Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Public Opinion, how much will you pay for [WWW.IPAPI.COM]

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

fmngundam

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Domainers,

I bought this domain back in 2013 for a project that I am still working on but I have been getting offers below what I bought it for e.g (Above 10K). What will be a good ball park to sell at? Suggestions and recommendations are welcome.

Thanks

fmngundam

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ballpark.... is whatever price you feel satisfied with

obviously, any seller wants to get back their return on investment, plus make a profit

ipapi.co has top rank position and there's a site at ip-api.io and also ip-api.com

perhaps you're getting some residual traffic from them, and possibly one or some of the owners of those sites, may be making those offers you have received.

i'd be gathering traffic, ctr and epc stats, to assist in evaluating value.

imo....

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need an end user to get more than 10K for this one. I am at low 3 figures for resellers.

fmngundam

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ballpark.... is whatever price you feel satisfied with

obviously, any seller wants to get back their return on investment, plus make a profit

ipapi.co has top rank position and there's a site at ip-api.io and also ip-api.com

perhaps you're getting some residual traffic from them, and possibly one or some of the owners of those sites, may be making those offers you have received.

i'd be gathering traffic, ctr and epc stats, to assist in evaluating value.

imo....

Biggie,

Thanks for your response. They are offering 20K but I think it is worth more. I will do more research.

Thanks

fmngundam

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You need an end user to get more than 10K for this one. I am at low 3 figures for resellers.

Castion,

Thanks for inpiut, they are offering 20K but I think it is worth more. I will do more research. I bought back in 2013 for a project but it is taking time to realize the project.

Thanks

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have a 20K offer from an end user take it and run.

Its a brandable, it has around 100K results in google and its available in plenty extensions. Plenty of better domains sell lower. Pate.com recently sold for 16K...

fmngundam

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Its a brandable, it has around 100K results in google and its available in plenty extensions. Plenty of better domains sell lower. Pate.com recently sold for 16K...

Castion,

I love how you say take it and run!!!. This is a company in Europe, they contacted me via LinkedIn. What do you mean by end user? I know that can be applied to different scenarios.

Thanks

fmngundam

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Castion,

What is ctr and epc stats?

Thanks

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Castion,

I love how you say take it and run!!!. This is a company in Europe, they contacted me via LinkedIn. What do you mean by end user? I know that can be applied to different scenarios.

Thanks

Usually we distinguish between two buyer types in the domain industry. Resellers and end users.

Resellers are the people that buy domain names as a (more or less) passive investment to sell for profit.

End users are the people that buy domains to make use of them. To create a personal website (lowest tier), all the way to large corporations buying a new URL for their new projects.

End users pay 10-100x more for a domain name than resellers do. Resellers will try to establish a floor or liquid value and acquire the domain below that price. This is usually based on stats like you mention.

End users will use their own business metrics to establish the value of the name to their company.

Frankly I think that 20K is more than a fair offer. If its their opening offer you can try and see if you can extract an extra 10-30% from them, but I seriously doubt you will have an easy time finding anything comparable from another bidder.

So to reiterate... Take the money and run! ;)

Reaction score
just as an addition:
ctr = click through rate
This is a percentage of how many people visit the site to how many purchase a product or click an advert (basically from visiting to making you money)

epc = earning per click
If you are making money each time someone clicks on an advert that money will vary from ad to ad, day to day etc. You get an average of that to work out how much you earn per click.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You could temporarily park it at a site like ParkingCrew.com and then check the stats over a week or a month to give you an idea of the revenue it can generate.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators