Public Opinion, how much will you pay for [WWW.IPAPI.COM]

• Dear DNForum.com user,

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. As we are based in Gibraltar which is part of the EU and we have customers all over the world we are obligated to follow the new regulation as of May 25, 2018.

Accordingly, although we must request full contact information from each of you so our systems and webpage may continue to function we will restrict processing and data transfers as much as possible. When logged into DNForum.com we will display only your chosen handle and no other specific information unless requested by you. In order to request your specific information be revealed please go into your account settings and check the radio boxes next to the information. By default all information is private.

To cover all aspects of GDPR we have published a new / updated agreement (which includes our terms and privacy policy) that will become effective on May 25, 2018. It may be found at: https://www.dnforum.com/help/terms/

Onward and upwards;

Best DNForum.com

fmngundam

Gold Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jul 8, 2010
Gaithersburg
Hello Fellow Domainers,

I bought this domain back in 2013 for a project that I am still working on but I have been getting offers below what I bought it for e.g (Above 10K). What will be a good ball park to sell at? Suggestions and recommendations are welcome.

Thanks

fmngundam

Biggie

Staff member
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Sep 4, 2002
GreenFriendly.com
www.urlpick.com
banner
ballpark.... is whatever price you feel satisfied with

obviously, any seller wants to get back their return on investment, plus make a profit

ipapi.co has top rank position and there's a site at ip-api.io and also ip-api.com

perhaps you're getting some residual traffic from them, and possibly one or some of the owners of those sites, may be making those offers you have received.

i'd be gathering traffic, ctr and epc stats, to assist in evaluating value.

imo....

Castion

Managing director of DNForum.com
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
May 9, 2006
CPH
banner
You need an end user to get more than 10K for this one. I am at low 3 figures for resellers.

fmngundam

Gold Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jul 8, 2010
Gaithersburg
ballpark.... is whatever price you feel satisfied with

obviously, any seller wants to get back their return on investment, plus make a profit

ipapi.co has top rank position and there's a site at ip-api.io and also ip-api.com

perhaps you're getting some residual traffic from them, and possibly one or some of the owners of those sites, may be making those offers you have received.

i'd be gathering traffic, ctr and epc stats, to assist in evaluating value.

imo....

Biggie,

Thanks for your response. They are offering 20K but I think it is worth more. I will do more research.

Thanks

fmngundam

Gold Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jul 8, 2010
Gaithersburg
You need an end user to get more than 10K for this one. I am at low 3 figures for resellers.

Castion,

Thanks for inpiut, they are offering 20K but I think it is worth more. I will do more research. I bought back in 2013 for a project but it is taking time to realize the project.

Thanks

Castion

Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
May 9, 2006
CPH
banner
If you have a 20K offer from an end user take it and run.

Its a brandable, it has around 100K results in google and its available in plenty extensions. Plenty of better domains sell lower. Pate.com recently sold for 16K...

fmngundam

Gold Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jul 8, 2010
Gaithersburg
If you have a 20K offer from an end user take it and run.

Its a brandable, it has around 100K results in google and its available in plenty extensions. Plenty of better domains sell lower. Pate.com recently sold for 16K...

Castion,

I love how you say take it and run!!!. This is a company in Europe, they contacted me via LinkedIn. What do you mean by end user? I know that can be applied to different scenarios.

Thanks

Castion

Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
May 9, 2006
CPH
banner
Castion,

I love how you say take it and run!!!. This is a company in Europe, they contacted me via LinkedIn. What do you mean by end user? I know that can be applied to different scenarios.

Thanks
Usually we distinguish between two buyer types in the domain industry. Resellers and end users.

Resellers are the people that buy domain names as a (more or less) passive investment to sell for profit.

End users are the people that buy domains to make use of them. To create a personal website (lowest tier), all the way to large corporations buying a new URL for their new projects.

End users pay 10-100x more for a domain name than resellers do. Resellers will try to establish a floor or liquid value and acquire the domain below that price. This is usually based on stats like you mention.

End users will use their own business metrics to establish the value of the name to their company.

Frankly I think that 20K is more than a fair offer. If its their opening offer you can try and see if you can extract an extra 10-30% from them, but I seriously doubt you will have an easy time finding anything comparable from another bidder.

So to reiterate... Take the money and run! ;)

RobM

DNForum Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Oct 12, 2003
Malta
banner
just as an addition:
ctr = click through rate
This is a percentage of how many people visit the site to how many purchase a product or click an advert (basically from visiting to making you money)

epc = earning per click
If you are making money each time someone clicks on an advert that money will vary from ad to ad, day to day etc. You get an average of that to work out how much you earn per click.