Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Pool Auctions will make the first price-range for .eu, maybe before Sedo, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

trismegisto

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I invite all the guys here to post the final price of POOL auctions for .EU domains.
I start this thing with www.smartphones.eu, at €2250 8+ days left and 18 bids.

Please give your news :clap2:

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How come your end date is different then my names? One of the names I'm looking at ends in 21 days and the other in 28 days? Is this normal for Pool.

TECK

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trismegisto, I went to pool.com and your domain is not listed for sale?
Did a search on their database...
Point the URL, I'm probably missing something?
Thanks.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

The auction can attend only who applied for the name before Apr 7th

I am in just one auction - con.eu, €111, 4 bids, time left 6d 13h

BottomFeeder

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
smartphones.eu is the one I'm in on as well.. didn't think it was that popular of a term just yet. The top bidder "euholdings" seems very serious. Anyway, 2250 euros is well out of my range.

trismegisto

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TECK said:
Did a search on their database...
Point the URL, I'm probably missing something?
Thanks.

That is not my domain, and the sale is a private auction for who backordered the domain. That's why i invited gentlemen here in this forum to share the informations.

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would never pay 2250 euros for smartphones - in Germany and other countries they call them "handys" etc. I think people are getting carried away with this TLD. As I've written elsewhere, it will never have the value of the likes of .com, .us, .fr, .co.uk or .de - and I say that owning a few .eus myself :)

con.eu is a snappy one. I think it would have had value if it was three other characters, but it's a pity it has a very negative connotation - don't think many people would want to call their company con.eu :) But good luck Denny - hope you get it but don't let Pool screw you out of more money that you think you can sell it for :)

I didn't apply for that many domains with Pool because they were asking for a minimum of €60 as opposed to a quarter of that price with many other registrars. The few auctions I'm involved in have not moved thank God and I'm hoping they won't because I wouldn't pay more than €60 for them. I don't want Pool to profit from their 'creativity' in snapping up the domains, but also, until I see some justification for this hype with people making serious money from their .eu domains, I'm not going to waste my money on the TLD - and certainly not on third-tier domains which I think the following are apart from homebuy (and maybe kate?):

wikepedia.eu 60.00 27d remaining

asad.eu 60.00 10d remaining

homebuy.eu 60.00 18d remaining

kate.eu 60.00 26d remaining

dragonballz.eu 60.00 27d remaining

P.S. feedback on their potential value welcome.

trismegisto

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Azam.com said:
I would never pay 2250 euros for smartphones - in Germany and other countries they call them "handys" etc. I think people are getting carried away with this TLD. As I've written elsewhere, it will never have the value of the likes of .com, .us, .fr, .co.uk or .de - and I say that owning a few .eus myself :)

con.eu is a snappy one. I think it would have had value if it was three other characters, but it's a pity it has a very negative connotation - don't think many people would want to call their company con.eu :) But good luck Denny - hope you get it but don't let Pool screw you out of more money that you think you can sell it for :)

I didn't apply for that many domains with Pool because they were asking for a minimum of €60 as opposed to a quarter of that price with many other registrars. The few auctions I'm involved in have not moved thank God and I'm hoping they won't because I wouldn't pay more than €60 for them. I don't want Pool to profit from their 'creativity' in snapping up the domains, but also, until I see some justification for this hype with people making serious money from their .eu domains, I'm not going to waste my money on the TLD - and certainly not on third-tier domains which I think the following are apart from homebuy (and maybe kate?):

wikepedia.eu 60.00 27d remaining

asad.eu 60.00 10d remaining

homebuy.eu 60.00 18d remaining

kate.eu 60.00 26d remaining

dragonballz.eu 60.00 27d remaining

P.S. feedback on their potential value welcome.

Yes, but we got to see also this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9710428065&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

zehrila

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am in auction for only two names wish i could check whole list of domains being auctioned.Any ways Qtv.eu at 88 euro so far and July.eu at 343 euro 15 days left for both of them.
How do you see other bidders in the auction ?

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yaar, you see the other bidders - if they have made a big - by click on the number in the '# of Bids' column :)

re: advertising.eu - that is prime online real estate. 99.9% of the .eus that I and others own aren't and won't have the same value.

Also, maybe the reason advertising.eu has gone into the thousands is because we are in a .eu bubble: the hype has been phenomenal and people who maybe didn't do as well as they liked in landrush are showing irrational behaviour now.

I'd be interested to know what other people think.

kiran

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the seller of advertising.eu is crazy to put it on ebay. He should have developed it into a portal and just sit and wait for a couple of months/years and someone would come along and pay 50k euro for it.

teamwork

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kiran said:
I think the seller of advertising.eu is crazy to put it on ebay. He should have developed it into a portal and just sit and wait for a couple of months/years and someone would come along and pay 50k euro for it.

or since these guys grabbed a lot of good domains, they want to sell one gem to secure all the investment they did in TMs.
All the rest will be profit.

trismegisto

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Azam.com said:
Yaar, you see the other bidders - if they have made a big - by click on the number in the '# of Bids' column :)

re: advertising.eu - that is prime online real estate. 99.9% of the .eus that I and others own aren't and won't have the same value.

Also, maybe the reason advertising.eu has gone into the thousands is because we are in a .eu bubble: the hype has been phenomenal and people who maybe didn't do as well as they liked in landrush are showing irrational behaviour now.

I'd be interested to know what other people think.

Unfortunatly in this moment i have some expenses in domain, home, car etcetera.
I think advertising.eu can be a very good deal for the buyer in a next future.

Brujah

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zehrila said:
I am in auction for only two names wish i could check whole list of domains being auctioned.Any ways Qtv.eu at 88 euro so far and July.eu at 343 euro 15 days left for both of them.
How do you see other bidders in the auction ?

http://www.clickmojo.com/findeu.html

Link on the page for some Pool catches

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brujah said:
http://www.clickmojo.com/findeu.html

Link on the page for some Pool catches

There are 56 .eus on the site out of 2503. Was the list generated by a script to see what proportion Pool managed to grab or did somebody apply for 2503 .eus and got 56 of them?

trismegisto

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Azam.com said:
There are 56 .eus on the site out of 2503. Was the list generated by a script to see what proportion Pool managed to grab or did somebody apply for 2503 .eus and got 56 of them?

I think the second one.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The possible value of con.eu MIGHT be, if people later start mistype massively com.eu instead of just .eu, but now as it is EUR 343 1D 14h remaining I am out, I got another nice .com.eu typos for reg fee @ Eurodns...

Brujah

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Azam.com said:

The 2503 entered was generated by a script. All of them were entered into Pools .EU orders. They were successful with 56 out of the 2503 entered.

kiran

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Appreciation for advertising.eu is starting to pick up... It's over 15K$ now. Maybe not such a bad idea after all.

trismegisto

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kiran said:
Appreciation for advertising.eu is starting to pick up... It's over 15K$ now. Maybe not such a bad idea after all.

$25,1K now. I think if it will close around 50K will be a good start for premiums .EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom