason it has been so tough to get replies that several have asked on how people in these nations type foreign characters into an English based keyboard. Is it any wonder so many around the world understand English?

What with all the negatives and issues I do not plan on reg'ing any IDN's but out of curiosity who does reg them? I have looked at several major registrars and they do not do them.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey trader, how about we have these discussions in a more appropriate area. This is a FOR SALE forum.
Your obviously not getting anything. this is all a besides the point. They already get traffic! Move to a more appropriate forum.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
...Your obviously not getting anything...

Some sales thread this is. It appears to be a discussion thread. I see no names for sale here? IMO with so many of us totally confused on IDN discussions within an IDN sales thread should be permitted, at least for a while. BTW, YOU started the discussion in Post 2. not me. Go ahead and complain to DCG about me.

Anyway, Sarcie you are the one 'not getting it' not me. They obviously do not make keyboards as big as a small car in these foreign languages:rolleyes:

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
I know there exists, I saw it in Hongkong maybe 10 years ago, did not see such keyboard in China. Maybe such keyboards are used for traditional Chinese (Hongkong, Taiwan) but never saw it in CHina. They can type pretty quickly with the software...

With a Wubi keyboard speeds of 160 words a minute have been achieved. If you paying about 30 cents an hour that is pretty acceptable.

trader said:
I was offline until now and actually composed this post even before you said that as knew Sarcie was incorrect in saying that. Why? because many languages have hundreds or thousands of characters and obviously a keybard would need to be gigantic.

For example, I found this on the web: "...Great Dictionary of the Chinese Language), edited by Zhang Qiyun, had a vocabulary of 49,888 characters. With the passage of time, dictionaries with more and more characters came into being. However, knowledge of about 4,000 characters is necessary for reading a newspaper and for most other common purposes."

Can you imagine keyboards that large. LOL. Plus who would make these keyboards? Do you really thing Dell is going to manufacture a 5 feet square or bigger pc keyboard for China and very small production run Thai or Saudi or Pakistan or whatever nation keyboards?

Can you imagine their high cost, likely more than the computer itself? I think this is but one more big fly in the ointment of IDN. This is also the reason it has been so tough to get replies that several have asked on how people in these nations type foreign characters into an English based keyboard. Is it any wonder so many around the world understand English?

What with all the negatives and issues I do not plan on reg'ing any IDN's but out of curiosity who does reg them? I have looked at several major registrars and they do not do them.

You should go for a career in talking bollocks!

A Wubi keyboard looks very much like a Qwerty Keyboard.

In India they are going for a 12 script keyboard with LCDs on the keys to show which language you are in.

Cost is not an issue. The Chinese and Indian markets for keyboards will dwarf that of the United States. There really isn't that much development or additional cost in producing these keyboards. You could do it yourself with some downloadable software and a packet of stickers to go on the keys.

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a small question to "trader", how do think they type reports, emails, forum posts ? They copy-paste every single character from unicode tables or maybe they think it on the screen ?!

The fly is not in the oinment, it's stuck in your eye and it's now trying to lodge into your brain....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators