Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Please send pm notification "why" my auction thread was closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Upvote 0
Domain Summit 2024

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i do not see anything wrong in it... not a bump ... if they classify it in that!!
just a soft reminder... i think once just before closing of a thread is good enough.

i think u have been a mod... u must b aware abt the reason well!!

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It looks pretty obvious to me....

You didn't post any new information just purely bumping by saying it ends in a couple of hours.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember all of our threads you used to close for the same unknown reasons

BUMP!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It was obviously closed for bumping. Now, in my opinion, the rule of posting once every 24 hours should apply here and that post of Don's should not be treated as a bump. How else can one bring legitimate attention to a live sale? So it's an over-reaction.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rules are rules! lmfao

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember all of our threads you used to close for the same unknown reasons

BUMP!

still hating, huh?

It was obviously closed for bumping. Now, in my opinion, the rule of posting once every 24 hours should apply here and that post of Don's should not be treated as a bump. How else can one bring legitimate attention to a live sale? So it's an over-reaction.

there are other threads in that section, where the OP of those threads also posted "updates" as to "how much time" was remaining to bid....and their threads were not closed.

mod could have just deleted my update and left the thread open, but i guess i shouldn't expect any professional courtesy here

imo...

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with Acro, there is little faith in a system in which the audience after 24 hrs has to search for your listing since it is bumped down so fast. Youd have to have the hottest name going for $1 to stay at the top. One bump every 24 hrs is reasonable should the auction not last longer than 3 days say. If a straight up sale, 4 days worth of bumps max.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of petty thread closing going on lately. I had one shut recently and I couldn't work out why, despite the fact that the sticky in the forum said that a reason is always posted, which it wasn't. Then I finally figured it - 'exact domain name in title' - but I obscured mine with a few extra characters like a lot of people do, e.g. domain(dot)com or domain~~(.)~~net. Petty and bad-mannered when no reason is given. Bumps every 24 hours are surely okay?

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If those are the rules, maybe it's time to go over them so they're reasonable. There are only 2 posts from biggedon in that thread. The one starting the thread and http://www.dnforum.com/member-biggedon.htmlone a couple of hours before the auction was over, which is reasonable.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rules are here:
http://www.dnforum.com/f556/1-aucti...ast-min-72-hrs-please-read-thread-325885.html

7. Blatant and deliberate attempts to bump your thread to the top of the list with comments like (but not limited to) "bump", "up", "still available", "2 more days to go", etc. will result in the thread either being closed or deleted without notice! You may be warned at first, but repeated offenses may be treated differently.

Bump is not allowed as stated from the rules: no 2 more days to go, a couple of hours to go....
We do give warning for new members.

Thanks,

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, was just repeating myself anyway :)

Last edited:

slimpickins

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sounds fair, given the rule IS stated/clear and, at least most of the time, followed through on....... although in an auction thread, where the thread can/will indeed only go on so long, a last-minute reminder seems fine in comparison to the sometimes overlooked "offer received on xxxxx" bumps etc that do not result in a thread being closed. And what about people that simply avoid "bumping" by (sometimes repeatedly) juggling basically the same list of domains between the "make offer" and "fixed price" forums after a few days of no interest? To me, THAT is even more forum "clutter" than a single, occasionally updated, thread............

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggie,
if u wud have updated something to the domain, like wht happens currently on dnf,
"added domains"
"removed domains"
"Prices slashed"
"time extended".
bla..bla..bla.. then it might have been overlooked...
but such a lively auctin,, and tht too just for reminding users tht few hrs left is just ... a bit over the glsss

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am sure we can all find about 100 threads that big closed due to the same thing he is complaining about here. Unbelievable.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure we can all find about 100 threads that big closed due to the same thing he is complaining about here. Unbelievable.

i sure hope staff doesn't have the same bitterness that you and some others still hold
:rolleyes:

after being moderator here for almost 6 years, most of that time for free, you'd think one might get a little bit of courtesy

but no, others who have contributed less, been banned or those who blatantly break rules consistently, verbally abuse others, often get more respect and consideration

still, questions need to be answered for future circumstances...

if a member makes an offer in a thread, which is subquently closed....is the offer still binding?

does the closing of a thread, render all offers null and void, even though the threads may still be visible by all members?

as for my thread, thru pm's the member who had posted the higest offer prior to the thread being closed has agreed to purchase at that price.

we greatly appreciate "Jaydub" for his professionalism!

Thanks

:)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I too have had threads being closed for the same reason; a change from the old rule of '24 hour bumps'. Once again, the vB hack that doesn't allow one to make posts in sales threads they started, unless 24 hours have passed isn't enabled. That leads mods to taking action and locking threads.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sometimes, technology / compliance policies being too stringent loses the flavor of being here.... i hope they will relook.. every closure should be considered case by case and not just by alerts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom