• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Pool Problem yesterday???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
1,449
Reaction score
0
Pool grabbed 4 of the names on my list the day before yesterday. There were bids in the hundreds on 3 of the names and then they disappeared.
Now I thought I was maybe mistaken on the actual drop date and maybe the auctions ended but they do not show up on my "Auctions I didn't win" list.

Here are the names I can remember off the top of my head. Maybe someone can help:

IncredibleVideos.com
WhitePine.com
TheRepublican.com
woodpreservative.com (or something close to this)

Anyone else bid on these names in auction? If so let me know when it ended so I know I am not losing my mind.

Thanks

John
 
White Pine was won for $ 2,150.

Bidding History for whitepine.com

Bidder Max Bid Bid Date
181070 $8,000.00 2004-04-21 16:47:41
181085 $2,100.00 2004-04-21 16:51:49
181085 $1,800.00 2004-04-21 16:51:46
181085 $1,700.00 2004-04-21 16:51:42
181090 $1,500.00 2004-04-21 16:47:11
181083 $1,500.00 2004-04-21 16:30:55
181090 $1,320.00 2004-04-21 16:43:13
181081 $1,220.00 2004-04-21 16:36:25
181081 $999.00 2004-04-21 16:26:58
181083 $950.00 2004-04-21 16:28:42
181083 $850.00 2004-04-21 16:28:00
181083 $750.00 2004-04-21 16:26:44
181066 $750.00 2004-04-21 16:24:34
181066 $650.00 2004-04-21 16:24:25
181083 $650.00 2004-04-21 16:17:37
181083 $550.00 2004-04-21 16:16:01
181062 $543.00 2004-04-21 13:34:19
181083 $400.00 2004-04-21 16:15:15
181083 $350.00 2004-04-21 16:13:27
181039 $260.00 2004-04-20 20:27:25
181070 $250.00 2004-04-19 21:21:31
181049 $150.00 2004-04-19 12:03:06
181086 $140.00 2004-04-19 21:18:12
181083 $120.00 2004-04-19 10:29:36
ME...... $120.00 2004-04-18 23:43:03
181075 $100.00 2004-04-18 21:13:41
181078 $91.00 2004-04-18 19:07:38
181047 $80.00 2004-04-18 18:50:43
181060 $70.00 2004-04-18 18:47:34
181039 $60.00 2004-04-18 18:43:10
 
Wierd. They are not showing up in my list.
In this case it doesnt really matter as I would not have bid close to that amount for that name.

Anyone have TheRepublican.com on their list? I was really interested in this name and am just curious as to what the final price was.

Thanks

John
 
John they changed the auction rules a few months back.
If you don't have a successful bid on a domain then the domain doesn't appear on the "Auctions I didn't win" list.
 
dvdrip said:
John they changed the auction rules a few months back.
If you don't have a successful bid on a domain then the domain doesn't appear on the "Auctions I didn't win" list.

I knew about the changes but I could have sworn that the names were still appearing in my list. I was mistaken.

I really made a huge error. I guess when I went to bid I misread the time left and thought it was 24 hrs but it must have been 2 hours and 40 mins or something like that. Probably one of the dumbest and biggest errors I have made in a while.

Oh well at least I know I won't misread the time left ever again.

Thanks for the help dvdrip and Actnow thanks for the info.

John
 
John,

Look at it this way.

You now have more money in your pocket to buy something else.

Which is better than being

"Name rich, cash poor".
 
actnow said:
Look at it this way.

You now have more money in your pocket to buy something else.

Which is better than being

"Name rich, cash poor".

I agree. Whitepine.com for $2k? hmmm, bring on the WLS! At least then, the poor registrant who let the name expire may have gotten at least reg fee, plus some spare cash to boot.
 
therepublican was won with $1024 when i dropped out, note if you never make a winning bid and are always outbid by a proxy bid, the name wont show up in your auctiosn i didnt win..... i think

page
 
That is correct page.
You have to be a high bidder at some point.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom