Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Register is About to Screw Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LtlPhysics

This happened before, when the .infos went public.

I registered hotdomains.us with Register and they promptly, within 30 minutes or so, sent me this confirmaton invoice:

Subj: DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION INVOICE
Date: 4/24/02 2:22:18 PM Central Daylight Time
To: LtlPhysics@aol.com, LtlPhysics@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Date: 24-Apr-2002

Thank you for using register.com, your first step on the web
The following domain name(s) have been successfully registered:

hotdomains.us

I highlighted the date and time.

Today, I received this in the mail:

Subj: DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION INVOICE
Date: 4/25/02 3:04:38 PM Central Daylight Time
To: LtlPhysics@aol.com, LtlPhysics@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Date: 25-Apr-2002
Please note that the following domain name(s) are still pending registration:

hotdomains.us

You will be notified within 48-72 hours on the registration status for the name(s) listed above.

This is what I have received before Register is about to give the domain to someone who registered it *after* I did, despite their 'first come, first served' line of baloney. Also, notice that the second post came from NameBargain, Register's discount shop, and not Register.

If you use Register's whois and look up hotdomains.us, you will find me there. Please do, make copies to send to me and keep. That's me, Lee Scherer, my address, phone number, everything but the cat.

Before you paste the whois, it's easier to read if you right-justify the print, you know what that is, left-justify, centered, right- justify. It's all in there and Register has this time and date information: Registration Date: Wed Apr 24 19:22:00 GMT 2002Domain Expiration Date: Fri Apr 23 23:59:59 GMT Now, what's that babble?

I have never launched a lawsuit, mostly because I think the US is swamped in litigation and I don't want to contribute to the mess. But I am so pissed off that I'm considering making as much noise as possible. I'm not printing the thoughts I am having, to keep this place looking nice.

If you would make copies of the hotdomains.us information list, I would appreciate it if you would mail me a copy and keep one for yourself.

Domain summit 2024

i'll help.

no-one else give's a Rat's Ass.

i do..

i'll help.

and i'll be back with info.

check your personal email too
cause i'll be all over that too.

simone

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ltl - do you want us to email you the whois or snail mail it ?

L

LtlPhysics

Printing and snailing it would be nice too. The data online is all in order, but comes apart when copied, unless there is some way of getting around that, and I don't know if there is.

Emails stamp the date and time on everything and having it come snail besides email, can't hurt. Thanks for offering.

Wanda, thanks too. I was about to start working on that list, I had the various registrars and list spread across the monitor so I run through them and I checked the mail as an after thought.

rrrrrrrrr

Originally posted by LtlPhysics
Printing and snailing it would be nice too. The data online is all in order, but comes apart when copied, unless there is some way of getting around that, and I don't know if there is.

Emails stamp the date and time on everything and having it come snail besides email, can't hurt. Thanks for offering.

Wanda, thanks too. I was about to start working on that list, I had the various registrars and list spread across the monitor so I run through them and I checked the mail as an after thought.

rrrrrrrrr

:) it'll all be okay.

it will.. just trust me.

dont' worry bout the .us you've ordered..

nothing can be done at this point.

this is why i had so many posts on the issue prior to the opening.. was just trying to get folks to open their eyes to the 'real picture'

don't worry bout the list..

nothing is gonna happen till you've finished anyways.. no rush.
when your ready, we are too.

it's cool! alwa :D yas cool!

L

LtlPhysics

I just got another notice that the name pals.us is also being revoked. It too is in my name, could you all take and print a look.

This wasn't about money, missing a deadline or gold rush fever either. The public was welcome and it was hours after the hogs had been fed. I think the hogs had been feeding for months.

It's only a matter of time before they revoke hotdomain, singular.

I don't like Register.com

But GoDaddy managed to register 2 .US for me and the 3rd one he screwed up.

Oh well at least they refund your money :D

At least they can't revoke the great pizza you guys have there in the Twin Cities :D

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Somebody help me too,please!!

I just spoke to Verisign about my name Casting.us .In the whois.us it's me who is listed as the owner and VS as the registrar but the lady on the phone said it was just a "preregistration"!
So what's that?
Could somebody make a snapshot of my whois as well and send it to me as i don't know how to make snapshots?
Again,the name is: Casting.us
my email:biz@nyc.com

Thanxalot :)

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well policy says it's enough to have a business with the US basically

L

LtlPhysics

Everyone wants to do business with the US.

Wanda looked up some information for me and it looks fine and not all messed up.

She got it from these guys, http://www.ReserveMe.com
a division of http://www.DomainProcessor.com

If you look up hotdomains.us, pals.us (I was going to use that with my little nieces) and proplus.us, you will probably find me. There is no hiding on the web. Everyone knows everyone else, which is probably a good thing in a democracy.

Originally posted by beatz
well policy says it's enough to have a business with the US basically

"bona fide" is the actual Nexus reference. You have to register in the State you conduct business. Otherwise, anyone can claim such business and reside 3 continents away.

thewitt will correct me if I am wrong.

They just revoked proplus.us.

Your showing as registrant for all three that I checked for you today. I did not rec' the email regarding the folks trying to get your names..
I think it's all 'cool'.. and you've got the names wrapp'd up..

4real.. they are all refecting your the registrant.. :confused:

L

LtlPhysics

I just spoke to Verisign about my name Casting.us .In the whois.us it's me who is listed as the owner and VS as the registrar but the lady on the phone said it was just a "preregistration"!
So what's that?
Could somebody make a snapshot of my whois as well and send it to me as i don't know how to make snapshots?

I just sent you a copy of what I found using Register's search.

Check out Wanda's search information, use it and forward it to other people. That should preserve the data in its original columns.

Your showing as registrant for all three that I checked for you today. I did not rec' the email regarding the folks trying to get your names..

4real.. they are all refecting your the registrant..

It does, doesn't it? I have been down this road with the .infos.
They take their time, up to about five days. rrrrrrrrrrr

I just sent you a copy of what I found using Register's search.

Check out Wanda's search information, use it and forward it to other people. That should preserve the data in its original columns.

4real.. they are all refecting your the registrant..

It does, doesn't it? I have been down this road with the .infos.
They take their time, up to about five days. rrrrrrrrrrr

okay buddy! i'll take my hug & kiss anytime! :)

Texas is NOT that far from StPaul... just depends on the mission... time flys sometimes ..ya know.. :)

just giveN you a hard time pal!!

msMay!

So what's that?

Beatz..

You got it all straightened out? Need copies? Let me know.

GoodLuck!
msWandaMay

I just registered a .US with RegisterFly.com simply a FLAWLESS and fast registration. GoDaddy failed to register the domain for me due to their internal set up for 2 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators