Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems this thread and most of the parking threads has been a little quiet lately. Does anybody have any questions?

Donny

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Donny

since you asked....

when can we expect some new templates and new images

i'd also like to see the "referral" traffic to my domains as part of stats

Thanks
Don

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don,
We added 2 new templates in January. The first one we call "Modern" which is our new default, and the second one is a search box only style. We still offer our two original designs called Alpha and Generic. The Modern one usually shows a 8% increase in overall revenue compared to the other 2 main templates.

As far as new images, we add new ones everyday when people request something we don't have. Normally we don't change the existing ones, just because what one person doesn't like somebody else may like. It's funny the requests we get. I would like a "2010 Porsche 911 with a backdrop European River".

We are storing the information on the referring urls for domains. And it will be available soon. I think two months ago we added the ability to see what country your traffic is coming from. And it's funny how often, I actually use it myself.

Donny

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don,
We added 2 new templates in January. The first one we call "Modern" which is our new default, and the second one is a search box only style. We still offer our two original designs called Alpha and Generic. The Modern one usually shows a 8% increase in overall revenue compared to the other 2 main templates.

As far as new images, we add new ones everyday when people request something we don't have. Normally we don't change the existing ones, just because what one person doesn't like somebody else may like. It's funny the requests we get. I would like a "2010 Porsche 911 with a backdrop European River".

We are storing the information on the referring urls for domains. And it will be available soon. I think two months ago we added the ability to see what country your traffic is coming from. And it's funny how often, I actually use it myself.

Donny

are you adding these "newly requested" images to the "existing image pool", or do those requested images remain only in "requestors" account?

also, as you know, over time ppc's have come and went, and new one's are always on the horizon.

how is voodoo positioning itself to stay competive with platforms like IT and others as the ppc industry continues to evolve?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, new images are added to the existing image pool. They are not specific to one persons account.

Every parking company tries to be different in some ways. We try to give our customers everything that we are offered. And give them the ability to use those features/options however they see fit. For example, we are the first parking company to offer the new image ads from our upstream provider. It's basically a text ad, but just a graphical version of it. We give you the option to turn that on or off on all of our designs.

Some companies don't allow you to set a keyword or keywords for your domain. We give you that option, because it's an option for us.

If we get information about your domain, we tell our customers about it. We are one of the only ones that tells our customers if one of our upstream providers has banned/blocked one of their domains.

The one thing that we do really well is we a/b test everything all of the time. And based on the information we get we can make small tweaks to the layouts or for example the number of ads that are displayed.

Donny

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a question.
Can you start a new parking company?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
(Or bring back parked and the old yahoo feed for that matter lol)

searchnut=? :smilewinkgrin:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bob, what do you mean create a new parking company? What's wrong with Voodoo?

Focus - Searchnut! That's still one of the funniest domains we ever did. The back story for the squirrel still makes me laugh.

Donny

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still remember when you bought the Voodoo url in New Orleans at the auction I was sitting there next to you and you raised the paddle I was like oh no he didn't! haha, man those were good times (esp parking wise) :cool:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's really hard to be creative with such limited things we are able to do with designs. We are always open to ideas on designs.

As far as RPC, I think it's hitting the whole industry.

Just some recommendations. Our auto-optimization usually generates about 12% higher revenue on a normal basis based on our testing. It will set your domains to either a 1 click or a 2 click based on the country the traffic is coming from.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators