Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld Pool TBR Auction Results for Dec 6, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can we turn privacy on or off individual domains? before we had to have privacy turned on or off every domain in your account.

Yes, every domain is unrelated to your other domains; although some registrars are asking for your CIRA registrant info, it doesn't exist as such anymore.

10dollar has, far and away, the best control panel - individual or multiple domain control, including Privacy on or off, domain locking, and EPP key displayed. These 3 items should be MANDATORY to be CIRA approved.

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
10dollar has, far and away, the best control panel .

I concur with this. There is also bulk dns and they are working on bulk locking and epp access/change.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CIra's privacy is implemented on the Contact (Registrant), not the individual domain names. So if you were to update your registrant to show full information all your domains would display full contact information.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CIra's privacy is implemented on the Contact (Registrant), not the individual domain names. So if you were to update your registrant to show full information all your domains would display full contact information.

I don't know whether to disagree or not, as I don't think any of the registrars are behaving the same, or understand the procedures the same.

I don't believe that we can perform "registrant" updates anymore, i.e. privacy on or off, registrant email, etc., that change the same information for all the domains previously under 1 registrant. I haven't been able to do so after a fair bit of experimentation.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It really depends on how the registrar handles their contacts, both ways have different benefits. If they create a new registrant for each domain then you could have locking / unlocking per domain, but you may also be stuck with per domain contact information, which if you move could be disasterous.

We currently have everything under 1 registrant, except for businesses as business contacts cannot act as administrative/technical contacts, so if you wanted to update privacy you could change it on your registrant and it would update across all domains. Same with address / email and contact information.

I like the idea of per domain privacy a lot and will look at options as to how I can implement that without giving up the ease of management we currently have.

Cheers,

Jay

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well to start with two accounts might help... one private the other not.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem with that is the Registrant privacy settings control the whois display so if you did implement two contacts everytime you turned it on/off you would be doing a registrant transfer, ie push, and it would then be unmovable to another push for 60 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom