Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.PT extension opens for public registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

joaomesk

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today, the .PT extension finally saw the light of the day.
It was a crazy day for many portuguese domainers as they registered domains after domains, in keywords that many aimed to register for many years, but was possible today only.
It is a national holiday in here (Worker Day), but many domainers got glued to the keyboard. It is important to say that Portugal isn't that big, but the .PT extension got bigger and stronger today.
According to the official data, there were 17.513 registries during the sunrise period (of 2 months). Today, in just 8 hours, the portuguese domainers registered 18.500 domains. And believe me, many great domains are still available to be registered!
So, in 2 months and 8 hours, there were 36013 domains registered. Some by hand registration, some by registrars EPI systems.

I have some great ones. Do you?

joaomesk

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Right now, i can tell you the best one is ptservidor.pt
They have the client area in english, so dont be scared about their homepage. I am sending you the system admin skype contact by PM.
They havent failed a registry for me, so i think you will be happy.
If not, you can allways go directly to the source at dns.pt/en/home, but its more expensive...
Good registries!

joaomesk

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are buying a .pt domain for around 37euros, when you can have one for 15euros if you go to a .pt registrar.
It's your money, but it clearly isn't the best solution imo.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks mate. it's for the network i own for which i had to buy the domain and it was first time i was dealing in .pt.

maybe next time, i might look for a change but $40 wrt cba is ok.

also, it will be great if you can start a .pt showcase thread to see how the .pt is doing?

thanks!

joaomesk

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi again. What exactly would consist on that .pt showcase? You lost me on that one.

Cheers

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
showcase thread will let people post their .pt domains they have registered... this also helps a cctld among domainers to know the trend , quantity and quality being registered beside helping domainers interested in .pt to know more about the cctld.. thanks

joaomesk

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oh that. yes, it's a good idea.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can someone share their .PT success stories? I mean how you are monetizing your traffic and what is working or not working for your investment. Thanks

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are there any...... lol ? I love Portugal, Joao, don't get me wrong, it's just that becoming available to the public in May 2012 with the Eurocrisis in the background and Portugal being in the midst of that, I doubt there has been significant success for the entities using it, personal or business, I saw how the successful .ES domains went downhill and how they were just left and not renewed, and it'll be a good while before those can recover, and that extension (.ES) was considered a success by most analysts, reaching 1M regs so soon and being used by many in the Spanish-speaking world too. It was much more popular in the aftermarket than .IT and .FR, for instance, and those are larger economies. Good luck to those who have .PT names anyway...
:thumb:

Can someone share their .PT success stories? ............................

Digiinno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have forums.pt, clothing.pt and automotive.pt. is there anyone who has interest?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.pt was very strict until recently, it has yet to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators