• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Offers PR6 Webmaster Forum - DMOZ Listed - Webmaster Talk.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

wistow

Wistow.net
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
902
Reaction score
0
Looking for offers on my PR6 Webmaster Forum

Domain: Webmaster Talk.co.uk (Remove space as DNForum blocks it for some reason) (& Webmaster-Talk.co.uk)
Stats: 2,171 Uniques so far in April
Alexa: 1 wk. Avg. = 114,007 3 mos. Avg. = 218,602
Pages in Google: 44,400
Pages in Yahoo: 1,970
Pages in MSN: 1,483

Revenue: Assume None

SERPS
MSN: Result 1 of 20,743,872 for term webmaster forum
Yahoo: Result 14 of 75,000,000 for term webmaster forum
Google: Result 29 of 207,000,000 for term webmaster forum

The story behind this site
This webmaster forum is 14 months old. In the early days it was making a good income of a few hundred pounds per month without much work. It was also a busy haven for quite a few webmasters, at times reaching upwards of 500 posts per day. I now spend no time at all updating or promoting this website and it still receives members and posts.

The site has a DMOZ listing in the Webmaster Forums category.

This website needs a little TLC to return it to it's former glory. The reason I spend no time promoting it or updating it is because I have since started a new job and I also now attend college so time is scarce.

I don't have a BIN price in mind, I am just interested in receiving any offers that you might want to make.

I'm selling the site as I don't want to see all the hard work I put in when starting this site go to waste. I am also looking to raise some cash towards buying a car.

The site has been a PR6 for the last 6 months, so it is a steady PR ranking. The site also comes with an OWNED vBulletin license and all graphics etc

Any questions, feel free to ask in this thread or by PM.

Kind Regards,

Craig
 
Can you give an indication of your expected price? You must have something in mind.
 
I honestly have no idea what to expect regarding offers, but I did receive a genuine $3,000 offer last october, if that helps, which I obviously declined.

Not sure what it's worth to tell you the truth but at the time I didn't want to sell for $3,000 as I wasn't in need of the money.

Current verified high offer is $1,000

Kind Regards,

Craig
 
I cant find the website on Google for webmaster forum, I've reached the 6th page and its not there, its also coming up on the 19th result on msn.
 
Dactyl said:
I cant find the website on Google for webmaster forum, I've reached the 6th page and its not there, its also coming up on the 19th result on msn.
Yeah should have mentioned its google.co.uk (it defaults to .co.uk due to my ip) it is also in position 30 now (page 3, last result)
 
Still accepting offers, current high offer is $1,000 via PM on DNF

Craig
 
$1100 from me after you answer a few of my questions.

How much liabilities do you have in your local forum currency? I mean do you have to pay if they want to exchange that with real cash?

Do you have a bin price? when it will end?

Thanks!
 
Hi Chodhry

Members don't exchange forum currency for real cash, they exchange for things like usernames etc

More items can be found at webmaster talk.co.uk/ushop.php (remove space, DNF blocks the url :()

The hosting and domain names offered are just something I used, but they are a sure-fire way of gaining active members (trust me!) and you can simply enter the amount of each item in the admin panel so if you don't want to spend any cash on domains just enter the quantity as 0.

I'll set BIN price at $3,000 as I have had alot of requests for a BIN price :) At the minute, you are currently the highest bidder, thanks!

Kind Regards,

Craig
 
Hi Craig, effective PM ;)

$1,200
 
Thanks man.

1250, when the auction ends?
 
You may perhaps want to remove the Google Web search from the forum. It appears that Google has banned you from using thier services for breaking thier TOS.

Are you aware of this, and have you used adsense to try and generate revenue in the past?

(PS: If you are unaware of why the Google TOS has been broken, it's because you are utilizizing the web search and altered thier code so the Google logo doesn't show up on the search bar...)

How about YPN or any other means of a attempt to generate revenue?

Thanks.

Also, could you please post or PM referrer stats?
 
Hi Felix

I used adsense before but i got banned because of using adsense on one of my other sites which is a traffic exchange and Google have told me they don't allow these types of sites using their ads.

I was unaware that WMT was breaking the rules, i'll get the search box removed ASAP.

If any of the bidders wish to remove their bids due to this I fully understand, just let me know.

Not tried any other means of generating revenue, this site has been left untouched for the last 3 months.

Referral stats can be found at:

http://www.wistow.net/wmt-se.gif
http://www.wistow.net/wmt-si.gif

Kind Regards,

Craig
 
Thanks Craig for the explaination. Do you know if Google bans on a site basis or by adsense account? One last thing, in the referals, I notice alot of traffic from woodfloorist.com... How many of those, if any are your sites linking into Webmaster talk.co.uk?

Thanks again....
 
I have no idea Felix regarding the site/adsense account basis but i'd guess that they ban by account because I had adsense on some of my other sites and they all stopped working when my account was banned on my traffic exchange.

Of the sites in the referral list, hitsnapper and sitehelp.co.uk are owned by me.

Kind Regards,

Craig

High Offer now $1,300 over on NP
 
Seems like the site itself isn't banned from adsense. Tried the tool ad DP and it shows ads for the site. That method of checking is however not 100% so try first to make sure.
 
yeah, unfortunately, even if a site is banned the adsense will still show up...until the adsense account is terminated because you placed it on a banned site :/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom