• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed RealtorCertification.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rbedell

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
RealtorCertification.com

Plenty of google results and advertisers for the term.
Realtors need a license to sell homes.

Appraisals? Thoughts?

Thanks!
Ryan
 
my first thought is that 'realtor' is a very strongly protected trademark.

'real estate' is the safe way to go, but good luck with it.
 
"Realtor" is a trademark that is strongly enforced. I know this all to well since my father is a broker and my oldest sister is an agent. If you develop it they will come after you I can ensure you of that.

So I would say $0 since you wouldn't make any money off of it because of legal fee's.
 
Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the insight. I always thought "realtor" was a profession, like doctor or engineer. Ooops.
 
I always thought it was a generic term as well until I received a C&D letter from the Realtors Association of America requesting to give up the name. Did some research into this and found out that there are already cases showing that Realtor is not considered a generic name.

Therefore, $0 for this name due to Trademark issues.
 
its the Real Estate Mafia. Its a good ting domainer isn't a TM. lol wait is it?
 
Hmm..
I didn't know realtor was a TM either

But the realtors association of america is active only in the US. So technically, someone from some other country is free to use the term Realtor, right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom