• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Price increase at NameWinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not saying they should continue the $8.75 if they are losing money.

But I don't think they were losing money. Just not making a lot.
 
mole said:
WLS is a lot cheaper now.

I wondered about an hour ago - where is Mole?
So, he could post his typical WLS quote.

I'm glad you didn't let me down.
 
It's a sad day. I bought hundreds of domains for $8.75 there and made some nice profits. Costs just keep spiralling upward in this business.
Yes we heard this increase was coming a few weeks ago in talking with them. They have also taken on a few very poor registrars like Register.it that charge $35 for a name change and no C Panel. Times are changing but it may all come to screaching halt and they all want to gain as much revenue prior to that, without any concern for customer loyalty. Seems like all the geese have flown the coop Duke - Steve
 
Any possibility of complaining enough to stop this change or at least get a lower starting price? I think that worked when they raised the starting bid to $15 right?
 
DomainOgre - Good luck with complaining, I do not think that will have much impact. Maybe the best method is to simply avoid doing business with any company that you feel maybe taking advantage of you? That is how we work with all of these drop services and registrars. You then will get their immediate attention. We did not want to pay undisclosed fees to NameWinner's partner registrars so we simply quit buying there - within a few days the fees were lifted. It is all about the $$$$$ - Steve
 
Oh I won't waste my time on it, but just wondering since I think it worked last time lol.

Very true, they probably would change it back if they lost enough business. Actually, that is a good possibility since they are nowhere near as effective at catching names as Pool yet they want a similar pricing structure.
 
DomainOgre said:
Oh I won't waste my time on it, but just wondering since I think it worked last time lol.

Very true, they probably would change it back if they lost enough business. Actually, that is a good possibility since they are nowhere near as effective at catching names as Pool yet they want a similar pricing structure.

Well, they are definitely losing my business. Since last July, when I started using NameWinner, I purchased 750 domains through there to date. Now that will end. I am one of the low ball domain speculators that will be affected by this and can't see spending more than reg fee for a domain unless it is for a client, an extradinary domain with good resale potential, or for my own business use. So this will definitely benefit some but ruin others. I'm sure we'll see alot of people getting out of the business and selling off what collections they have because of this.
 
Well, I got a responce from them and heres what they had to say :

"Hi Mike,

I apologize for this situation. Please let us know if we can assist you further in the future."

Thats all, they didnt even comment on anything I said, so I assume they dont give a damn... to put it nicely.

Mike
 
If WLS ever starts who will provide drop catching for the lowball domains (sub $40)?

Just enom and godaddy?

Even after WLS, people will still be going after some lower-quality domains that do not have the slots taken. There will still be some profit to be made from demand for these domains.

Either Namewinner/Dotster believes that WLS will never go through or they will change their pricing structure once WLS starts (if ever).
 
Haven't seen many great names dropping lately.
Got plenty in my hands right now. Not a big loss for me.
I wasn't wasting my time driving up bids at namewinner anyways.
They are obviously hurting for money.
 
the reason for this probably they see the increase success in pool.

and complaining will not work.
 
did they start this yet ? I still show a $15 min bid on my acct. :)
 
i have 8.75 account and its moved to $30 bidding :angry:

but my old 8.75 bids are still there..
 
Bashar said:
i have 8.75 account and its moved to $30 bidding :angry:

but my old 8.75 bids are still there..

I wonder how big of a drop did they notice in backorders due to their increase?
 
heres my take, namewinner was an awesome deal for us, 8.75 - just over the price of a regular registration and they get the name.....i am surprised it took this long to go higher..

heres an important development though, icann hates all the new phantom registrars that have started up to catch names for pool. along with the 25 cents per year tax will probably be higher per registrar fees to make these non operating registrars uneconomic.

but thats just my opinion
 
first off registrations cost approx $2 less than the $8.75 they were charging. That's a health margin especially if we are talking about thousands of names a day being bought at that price.
Additionally, ICANN taxing .25 ?? LOL that'll affect the pool registrars how ? good one.
 
If you really want your voice of disapproval to be heard, move out of Dotster as well. I am doing that as we speak.
 
TopNames.com said:
NameWinner has grown to become one of the largest and most successful expiring domain name sites on the Internet.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
 
Tippy said:
Well, I got a responce from them and heres what they had to say :

"Hi Mike,

I apologize for this situation. Please let us know if we can assist you further in the future."

Thats all, they didnt even comment on anything I said, so I assume they dont give a damn... to put it nicely.

Mike

what did you expect they will say? :laugh: :laugh:

their support is taught to talk this way. no matter what you throw at them, they will not comment it. it's the only sane move. you pay, or you don't. why they did it is of no concern to you. leave that to them.

the only thing that bothers me with them is they don't catch anything for me. they really are lousy. I am wasting a lot of time in bidding wars there and all for nothing - they don't catch any.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom