Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

RegisterFly / RegisterEngine experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinrussell

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Anybody ever have any problems with RegisterFly's reseller program RegisterEngine?

I have not had any success with their support system or the contact individuals to find out why I have not yet been paid any commissions - ever. While I was using them (before I switched over to eNom) *my* customers had their credit cards randomly charged, *my* customers were solicited by RegisterFly to purchase their domains directly (at a lower price) and the list goes on from there.

I have since "moved on" so to speak and will provide additional details at a future date (if anybody wants) but I am looking for some initial comments from the friendly folks here. I look at my files concerning this every few months or so and can't figure out why this company that appears to have such a neat little product would be so unprofessional as to not even reply to me. Commissions are owed from March 2001

Thanks!

Martin

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of this program offered by RegisterFly. I myself have had communication problems with RegisterFly.com themeselves. I will no longer have anything to do with them.

I opened a Ticket and they closed it for no reason and never replied via email. They billed me for a Domain which wasnt even registered through them. How I have no idea.

Good luck and smart move switching to eNom.

Mike

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't use Registerfly.com!!!

I am currently trying to get a not insignificant amount of money back from Registerfly. They registered the names I asked for, then cancelled them a few days later, and then continued to charge the credit card for various large amounts of money!

The names of Registerfly.com and Tim Shor (the owner) are mud! Don't use them!

:dead: Hopefully, if we can get the word out to the various DNForums out there, they will soon be out of business!!! :dead:

Don't use Registerfly.com!!!

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dunno. Had no real problems with them so far, at least none unsolved and i have 52 names with them.In fact i think they're one of the best mainstream resellers.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My opinion is there's problem everywhere, whether you hit it depends on your luck (or the lack of :D).

I personally register most of my domains with RegisterFly. They do have problems on and off, but have not scared me away, yet. I have also tried other registrars, my feeling is you get what you paid for (except NetSol :D).

zoltan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 888
My opinion is there's problem everywhere, whether you hit it depends on your luck (or the lack of :D).

I personally register most of my domains with RegisterFly. They do have problems on and off, but have not scared me away, yet. I have also tried other registrars, my feeling is you get what you paid for (except NetSol :D).

Don't think so, there are quite a few "under $10" domain registrars with excellent support.
Support is everything!

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by martinrussell
Hi all,
Anybody ever have any problems with RegisterFly's reseller program RegisterEngine?

I have not had any success with their support system or the contact individuals to find out why I have not yet been paid any commissions - ever. While I was using them (before I switched over to eNom) *my* customers had their credit cards randomly charged, *my* customers were solicited by RegisterFly to purchase their domains directly (at a lower price) and the list goes on from there.

I have since "moved on" so to speak and will provide additional details at a future date (if anybody wants) but I am looking for some initial comments from the friendly folks here. I look at my files concerning this every few months or so and can't figure out why this company that appears to have such a neat little product would be so unprofessional as to not even reply to me. Commissions are owed from March 2001

Thanks!

Martin

Hi Martin

Me too. But my case was even worst!

I cannot change the logo and update my logo. Everything was a mess. Hence, I give up to resell it anymore.

Please keep us contact for what is going on.

Good Luck !

PrimeDNR

martinrussell

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi again.
Further to my original post, and just to be clear here, RegisterFly run a reseller program called RegisterEngine. We all know that they are eNom resellers to begin with, but the modification to the API that they have built, use on their site and supply to their own resellers is laden with problems. This is why we see so many people complain of phantom credit card charges and why domain registrations sometimes seem to be lost or "stolen." I first brought this to their attention on March 29th of 2001 - right - last year.

I am curious to know if anybody who ever sold any domains using the RegisterEngine product has *ever* been paid a commission.

And I would like to know if RegisterFly ever caused any problems that they did not solve for you.

Thanks again. More soon!

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Registerfly has one of the strangest policies I haver ever seen. They require you to know the password (not just user name)--of the person you are pushing a name to. This creates a very awkward situation--when buying or selling a name from somebody.

Since one of the first rules of Internet security is to never give your password out--this is just plain stupid. It doesn't make sense--especially when they are an eNom reseller--and eNom requires no such action to do the same thing.

Tippy(Mike) and myself encountered this today during a transaction. Since we know each other--and have conducted biz before--it was no big deal--but it still makes me uncomfortable to ask--or be asked--for an account password.

It's just wrong.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper
Registerfly has one of the strangest policies I haver ever seen. They require you to know the password (not just user name)--of the person you are pushing a name to. This creates a very awkward situation--when buying or selling a name from somebody.

Since one of the first rules of Internet security is to never give your password out--this is just plain stupid. It doesn't make sense--especially when they are an eNom reseller--and eNom requires no such action to do the same thing.

Tippy(Mike) and myself encountered this today during a transaction. Since we know each other--and have conducted biz before--it was no big deal--but it still makes me uncomfortable to ask--or be asked--for an account password.

It's just wrong.

I have many names with them and have had some small problems, but none lately and all were handled fairly well. I have an enom account as well, and like the registerfly controls better. Either one is better than most others (Maybe 15 or so) that I've tried.

As for the password situation, you are going about it wrong. In doing a transfer, I create a new account with a made up login name and password I select that's not mine or theirs and push the domain to that account. Then email them the login password with instructions to either change it or "push" the name into a new or their exsiting account which I don't need to know anything about.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComster
Why Registerfly when we have eNom?

Exactly DotComster. I wonder the same thing.

We only dealt with Registerfly because that's where the original owner (neither of us) had registered it. We would have never chose them otherwise.

Originally posted by adoptabledomains
As for the password situation, you are going about it wrong. In doing a transfer, I create a new account with a made up login name and password I select that's not mine or theirs and push the domain to that account. Then email them the login password with instructions to either change it or "push" the name into a new or their exsiting account which I don't need to know anything about.

Well yeah--but that's still an extra step for both parties. Why? It's not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators