Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Questions Rgarding an LLL.com Domain

Openwave

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I own a LLL CHIP domain and have a few questions,

!. When selling your domain what price range can you list your domain for? Would it be futile and ridiculous to list your domain for $1,000,000. For example JRA.com on Sedo is currently listed for 16,777,215 USD. Although I'm just checking Sedo I've noticed that lll.com's are in the 100k to 200k average range and that most ll.com's are all listed at 5 Mil. What happens over the next 5 to 10 years?

2. Does it entice a potential buyer or affect a sale if there is a basic professional looking page on the site or just a blank page.

3. Does buying the same domain with .net and .org help increase your sale with your .com?

4. Would it be wise to invest in one last lll.com @ 15k to 25k if available.

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can see the trending prices at sites like domain-prices.com. But if you are targeting Chinese buyers, why not either go on an auction site like namejet, or go directly to the Chinese, on 4.cn Etc? That will jump start the process. You can also hire a broker to sell it for a 10-15% cut.

If you can buy an LLL.com (chip) for under 25K, I think that would be a good deal. But you may end up selling those lll.org/.nets separately, although you may not.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bottom line and always exceptions to the rule and things change BUT... unless that LLL with a vowel or V has a particularly strong meaning/traffic or combo of both it isn't even worth $25k. The chips remain the one's to get, for now.

Is it futile to list a LLL at $1M, no but that just means you will either never trade it and or look like a fool when you do sell it for the $59k market value when you need to trade.

Not saying a handful have not seen $XM but reality seems to elude most domainers.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bottom line and always exceptions to the rule and things change BUT... unless that LLL with a vowel or V has a particularly strong meaning/traffic or combo of both it isn't even worth $25k. The chips remain the one's to get, for now.

Is it futile to list a LLL at $1M, no but that just means you will either never trade it and or look like a fool when you do sell it for the $59k market value when you need to trade.

Not saying a handful have not seen $XM but reality seems to elude most domainers.
This says they are CHIPs, so I assume they dont have any vowels. JRA.com of course, does have a vowel, so that is NOT a CHIP. And the guy must not be serious at trying to sell it at this point in time.

Re: JRA: http://domaingang.com/domain-news/sedo-the-most-expensive-lll-com-domain-listing-ever/

Openwave

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mr.Deleted and TheLegendaryJP for your replies.

Yes I just used JRA.com as an example. Probably because a Google search comes up with Japan (horse) Racing Association.

When I purchased my domains the Canadian dollar was almost at par with the American. Now $25000 USD is close to $35000 CAD which is awesome when selling my domains but not when purchasing them.

"And the guy must not be serious at trying to sell it at this point in time."
Would be nice to see what it eventually does sell for though.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators