• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

PM I recieved from a user here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam DickerAdam Dicker is verified member.

Level 12
Domain Broker
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2003
Messages
15,041
Reaction score
1,192
Here's the PM, now I know what I will do, what would you do if you were me and got this from a member here....

------------------------------------------

Hi Adam,

Remember me? I now a .uk registrar and have got over 15,000 prime names now but just wanted to know if you were interested in one particular name I have.

I understand you have a very large base of UK users and you want to expand them, right?

Well I'm selling dnforum.co.uk

Interested?

Message me back and I'll see what I can do for you, there are a few other interested people but seeing as we spoke before and I respect your work, I'd give you a chance to be a part
--------------------------------------------------------
 
i would probably ignore it. not worth the time nor the effort.
 
I don't think I would be interested if I were you. I think I wouldn't even reg it if it were for regfee!

Whoever uses it would probably even generate extra traffic for you!
 
Lowball this one and purchase dnforum.ca :lol: ))))
 
I would trade domainstate.info to get dnforum.co.uk ;)
 
Well, this is'nt the first time this has happened, other have baited you publicly in threads to buy other more "mobile" versions of dnforum/dnf in other extensions and nothing has been done, I think a show of force is in order..to all parties involved in this, before it get's out of hand...
 
If he is a member,ban him and request the name in order for him to get unbanned.
 
I think a ban for trying to sell him a domain is a bit extreme. I'd just ignore it and pretend it was an unsolicited call, ie. ignore it.
 
tell this person to contact john berryhill directly. :)
 
It depends if you really want the domain, If you want it, ask JB to write a letter. If its not worth anything to you, let the dirt bag crawl back under his rock.
 
DCG, may I ask you something? Why do you publish private messages like this one? I think they are called private for reason - maybe sender doesn't want this info to be public, otherwise he would probably post the name for sale on forum. Nothing personal, I'm asking because I had some really bad experinces when other people posted my private messages to public.
 
HMMMM!

There is definitely some interesting replies to this thread. Some kinda nasty,but maybe not as serious.

The offer you received is spam, it was unsolicited. But the sender did mention that he has talked with you before. Perhaps after that conversation he believed that he could contact you again. He did have a name that you might associate with, apparently he is a domainer just trying sell his wares.

The bottom line is that the PM was unsolicited,he should not have contacted you with the offer directly. I believe he could have posted the name on the forum here, where you no doubt would have seen it.

Also I do not believe any punishment is required besides a warning, he may have sent the PM in good faith.

None of us in this forum like to receive unsolicitated PM's, there are rules in place to deter this. I believe your post here will remind the members of this.

And besides all that , this is only my opinion, we all have one :lol:
 
You have two options:
- If you are interested in the name and forward the link to dnforum.com then make him/her an offer.
- If you are not interested then just say thank you.

I don't understand why some people suggest to ban him as I don't think he is doing anything wrong unless you claimed dnforum is TM. He may get the idea from you when you bought dnf.com

Btw, stating his idea from pm is ok but I am not sure about posting the whole content of his pm is appropriate.
 
The whois stinks: :veryangry:
Domain name:
dnforum.co.uk

Registrant:
DN Forum

Trading as:
The UK Domain Name Forum

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrar:
Mr C Holland t/a CHC [Tag = CHC]
URL: http://www.detagged.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 14-Sep-2002
Renewal date: 14-Sep-2008
Last updated: 24-Jun-2007

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
dns1.transnexis.net
dns2.transnexis.net

WHOIS lookup made at 02:14:16 25-Jun-2007
 
You have two options:
- If you are interested in the name and forward the link to dnforum.com then make him/her an offer.
- If you are not interested then just say thank you.

I don't understand why some people suggest to ban him as I don't think he is doing anything wrong unless you claimed dnforum is TM. He may get the idea from you when you bought dnf.com

Btw, stating his idea from pm is ok but I am not sure about posting the whole content of his pm is appropriate.
To clarify, I was being tongue-in-cheek when I suggested banning him, in order for DCG to avoid paying WIPO fees.
 
have him transfer the name to you to avoid a ban
 
Banning him wont solve anything...its unethical and not business.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom