Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.PT Extension Opens Public Registration on May 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

joaomesk

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FCCN, the .PT extension regulator has announced that the .PT will, at last, be available for public registration. The new registration system will become available on May 1st.
There will be a 2 month sunrise period, from March 1st to May 1st. After that, everyone is invited to register a .PT without having a company; trademark or being a PT citizen.
There should be some registrars willing to include this extension on their selling portfolio, but till that happens, i would say to use registrars like amen.pt; dominios.pt (this one has english support); or go directly to the source on dns.pt (you will have to create a nic-handle login).

What say you? Good news?

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think its good news; the policy seems to be in line with most other European countries ccTLDs.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Do you have more details about the sunrise ?

joaomesk

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Aparently, and this info was out today, FCCN is allowing foreign trademarks to register a domain as well. Its breaking news, so i can't confirm all the details. On March 1st, all sunrise details will become public.
I'll update this forum about it.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm asking, because I have been waiting for the day we could upgrade our .com.pt to .pt :yes:

joaomesk

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have a TM registered in your country, but not in PT, you will be able to access the sunrise period. At least, that's what they said today :)
If you need anything else, just say.

joaomesk

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I am writing this post today to had another portuguese registrar to the list: ptservidor.pt
It is a nice and a FCCN accredited registrar, so enjoy their promotion on .pt pre-register promotion.
With this registrar, if you dont get the domain you pre-registered on the public opening in May 1st, they will refund your money.
So...what do you have to loose exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom