Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale POOL.COM IS NOW OPEN TO PUBLIC !

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree! STAY AWAY from all drop clubs!

Well then how the are we supposed to "try" and compete against buydomains then? Obviously they can have their pick on whatever names they want. They beat both snap and namewinner. As "ineffective" as drop clubs are (i haven't gotten one name yet) it does seem the only other option around....

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a bad option and no one should use them! Just go about hand reging names as that is a far more productive route.
GL

JOhn

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pool.com picked up Seen.com 7 hours ago. The bid is already up to $3882..

:rolleyes:

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pool.com is no drop service in my point of view, at least when it comes to the better names.
Sure, they get you the $60 names if you are the only bidder, but with all other names it's actually they catch the names for themselves - and resell them through an auction system.
Rather a clever reselling model than a real drop service.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pool.com is just the NameWinner model flipped on its head. Instead of deciding how high you want to bid BEFORE the name drops, you get to decide how much to bid AFTER it drops and Pool.com catches it, with the added twist/bonus that you are 100% certain of getting the name if you put in the highest bid.

It's actually IMO a very clever way of maximizing the return for Pool.com while still offering the people who really want a name the chance to get it. After all, if people are willing to bid $10,000 on NW on the off-chance of getting a name, they should be willing to bid $10,000 on Pool.com if Pool.com got the same name, with 100% chance of getting it if they are the highest bidder.

mohno

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The business might work well because of 100% chance for the highest bidder without risk. It looks a private auction in NameWinner in the past. Anyway, it's another interesting model.

By the way, they got a name but I missed the bid closing time. I was fixing my door closer :eek:

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mohno
The business might work well because of 100% chance for the highest bidder without risk. It looks a private auction in NameWinner in the past. Anyway, it's another interesting model.

By the way, they got a name but I missed the bid closing time. I was fixing my door closer :eek:

I have to agree, It might work! But again, I don`t like this kind auction based club drops.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by xenon
www.seen.com has been caught by pool.com if some of you didnt know :)
There's a funny echo in here.. unny echo in here.. unny echo in here.. unny echo in here..

Originally posted by actnow
How many people do think might be part of the auction of Seen.com at Pool?
There seems to be about 8 people bidding, although it's stalled at $3882, while everyone codes their sniping scripts :D

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the high bid at NW for Seen.com was $ 10,500. I wonder if the price will go higher than NW price?

Considering that when you bid at NW, you don't know if you will end up with the name. Whereas, at Pool.com if you are the high bidder you know you will end up with the name.

Just for the record, I am one of those lucky holders of the option to bid. But, don't worry. I am not going to "raise my paddle".

It is not the type of name I would want to tie up my capital. Now, if it was Glue.com, Glassware.com, Retail.com Or something that is appliable to my industry. Then, I would be in the running.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by byalik
that means every name will be on auction

In that case I better spend $69 at snapnames and be sure no one else will outbid me there.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by URLtrader

In that case I better spend $69 at snapnames and be sure no one else will outbid me there.

I have to agree.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the smartest business model of the three. Pool has basically put themselves into a position to get $60 a pop, just as SN does (so any name that is snapworthy will, or should be backordered at pool) They have melded the NW auction into the system, and done away with the loved, but not very smart on SN's part, single user backorder. Pool will definitely be a success as long as things stay the way they are. I have been saying for months that SN was crazy for allowing only one person to backorder each name. And i think that by pool only allowing people that have the names backordered ahead of time bid on the catches, they increase the backorders in total, to make up for the loss that they have if they were to actually open the bidding to everyone.

Just my two cents ;)

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the smartest business model of the three.

I'd have to agree it's a very interesting and almost seemingly perfect model.
I just hope I'm not locked into a bidding war with buydomains and others.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What makes sense for the business always costs the customer more :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom