Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Recent Drops- Available Names Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

President Gringo

one of the forums i visit restricts access to guests...to visit the good parts of the forum, they need to be a member....is this not possible on this forum software?

Domain summit 2024

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Popper - I can clear up vipclub.info. A guest did not get that, I did - but I didn't know it was posted here. I saw it earlier this week on a pending delete list on another forum and have been tracking it ever since. It fell this afternoon and I was fortunate enough to grab it. I was tracking one last week, filmindustry.info and just missed getting it by a couple of minutes.

If I see a name here first and take it I always compensate the $20 DNB. I think you are right that guests do take a lot of these names though.

Scrolling back up the thread I see that DAX posted that vipclub.info has dropped. Dax if you want to let me know where you are seeing the .info drops after they happen, I will send you the usual 20 + a bonus 50! If you want to do that, PM me the info.

The information I have been getting only tells me when .infos are pending delete, so I have to sit and watch them by checking them as often as possible. I would really like to see a real time list that shows when they have actually deleted, as Exody does not currently offer that for .infos.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good man Duke. You didn't do anything wrong. :)

This just shows that with 5 million people out there searching at the same time - it's bound to happen.
That's something else for people to keep in mind before they get mad at anybody - etc.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No problem of course. It is good to remind people periodically that if this thread is the source of the tip you use to purchase - please compensate the person who posts with 20 DN Bucks. It is a minimal amount for the value received from their work. A lot of people have picked up good names that the person posting did not need for their own portfolios. No wonder this thread is so popular!

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CheechAndChong.net - (Overture 10288 cheech and chong)

This one is hard to part with. I've been fighting myself over whether to grab it or not. A few years ago - I probably wouldn't have hesitated. Heh!

I still don't understand how the .com is owned by "just some guy" - and no trademark issues - and the .net is just sitting out there available. :confused:

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
20 DNF$ to namepopper for

cheechandchong.net

These guys were favorites of mine once upon a time. I'm gonna see if I can contact their people and send them the name. Least I can do for all the laughs they gave me.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I missed that Pres. That is a good idea if possible to implement. If this thread were locked to guests it would give them a very big incentive to register - which would benefit the forum membership rolls.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Put my vote in with the Pres and the Duke.

Good idea for membership increases.

take5k

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
biggedon

20 DNF$ to you for cafestreet.com, thank you.

here are some:
yeschannel.com
vivamania.com
coolchoices.com
uselessdomain.com
nicestudio.com
nationalstreet.com

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks to "Take5k" for DNF Bucks

In favor of lock-out!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by stocdoctor
I see DonaldWilliamsjr@netzero took skipants.net and skisuits.net. Is he a member here? I don't see any donation from him as yet.

Actually I got skipants and skisuits from clickmojo!

Notice we both posted the same name on the same day.
while he was posting,I looking at clickmojo.

dax

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
Hey Popper - I can clear up vipclub.info. A guest did not get that, I did - but I didn't know it was posted here.

No probs there. At least you're registered member and not "guest leecher" :D

Scrolling back up the thread I see that DAX posted that vipclub.info has dropped. Dax if you want to let me know where you are seeing the .info drops after they happen, I will send you the usual 20 + a bonus 50! If you want to do that, PM me the info.

No need for that, after all I didn't recheck the names and thought that $20 received was for vipclub.info from NamePopper. :)
And you're absolutely right: vipclub was listed as available at domainame.at 2 days ago (maybe even earlier?)

The information I have been getting only tells me when .infos are pending delete, so I have to sit and watch them by checking them as often as possible.

Huh, that's a lot of work: I've developed few scripts for checking my desired name(s) (alerting me when it becomes available even when I'm offline and/or absent ...ya know; FT job, partys, etc.). :) These scripts can send monitored domain status even on my cell phone. You should try similar approach? Saves a lot of time.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The scripts are great but out of my range of technical expertise unfortunately. So I have been reduced to tracking .info manually. Fortunately I don't do that very often!

Do you want to sell your script for some DN Bucks? :)

dax

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
The scripts are great but out of my range of technical expertise unfortunately. So I have been reduced to tracking .info manually. Fortunately I don't do that very often!
Do you want to sell your script for some DN Bucks? :)

Sorry, can't do...
- there's more people involved in development/testing and I can't decide without my computer freaky friends
- it's developed for internal use only
- the price may shock you ;) just kidding....
- script is not finished yet (just monitoring and nofication implemented)

But, there's a lot of free scripts available based on plain whois that can be modified and started as cron job. Fill the sql base with your names and let the script check them periodically. This should do the trick for start at least for monitoring. Advanced options like sending SMS or automatic domain registration requires not only software but hardware as well (fortunately, my gsm provider solved that for me, so you see this script probably will need adjustment for your country).

This month I'll know how successful script is; script is watching bundle of names and hopefully I'll grab at least one of them.

If you want I can send you PM with results but don't expect miracle...I need just one name, just one.
;)

Oh, yes: last but not least...WLS will make the script obsolete, of course.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info DAX. I was kidding about the DN Bucks. I know that kind of script is not cheap. Do PM me if you think of it. I would like to know how your final product works out. Good luck with it!

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry biggedon I should have recognized the name. My bad.

Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators