Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Please read > Put Actual Domain (unicode) in Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bramiozo said:
Just a small question to "trader", how do think they type reports, emails, forum posts ? They copy-paste every single character from unicode tables or maybe they think it on the screen ?!

The fly is not in the oinment, it's stuck in your eye and it's now trying to lodge into your brain....

I think you are making quite an assumption there!

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With a Wubi keyboard speeds of 160 words a minute have been achieved.

I do not care, frankly. I just live in China and everyone everywhere is using keyboards with normal letters. Next time I will not write on boards, because of people like you, always opposing BS...

BTW it is probably not "160 words" but characters and with software a good secretary can type 200 characters...

If you paying about 30 cents an hour that is pretty acceptable.

Such salaries are no more even in the countryside "garage" factories, where are people getting those informations ? Most of my office employees has at least $3.5/hour + insurance FYI...

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
With a Wubi keyboard speeds of 160 words a minute have been achieved.

I do not care, frankly. I just live in China and everyone everywhere is using keyboards with normal letters. Next time I will not write on boards, because of people like you, always opposing BS...

BTW it is probably not "160 words" but characters and with software a good secretary can type 200 characters...

If you paying about 30 cents an hour that is pretty acceptable.

Such salaries are no more even in the countryside "garage" factories, where are people getting those informations ? Most of my office employees has at least $3.5/hour + insurance FYI...

Thanks for the info. I was just trying to counteract the view that you need a keyboard the size of Walmart to input Chinese. I know that Pinyin is still widely if not predominantly used for input Chinese.

The information on levels of pay is interesting and is very helpful in dispelling the myth that most Chinese spend their days in a rice fields ankle deep in water.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hey obviously do not make keyboards as big as a small car in these foreign languages

No, because you can draw any Chinese characters with only 8 basic strokes:
http://www.blss.portsmouth.sch.uk/hsc/strokeanim.shtml

I know that Pinyin is still widely if not predominantly used for input Chinese.

It is one of the methods of writing, but it is not the quickiest. There exists I think 5 methods how to write with the software. There also exists the keyboard with combination of those strokes, just no-one uses it (at least here in China).

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader perhaps just needs a quick catchup class in Chinese; but then to be fair, he is neither of Chinese descent nor (been) living in China.

By the way, the concept of a "word" is different between the Chinese and English languages. And it's weird that everybody now seems to a China expert here. LOL!

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even though it "seems" sudden with the interest of Chinese IDN Domains the people posting are nearing 4 to 6 months of looking for IDNs everyday & sharing techniques, & critiquing registrations...
So realisticly yeah some of the IDNers are becoming experts in Chinese registrations because we've had a free-for-all in getting all the IDN domains we wanted because people just can't accept that for all the major companies in Asia gearing up to accept & already has accepted the use of IDNs, they think that they have no value.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Olney said:
Even though it "seems" sudden with the interest of Chinese IDN Domains the people posting are nearing 4 to 6 months of looking for IDNs everyday & sharing techniques, & critiquing registrations...
So realisticly yeah some of the IDNers are becoming experts in Chinese registrations because we've had a free-for-all in getting all the IDN domains we wanted because people just can't accept that for all the major companies in Asia gearing up to accept & already has accepted the use of IDNs, they think that they have no value.

It will only be a couple of months before the key players in the SEO game wake up to the fact that they are going to be completely screwed, without a good IDN URL to work with.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rubber Duck said:
It will only be a couple of months before the key players in the SEO game wake up to the fact that they are going to be completely screwed, without a good IDN URL to work with.

Yes, not to worry. It's going to get pretty desperate in here when the "players" wake up from their dream that their $10,000+ investments of "english.cn" aren't worth a plug nickel. And that the Chinese actually type in Chinese.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
Yes, not to worry. It's going to get pretty desperate in here when the "players" wake up from their dream that their $10,000+ investments of "english.cn" aren't worth a plug nickel. And that the Chinese actually type in Chinese.

Yes, I know what you mean. I got 99 cents for a good 3 letter Acroynm on Ebay the other day. The basic fact is you are struggling to give them away!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
when the "players" wake up from their dream that their $10,000+ investments of "english.cn" aren't worth a plug nickel. And that the Chinese actually type in Chinese.
Yes, people now know that (hard lesson learned): those so-called generic English .cn are not really that generic in China. I was amazed why so many were drawn to the 2LD .cn landrush, not knowing *anything* about China. And now, with the IDN, history is repeating itself ...

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
Yes, people now know that (hard lesson learned): those so-called generic English .cn are not really that generic in China. I was amazed why so many were drawn to the 2LD .cn landrush, not knowing *anything* about China. And now, with the IDN, history is repeating itself ...

Actually if you have visited IDNF you would realise that a lot of the top speculators are actually Chinese, but we have a very helpful community and generally they keep us on the straight and narrow.

I would guess that my China Portfolia alone is worth $10M, so my profound lack of knowledge of Chinese appears to have been only a limited handicap.

JColson

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:approve:
Rubber Duck said:
Actually if you have visited IDNF you would realise that a lot of the top speculators are actually Chinese, but we have a very helpful community and generally they keep us on the straight and narrow.

I would guess that my China Portfolia alone is worth $10M, so my profound lack of knowledge of Chinese appears to have been only a limited handicap.
I suspect that keeping an open mind has been a great help too!

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:

I second that it would probably be good for you to know the information we have before you try to make it off as we are a bunch of blind people selling paintings. I personally helped jumpstart this IDN Market based on facts from being in JAPAN & most apply to China.

I'm the head of the new IDN Revolution, I live, & work in Japan. Bilingual in English & Japanese. A little known fact is I'm also a TV celebrity in Japan.

History will repeat itself. Just like in 1996 when domains sold & everyone thought that buying up domains was crazy. IDN Domains will go through the same thing in multiple languages. For the Japan part having a person who is well connected to Tokyo's Media Community to promote these things by developing IDN based high traffic sites will help us in the long run.

Know who the people are before you try to say they don't know what they're talking about. There's more than just DNF out there...

Named

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When unicode came out, there was a lot of talk that "Why would anyone want to name their files in non-ASCII characters?" Apple was the first to do it. Then Windows. Now, millions of people around the world do so every minute now. It is going to be the same with domains. Apple's default browser has supported them for years. Next year, IE will. Nobody is even going to think: Oh! There's an IDN. The fact that non-ASCII domain names are converted to unicode, will be just a technical aside nobody is going to think of at all.

Olney has done a great job making a people aware of IDNs. Some of us have owned IDNs for a few years now, (myself - since day 1) but had gotten discouraged by the lack of browser support. Others are just getting into it. In any case, when you are a step ahead of everybody, it gives you a chance to get a firm hold on the real estate.

PS: Why is there a limitation of 1 thread per 24 hours? The more active the market the better. That's economics.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators