Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRPiNG

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why is there so much .everyfing about drops, expiring name etc?
Maybe i'm missing the point, if the name(s) never got renewed by the original name owner, why is there such a frenzy about them?
if i had names earning money, at least their renewal fee then surely people wouldn't drop them.
Look this may appear like a silly question, i havan't done any reading on the subject so i really don't know.
Can sum1 just briefly explain it in a short post, just to stop me wondering WHY buy drops?
DRPiNG:confused:

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bidawinner is right. sometimes domains worth $50,000 or $100,000 are let expire by their owners. Sometimes this is due to to the fact that the person no longer used their email address so they forget about the domain, or the company that owned the domain went bankrupt.

thinkaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Buying or re-registering a domain name with established traffic will save you time and money since it is already listed in search engines or has a high link popularity. Granted, some names are still not worth re-registering even if they are dropped (trademarks, no traffic, misspelled, etc.), but there are tools that will help you determine if a domain name has links already pointing to it.

Also, domain names with high link popularity will fetch a higher price if sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators