Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Prevent buying domains from Latonas.com

MarkWWW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Having bought multiple domains from Latonas.com and then showing interest in other domains from their portfolio, they regularly send you e-mails about their special offers.

So yesterday I received this offer:
Last Chance Offer for some-domain.com
For the next 48 hours only, you can buy some-domain.com for a special price of $906.60

This is a one-time offer and will not come back. Last month the price was $7259.00.

Finding it a good deal, I purchased the domain and paid for it. Hours later I receive this e-mail:
We listed this domain for $7,922 but for some unknown reasons, it was sold for a lesser price. That said, we are cancelling this sale. Your payment has been refunded.

I told them that I have paid for the domain, and I have a receipt for it which serves as a legal agreement in case they don't want to proceed with the sale, here is what their founder had to say:
Mark, it was a software bug. You aren't buying the name for this price. If you want to bring up legal matters again, have your lawyer contact us and I will forward it to our attorney and they can battle it out because I won't respond to you.

I am not a newbie and I have been in the domains industry for so many years but I've never had to deal with such unprofessional and unethical company like Latonas.com. Prevent them at any cost and spend your money with those that at least know how to decently apologize when they screw up.

Domain summit 2024

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wauw.. Simply wauw. They cant value their business rep much.

I would never have expected that from Latonas. When you make such a mistake you stand by it. It was only 7000$ they stand to lose. I would think that a good business reputation was worth a lot more..

Thank you very much for the heads up. Will be un-subscribing from their mail list.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning.

Having bought multiple domains from Latonas.com and then showing interest in other domains from their portfolio, they regularly send you e-mails about their special offers.

So yesterday I received this offer:

Finding it a good deal, I purchased the domain and paid for it. Hours later I receive this e-mail:

I told them that I have paid for the domain, and I have a receipt for it which serves as a legal agreement in case they don't want to proceed with the sale, here is what their founder had to say:

I am not a newbie and I have been in the domains industry for so many years but I've never had to deal with such unprofessional and unethical company like Latonas.com. Prevent them at any cost and spend your money with those that at least know how to decently apologize when they screw up.

MarkWWW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes they still in business and it is now run by Rick Latona. It appears that the domain in question was last modified on the 21st of October, meaning one day after I purchased it, it could be that they transferred it to the ownership of someone else to avoid any legal actions taken by us.

What matters the most is their other side of business, selling established websites with revenue, here's what a quick research returned:

Screen_Shot_2015_10_25_at_2_30_12_PM.png

Filter used:
Price: +$300,000
Revenue per year: +$954,792

Jlandusa (.) com

Any experiences SEO will put the domain in SEMrush to see how many organic visitors does it receive, of course not all money-making websites have to get organic traffic, but when you're talking about a website that costs $300k then it is a different story, according to SEMRUsh above domain only gets 185 visitors a month.

Screen_Shot_2015_10_25_at_2_32_28_PM.png

:)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators