Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Registerfly

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stay away, the worst in the business

Note that it is not a good idea to complain against registerfly IF you still have any domains (or hosting) with them.

Once they find out you are part of any action against them, they will immediately lock your account, and you will not be able to login any more.

Good luck!

Folks, I've read some of the reviews and I'm appauled. I've dealt with Registerfly for several years and I'm hear to tell you, they are the worst company in the business.

Today I tried to renew $82.00 worth of domain names. Not only did the send me this (keep in mind this has gone on for almost three years, this is just an instance):
We were unable to renew the following domains in your account:
This was 11 domains.

Not only did it fail, but they also charged my account, not once, but twice. To top it off, the money isn't even in my account at registerfly. So they just take the money (fraud). Now, the've said they were fixing this for 3 years now. Hundreds of phone calls and emails back and forth and still today nothing has changed other than their ICANN approval?? (how can they get Icann Accredited?)

So, back to the phone. Many occaisions I spend hours on the phone just to be disconnected before the call is answered. Today, I've been disconnected 5 times after holding and no one answers. I think they just pick up the phone and then hang up because they get so many phone calls from complaintants.

Now I want to prove just how inferior this company is with responses I've gotten from the support ticket system:

[2006-01-30] Your renewals aren't working. Your staff said it would be fixed in a couple hours --- 2 weeks ago. Still it doesn't work. Your phone support is too lengthy to renew domains and live chat assistance is next to useless for these matters.
"Rest assured that customer service is our number one priority"-- this is what they say when you're on hold.

[2006-01-30] [2006-01-30] Hello

There is found to be issue with renewal at registry. Please try to go through renewal of names again after some time.

Thank You

Robin Elise
Client Support Executive
1st Level Support

[2006-01-30] Robin. That's been the story for over 2 weeks. I can't wait another 2 weeks, my names are expiring and or expired.

[2006-01-30] [2006-01-30] Hello

We are undergoing registry maintenance for certain domain name extensions. During this time you may not be able to register / renew or management some of these extensions. We do expect the maintenance to complete as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Robin Elise
Client Support Executive
1st Level Support

This has been going on for months and years. The same crap. The same poorly handled phone calls.

Now other issues with Registerfly for those who are wondering...

• I've complained that when I log in and want to do bulk changes, regfly automatically logs me out after a brief period even though I click 'remember me'. I've complained about this for about 3 years and nothing has happened. The second time I login it's a little longer but not adequate to do bulk changes on 400+ domain names.

Every one of their employees has access to your credit card and personal information. At any time one of their employees can and have made domains disapear from users accounts.

Live chat assistance is rendered useless. Some knucklehead answers your live chat and recommends you send a support ticket??? Wasn't this live support?

tickos.com was taken out of another users account, placed in my account and then about a week later, without notice the tickos.com domain name disappeared out of my account. Never heard from them about this... They do what they want, when they want.

If you transfer domains out, they don't always disapear from your domain list. So, they show it as expiriring so you can send them some more money to renew a domain that they don't even have. Then try to get your money back...

Paypal wont touch them. I've sent numerous complaints to paypal about the duplicate (one time they charged my account 4 times for a bulk registration) charges. Paypal said there were other complaints about them as well. Hence, Paypal no longer deals with them.

They have numerous complaints through the Better Business Bureau that go unresponed to. You have no recourse.

Without notice during the change of a new year, whatever price you have for your domain registrations, it's no good, they change.

They offer all these different extensions for their services and they all go into the same number and the same person. On the weeked, one employee is answering all the calls.

There are many others!

Now, here is what the Better Business Bureau says:

REGISTERFLY.COM
623 Eagle Rock Ave.
West Orange, NJ 07052
View Location Map

Local Phone Number: (732) 000-0000
Membership Status: This company is not a member.
TOB Classification: Internet Services

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered and unresolved complaints. The company has resolved some complaints presented by the Bureau, however, some complaints remain unresolved or unanswered.

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 125
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 66

Complaints Concerned
Advertising Issues: 3
Outcome of all complaints -
Company did not respond: 3

Sales Issues: 8
Resolved: 1; Unresolved: 1; Company did not respond: 4;
Unpursuable: 2

Delivery Issues: 8
Company did not respond: 8

Guarantee or Warranty Issues: 2
Resolved: 1; Company did not respond: 1

Product Quality Issues: 4
Resolved: 1; Unresolved: 1; Company did not respond: 2

Refund or Exchange Issues: 14
Resolved: 1; Unresolved: 1; Company did not respond:

Contract Issues: 2
Resolved: 1; Company did not respond: 1

Customer Service Issues: 44
Resolved: 12; Unresolved: 3; Company did not respond:

Credit or Billing Issues: 40
Resolved: 10; Unresolved: 2; Company did not respond:

Additional Addresses

PO Box 2468, Livingston, NJ 07039.

Additional File Information

The Bureau has requested basic information from this company.
The Bureau has not received a response. Without this
information, the Bureau may not have current information
concerning such things as the company's management or its
nature of business.

Report as of: 2/12/2006

Here is their parent company listed on the Better business Bureau:

UNIFIEDNAMES INC
P.O.Box 2418
Livingston, NJ 07039
View Location Map

Local Phone Number: (000) 000-0000
Membership Status: This company is not a member.
TOB Classification: Internet Services

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s).

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB since the firm's BBB file was opened in February of 2003: 20
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 3

Complaints Concerned
Sales Issues: 2
Company did not respond: 2

Delivery Issues: 2
Company did not respond: 2

Refund or Exchange Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
Company did not respond: 1

Customer Service Issues: 11
Company did not respond: 11

Credit or Billing Issues: 4
Company did not respond: 4

Additional File Information

The Bureau has requested basic information from this company.
The Bureau has not received a response. Without this
information, the Bureau may not have current information
concerning such things as the company's management or its
nature of business.

Report as of: 2/12/2006

Copyright: 2006 BBB of New Jersey,Inc.

During the course of this post, I've been disconnected after being on hold many times. This is the 7th disconnect without even talking to a person.

In summary, I'm sending a complaint to all of the ICANN Board of Directors with this post included. Registefly is by far inferior to any other registrar available and we all need to do something about it. Sure, they look nice and the bells and whistles all look nice but when the rubber hits the road, this company needs to be shut down. PERIOD!

That last thing I want to do is waste my time describing negative experiences with a company like this. I don't have the time but dammit, I have no choice anymore. It's been the same ole thing for 3 years and I'm tired of it. I've gone from over 400 names with them to 130 and transferring everything out. Please let's do something about this company as something needs to be done. Enough is enough already.

I suggest people start posting the truth about this company and filing formal complaints.

Here are some other complaints:

Here is my nightmare story about Registerfly.com.....

I started service with registerfly on 06/13/05 and paid $19.95. This was for vps-hosting. I bought 4 domain names, transferred one domain that I have owned for almost 2 years and put protectfly on all of them.

On 07/13/05 I paid $19.95 again for my second month. Then registerfly had about 40 hours of downtime in 3 days, which they later downplayed to a couple hours. I emailed them and phoned them for three days with no replies. After the system was up again 3 days later, they finally sent me an email saying the system is now online and working. I finally got hold of someone there after several support tickets, emails and unsuccessful phone calls. They finally said I would get compensated for the downtime by giving me an additional 2 weeks. Instead of being billed on 08/13/05, they said I would now be billed on 09/01/05 and be billed on the 1st of every month after that.

Well on 08/13/05 they not only took another $19.95, they took an additional payment of $19.95. Nothing was supposed to be deducted until 9/1/05. I called them for 3 days and emailed them. They would not reply to emails. If they did answer their phone, they would not transfer me to billing. (this company has the worst customer service I have ever seen. EVEEER!).

I called my bank and cancelled my credit card and disputed the 2 illegal withdrawals. Once again, this was after 3 days and hours of emails and phone calls. A couple days later, they sent both $19.95 withdrawals back to my account and said I would be billed on 09/01/05.

I thought great, everything is all ok now.

On Sunday, 8/21/05, they suspended my account, shut down all my webpages, and said I owed them $109.00. If I did not pay this amount, they would keep my 5 domains and not allow me to move them to another service.

The $109.00 is itemized as follows....

2 chargebacks of $35.00 each = $70.00 They were charging me $35.00 for each charge of $19.95 that I had disputed. They also wanted both payments of $19.95 which they illegally took out. The two $19.95 charges were for services that they had not even given me yet. In other words, they wanted four payments of $19.95 when I had only been with them for 2 months.

My bank said they do not send a charge through for disputes. My bank never charged registerfly two payments of $35.00. I have no idea why they think I owe them for charges that they incurred when they billed me for money that was not theirs. At this point they emailed me and gave me an extension to call. I called one day and some guy would not shut up for 1 minute to allow me to ask why I owed them $109. He finally hung up on me. Then the next day I called and a women answered. I was trying to explain it to her and she said I had already talked to someone the day before for 2 hours, (it was only about a 5 minute conversation when he hung up on me). I said I wanted to explain to her why that $109 is not owed to them. She said she was too busy to talk to me and also hung up on me.

I called the Better Business Bureau for Livingston, NJ where registerfly is located. They said they have numerous complaints against registerfly and that they will not contact even the BBB to try and resolve issues. They sent me to consumer affairs to turn in a complaint. I am also going to send a letter to their attorney general to let them know of the illegal business activity in their town of Livingston. If anyone is trying to contact registerfly, here is the number and extension they gave me. It might help you get to their rude billing department.

Below is the last email I received back from them. They never sign their emails, so you can never deal with the same person.

Hello

*Your account has been suspended for chargebacks received. You are required to pay all the fees due of $109.90. Please call 973-736-2545 ext 125 for payment information.

Thank You*

Registerfly.com INC
ICANN Accredited Registrar

Unbelievable, after they closed my account, registerfly.com tried to bill my credit card on 09/01/05. Here is the message I received on 09/04/05. Once again be very cautious with your credit card info with these crooks (registerfly.com).

We attempted to process your credit card for web hosting services for your domain name. Your credit card was declined, please take a moment to update the billing information, credit card number and expire date. We will retry your hosting payment again within 24 hours. If within 24 hours your card is still declined your account and all related services may be deactivated until the balance is resolved.

UPDATE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION ------------------------------- You can update your billing information, credit card number etc via this link https://registerfly.com/hosting/edit.php?domain=xxxxxx&u=xxxxxx&mode=type#payment INFORMATION -------------------------------

Domain : xxxxxx Amt Due: 19.95
Error : Authorization Failed.
If you have questions please contact us at 1-973-736-2545 or rapid@registerfly.com
http://www.marwencorp.com/registerfly.html

Bad Companies - RegisterFly

Note: I am not speaking on behalf of anybody but me. *I* am ticked off; I don't know if anybody else is.

The short version: I have been screwed by RegisterFly twice, once when they lost my registration for killfile.org for over a week, and once when they *entirely* lost mod.org. Their tech support is obtuse at best and unusable in reality, and their customer service may as well not exist; all that I can say positively about them is that their billing system works as promised, though it may as well not be connected to the rest of the company. They should be avoided.

The long version:
May 2002

While I don't really have time to write up the whole thing right now, the short of it: my domain (killfile.org) was lost because RegisterFly, then my domain registrar, forgot to pay their upstream site. I was unable to complain except over a chat system, and the domain was down for over a week, causing mail bouncings and various other related problems. This has been only significant outage in several years of running the domain, so I was understandably touchy. I eventually solved the problem by re-buying my own domain name from their upstream vendor, Enom, who was more expensive but *much* more professional and worked out my problems within an hour.
April 2003

In April 2003, I decided it was about time to renew skirvin.net and mod.org, two personal domain names. Because I was running late I decided to not bother transferring the domains to another registrar yet; I didn't want to worry about the hassle or danger of the transfers, and I was willing to give RegisterFly one more shot. This was, of course, foolish.

There's not really too many details to offer here. Somehow or other, they managed to lose mod.org entirely - nobody has told me why. It now belongs to another registrar, and not me. In the mean time, they had kept on billing me for it, including billing me *twice* for this last time when I attempted to renew it. I was able to get back this money, but not the earlier payments, and I never did get the domain back...

skirvin.net is, unfortunately, still hosted at registerfly. I hope to fix this shortly, but I've paid up until the end of the year, and it's not strictly vital...
Postscript, October 2004

Over the last 18 months, I have gotten many people mailing me about this page and asking for additional information. All I can really say is that I currently use Enom and DirectNIC for my domain registration needs, and have been quite happy with both of them.

August 29, 2005

Business I have a complaint about....
Registerfly.com
Livingston, NJ.

Hello,
Below is the letter posted on my webpage and that I have sent to consumer affairs in NJ against Registerfly.
You can also view it on my site........ http://www.marwencorp.com/registerfly.html
Feel free to post it on your site.
Thanks
Mark

Beware - Read Before you decide to do business with Registerfly.com
Here is my nightmare story....

I started service with registerfly on 06/13/05 and paid $19.95. This was for vps-hosting. I bought 4 domain names, transferred one domain that I have owned for almost 2 years and put protectfly on all of them.

On 07/13/05 I paid $19.95 again for my second month. Then registerfly had about 40 hours of downtime in 3 days, which they later downplayed to a couple hours. I emailed them and phoned them for three days with no replies. After the system was up again 3 days later, they finally sent me an email saying the system is now online and working. I finally got hold of someone there after several support tickets, emails and unsuccessful phone calls. They finally said I would get compensated for the downtime by giving me an additional 2 weeks. Instead of being billed on 08/13/05, they said I would now be billed on 09/01/05 and be billed on the 1st of every month after that.

Well on 08/13/05 they not only took another $19.95, they took an additional payment of $19.95. Nothing was supposed to be deducted until 9/1/05. I called them for 3 days and emailed them. They would not reply to emails. If they did answer their phone, they would not transfer me to billing. (this company has the worst customer service I have ever seen. EVEEER!).

I called my bank and cancelled my credit card and disputed the 2 illegal withdrawals. Once again, this was after 3 days and hours of emails and phone calls. A couple days later, they sent both $19.95 withdrawals back to my account and said I would be billed on 09/01/05.

I thought great, everything is all ok now.

On Sunday, 8/21/05, they suspended my account, shut down all my webpages, and said I owed them $109.00. If I did not pay this amount, they would keep my 5 domains and not allow me to move them to another service.

The $109.00 is itemized as follows....

2 chargebacks of $35.00 each = $70.00 They were charging me $35.00 for each charge of $19.95 that I had disputed. They also wanted both payments of $19.95 which they illegally took out. The two $19.95 charges were for services that they had not even given me yet. In other words, they wanted four payments of $19.95 when I had only been with them for 2 months.

My bank said they do not send a charge through for disputes. My bank never charged registerfly two payments of $35.00. I have no idea why they think I owe them for charges that they incurred when they billed me for money that was not theirs. At this point they emailed me and gave me an extension to call. I called one day and some guy would not shut up for 1 minute to allow me to ask why I owed them $109. He finally hung up on me. Then the next day I called and a women answered. I was trying to explain it to her and she said I had already talked to someone the day before for 2 hours, (it was only about a 5 minute conversation when he hung up on me). I said I wanted to explain to her why that $109 is not owed to them. She said she was too busy to talk to me and also hung up on me.

I called the Better Business Bureau for Livingston, NJ where registerfly is located. They said they have numerous complaints against registerfly and that they will not contact even the BBB to try and resolve issues. They sent me to consumer affairs to turn in a complaint. I am also going to send a letter to their attorney general to let them know of the illegal business activity in their town of Livingston. If anyone is trying to contact registerfly, here is the number and extension they gave me. It might help you get to their rude billing department. Below is the last email I received back from them. They never sign their emails, so you can never deal with the same person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My complaint is against registerfly.com. I purchased web hosting and a domain name from them. I was having problems accessing my site. I have tried to call them at least 3 time with no one ever to return my call. I have emailed them once generating a support ticket which called for a credit card. I have went to their live chat site at least 20 times for help.

I was told about 5 times I couldn't access my site because my DNS settings were wrong. (Who set them, I didn't) While in the chat session with customer representatives, suddenly the chat session abruptly and mysteriously ends. This occurred about 4 times.

When I actually got to speak with someone during the chat, the told me the same story over and over. My DNS setting were set incorrectly and it would take 24 to 48 hours in order for me to access my site. I have been trying to reach someone from this company for 4 weeks now. No one has ever returned my calls. What do I do?

Marlene O

As with others who have posted I have billed multiple times against my amex card by Regsiterfly.

They do not answer the extension number for billing.

The do not respond to complaints submitted via the web. It is the risk dept that handles these issues not customer support, odd ?

I have yet to receive an answer from them.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THE HOSTING SUCKS (MY SITE WAS DOWN FOR 10 DAYS), AND THEY MISUSE CREDIT CARD DETAILS.

I have contacted amex fraud office. I have also informed General Attorneys Office in New Jersey.

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/home.htm

I would recommend anyone with similar problem to do the same. Any company can make a mistake especially where automated systems are used, but these guys refuse to remedy it or even acknowledge it. I would love to know how that is legal.

Thanks very much for your support.
Jeremy Hamill-Keays

RE: RegisterFly.com Record Keeping Problems...

BEWARE! If you are a RegisterFly.com customer, they have had internal data problems that could affect you!

I have lost a domain name, www.PumpkinJunction.com, that wasn't supposed to expire until 7-18-2005. Unbeknownst to me, their system released the name back before 3-6-2005, and someelse bought the name out from under me.

I have owned the domain for 2 years, and was legally entitled to it until the expiration date, which isn't for another 3 months; yet know someone else now owns my domain!

I've found four other names that Registerfly claims expired, even though I have reciepts to prove ownership until July, 2005. Evidently they've had a problem with their record keeping system, and are not saying anything, in fear of spooking new customers, and causing legal headaches.

Based on this snafu, I'm transferring my 26 remaining names to another one of my registrars. I'd like to file a class action lawsuit against them, so if you've had the same problem, please contact me ASAP!
http://forums.webhostdir.com/printthread.php?t=11873

Domain summit 2024

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RegisterFly.com Scams and Tricks

Level of upset :: 4

Business in question :: Registerfly

Complaint:: i received an email today from registerfly.com saying i had 2 domain names about to expire this month.

how is this a scam?

first of all, the 2 names are for .info which i have NEVER registered.

second, i renewed all of my domain names for the rest of the year back in july 2005,
which means i wouldn't have to renew any others until jan. 2006.

they added these 2 domain names just this week because i double checked sept 1 to make sure all the names for the rest of the year were paid off.

now i will have to watch these bastards like a hawk. i plan to move my decent domain names to my other registra and slowly let the ones i no longer want expire.

if you have an account with registerfly.com, you should take a quick look see for domain names you never ordered. i'm not buying anything from them again.

Business in question :: Register Fly

Complaint:: **** **** ****

They got me too, 2 domains, I had JUST Renewed, 2 days prior, then I get another notice, and because I did the last transfer a new way, I figured it was a goof and just went ahead and renewed, I'm gonna call them ****s right now and see what they have to say about this shit!

Business in question :: Registerfly.com

Complaint:: They did the same crap to me all year, finally I got fed up and switched. They said there was a security issue with my account and it was locked out. The only way to contact them was throught emailing thier risk department. And no one would give me the time of day on the phone. For like a month! I only have like 5 domains all bought recently. So far my main one has been disconected 3 ****ing times in the last 6 months for failure to renew, and there was absolutely no way it had been even close to a year!
Register Fly GFY!
I realise I'm new to the net but Im not new! That's bad friggin Buisness.
When I call for customer service I do not expect to be treated like I'm bothering them!
On a side note so far Go Daddy has been good to me!

Level of upset :: 3

Business in question :: domain transfers

Complaint :: I have sent 10 e mails requesting that they comply with the regulations,they have no idea of the procedeure for transfering domain names, I was sucked in by the cheap price, but one only gets wat one pays for, so it is my problem, but beware do not use registerfly , if you want sane domain registrations.
Ernie
http://www.americanbadbusinesslist.com/registerfly-scams-tricks.htm

hello every one who was settup by registerfly we are enter to the club to

be4 any thing im going to my bank and ask 4 refund and block registerfly if you use visa normaly you can do that without asking of any refunds from DISLOYAL COMPANY SUCH AS REGISTERFLY because like i can read every body in this tread are sure of DISAFFECTION OF REGISTERFLY, UNFAITHFUL COMPANIES LIKE REGISTERFLY should be kicked out from internet their UNFAIR PRACTICES OF REGISTERFLY make me pay for services they never done so i canceled my hosting plan with them and is still in my acount! my story is long like most of you so i will bring you every detail slowly in next post
ewa

My complaint is against Registerfly.
They suspended my account a month ago for "initiating chargebacks".
What I find annoying is that emails to them to clear up the matter have gone unanswered 1 month down the line.
Using their Live chat, they don't seem to be able to tell you what to do.
So the point is here I am suspended, Regfly won't talk to me (so I have no idea what to do) and the only thing they want me to do is pay.
Kinda like putting a gun to my head, telling me I have to pay before they even tell me what I charged back.
Some of the names they took from me don't belong to me, but held for clients.
Is there a body I can sue them through? A small claims tribunal, an ombudsman or something?

"Identity theft is something you have to worry about with registerfly"

Thumbs down Warning Re: Registerfly
Puravida is SO RIGHT! When I read this thread for the first time today, I found myself reliving the hellish experiences I have had with Registerfly. Even the script of their girl who answers the phone "Our process is automated, so we cannot do anything" sounds eerily familiar just like the nincompoop techies they employ, who can neither solve problems nor write proper English.

I admit I fell for their free 'ProtectFly' trap...but I am wiser now!

Thumbs down Warning Re: Registerfly
Puravida is SO RIGHT! When I read this thread for the first time today, I found myself reliving the hellish experiences I have had with Registerfly. Even the script of their girl who answers the phone "Our process is automated, so we cannot do anything" sounds eerily familiar just like the nincompoop techies they employ, who can neither solve problems nor write proper English.

I admit I fell for their free 'ProtectFly' trap...but I am wiser now!

RegisterFly.com has fallen WELL below what should be expected in terms of customer support. My latest (and my last) troubles with them occurred when I attempted to transfer a domain. Their interface was apparently having issues. It kept failing, and then instructing me to check the domain and try again. I did so five times, after which it asked me to logon again. After logging in it told me my account has been suspended, and to email risk@registerflysupport.com to find out why. I did so. Nearly a week later, I still had not heard back from them, so I decided to give them a call. 45min on hold later I finally got a hold of somebody who simply told me I would need to wait for an email back from the risk people. "It will be very soon" he assured me. Several days later, and still unable to access my account, I emailed the "risk" people again. Still no response. Then the kicker came! I found that my credit card had been charged over and over again for each of the failed transfers! I called RegisterFly again, and waited on hold literally all day! I waited for more than 2 hours, and then was simply hung up on. I would call back again, and after about 10min got hung up on again. All day long we played this little game. Time after time I would hear the "on hold" music cut away, and I would hear them pick up and hang up the phone again. They refused to communicate with me, be it through email or phone.
I am now working with my credit card company to get the charges dropped, but I am afraid of what will happen to the domains still hosted through RegisterFly. After reading what other people have to say I am afraid I will lose them.
Steer clear of this HORRIBLE company, which is clearly going belly up!! They have extremely poor business ethics, and don't deserve a single cent from your bank.
http://www.webhostingjury.com/reviews/RegisterFly

Dear Bill : I am a small business and was recommended Registerfly after an extremely bad experience with internic.ca. Now I have gone fm bad to worse! Since transferring my domaine and uploading my website and info in December, I have been unable to access my site on MORE THAN THREE occasions, each time more than 24 hours and this second-last time MORE THAN THREE DAYS. Now get a load of this : following complaint letters over the internet regarding their bad service THEY SUSPENDED MY WEBPAGE AND DOMAINE ADDRESS WITHOUT ADVISING ME. I thought it was another spite of their extremely poor service. But it went on and on and on. Each time I sent them a ticket, they answered that within a couple of days it would be back. It was never put back again.

In July I went to repay another year but whatever I tried, I got a reply that the domaine is NOT registered to me. Following many, many attempts to pay with only one week left on the grace period, I finally called and over the telephone they renewed for another year. I am sure their intention was to STEAL my domaine and then extort money out of me to get it back (just what Internic.ca did the previous year).

Registerfly almost killed my new boutique hotel. as I receive reservations for my hotel over the internet. I will now have to again change companies, download and re upload. Please advise people on your article NOT to work with them, they are extremely unreliable and their client service unresponsive. (Revise your star rating of them to 2 or less... not just a question of losing a domaine name, but an entire company if internet and email services are essential.)

By the way, although I suspected from the beginning, I am now sure they farm-out their client services to a third-world country. While paying for another year, over the telephone they asked me how to spell Houston, Texas. I was not talking to someone in the US.

Please post this ASAP so they others do not have to suffer the same economic consequences in already difficult times.

Still bleeding but recovering from the conflict, Linda M. Ambrosie

http://hostsearch.com/lab_domain_registration.asp

I have been informed that yet another formal complaint has been launched against Registerfly. I did not start it, but will be following this as it moves ahead.

Aziza Salikhov is the investigator for consumer affairs in NJ. He is the one to contact that will be looking into these complaints.

His email is: e-commerce@dca.lps.state.nj.us

He is -very- interested in hearing from any others that feel they have been wronged by Registerfly.
If he needs more info he will email you back.

These are all the details I have at the moment.

So if anyone wants a place to vent that will listen, please consider contacting Aziza.

-JD
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=451428

Ok, on hold a half hour now and 8th disconnect.

Not 5 minutes after I posted this message I received a private message from Paul V. at Registerfly, here is what it said:

regfly said:
You might wish to read our help area

2005-02-12 - Due to a major snowstorm Our Call center is closed today. Phone Support is not available. Please use Live chat or our ticket system

We have a major snowstorm with 16 inches of snow. Our call center is closed. Provide your userid and what the issue is and I can help you

Now I want to document my repsponse:

I've read enough paul. You may wish to read the post and then take some action to improve. I've talked to you on a couple occaissions, again, take a good look at your reputation and then do something about it.

The snow storm has nothing to do with the complaints world-wide and the difficulties I've had over the past 3 years.

One excuse after another and the promises of fixing things means very little to me or any of your other users.

Enjoy the snow storm and I have all my records together should you or your company try to do anything with my domain names.

I'm done playing games pal!

Oh, and your live chat assistance... come on. It's not even available and when it is, it's useless anyway!

Now I also, to protect myself, want to document publicly all domains currently in my registerfly account as of today:

aagolf.com
acmeloans.com
addeluxe.com
additions.be
addresssearch.be
adsenseu.com
adtracer.com
adtutor.com
alot.info
appliedfaith.com
arcadiabank.com
autoblog.biz
baitpile.com
bankamericas.com
banksimply.com
bankslink.com
bathjournal.com
beefinance.com
belgiumflower.be
beyondbanks.com
bluefossil.com
businesssearch.be
chamber.be
chatacademy.com
complainers.net
condense.biz
csicollege.com
curacy.com
delonecarter.com
Democrats.be
documented.biz
dvour.com
edtutors.com
educationtutors.com
expressbanks.com
fantasymovies.info
fatad.com
fertilizers.be
focusonthegoal.com
freeloanapproval.com
getlisted.org
gpaid.com
gunsforsale.info
hannahsolutions.com
hazyweb.com
hillaryfacts.com
hitsagent.com
hittheballsergio.com
homeloanassoc.com
iceskate.be
iceskates.be
ideadoc.com
improvementsite.com
inroc.com
internetsearchengine.be
islamwebsites.com
ivoice.biz
jackofalltrades.be
jameshoyle.com
jamiross.net
justreach.com
LEAN.biz
legislature.be
limitfree.net
lombarditime.com
markwashington.com
mastertheinternet.com
math.us.com
mathzilla.com
measureweights.com
mixedimages.com
mobilewash.info
mollardbatons.com
mp3gateway.com
myaffiliatelink.com
myebayer.com
nathangreen.net
ohiocreditor.com
ohiocreditors.com
organizations.be
outerbanksforum.com
patronize.biz
pinballwizard.be
poledancers.info
poledancing.be
popeben.com
ppcpark.com
pressurewash.org
pressurewashcentral.com
pressweb.net
regulators.net
replacedrugs.com
representative.be
restaurantdepot.net
reverb.us
risky.be
rockypointmexico.info
roommatesearch.be
searchenginepromotion.be
secretoflife.info
selfwealth.net
sellitfast.org
simplyflash.com
singlewords.com
specificlanguage.com
spinstore.com
spinstore.net
stickrack.com
sublimespa.com
success.us.com
thermodriveinc.com
tldagent.com
tmtamusements.com
toomanytoys.net
topnotchnames.com
toshisushi.com
valleys.be
venison.be
vetradio.com
voicegateway.org
voiceoverip.bz
wauchovia.com
webid.biz
weblog.us.com
webtransit.net
wedesigntemplates.com
weigh.be
wetburritos.com
wordsearch.be
worldrelieffund.com

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The FBI should have raided and shut it down long time ago! This company is such a pain! >:[

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm in the process of opening a website dedicated to just that.

I've sent complaints to ICANN with absolutely no response. I have a file for Registerfly. I'm gathering every complaint available via the internet and I'm going to allow members to post their experience. Then once the site is up I will issue a press release and submit and then begin the link exchange process having several disgruntled members help in doing this.

I have a feeling I don't stand alone on this and I'm already receiving support, so why not. If I add up the time I have to email them and try to contact them by phone, it's overwhelming and we have to set a price fon our time and when they can have such a recording as they do,(when you're on hold), then how can they be operating in the fashion that they do?

I've heard and read so many.. "..try in a couple hours" ; "..we're working on it" ; "..please submit a support ticket.." This is getting ridiculous. There are many complaints out there, I feel it's time to give them a place where their complaints are going to be heard, taken care of, and or ignored by Registerfly.com. So far they've ignored... actually I received the snow storm excuse not 5 minutes after I posted the above. Frankly, that's no excuse for not answering complaints promptly and professionally. How about not responding to the Better Business Bureau. This is important! How can ICANN go into a relationship with Registerfly.com when Registerfly has the reputation they have? I can't figure that one out. As a company Registerfly doesn't take care of their business like they tell you during the voice message. Trust me, call their number and you'll heart it 6 or 10 times. Many times, (the snow storm being no excuse), I'm on hold for anywhere between 15 minutes and and hour or even more, just to get connected like someone picked up the call and immediately disconnected it. This happens during a snow storm or not. You would think that Registerfly.com is getting to be large enough that they better clean up their reputation. They shouldn't be able to have a bad rep with unfinished complaints and more rolling in and at the same time become ICANN Accredited. If you google a search for the term, "registerfly" and the second listing and two others in the organic listing area are reviews or bad experiences.

What really irritates me is the fact that they could have the best service on the net. The look, the feel and the features are fantastic if they actually worked. A world of opportunity starring them in the face and this is how they are treating it. They've talked about fixing these things and the staffing problems, now do something about it.

Well, this is not how i'd choose to spend my Sunday, but enough is enough.

I'll post the website here when it's ready.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions or feels what I'm doing is wrong or illegal or if they disagree with me in anyway, please post a simple response "Agree" or "Disagree". In the meantime I have some work to do. Your opinions on this are important!

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can I request that registerfly information should have it's own forum. In stead of in: 'Others' it could be in Registerfly.

I think they deserve their very own forum on dn forum.

holeinone

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does Registerfly's CC billing ID come as "WEB HOSTING SERVICES GROUP" I'm Sorry for hijacking your thread and all that. Its because they billed me for ~$200
for domains they failed to register.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree,

-=DCG=-

Kirkos

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did also had problems with them. Stay away.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They stole my money as well, and I submitted about 6 support tickets, called them, and talked to Live Chat (which was useless), and no resolution, not even a reply.

They stole $10 for a SSL certificate. Luckily, I just said to myself, forget about them, and I let it slip after a while, but if it was $xxxx I would've made sure I was waiting outside their office at 6 PM.

They are located in Manhattan.

And you know why ICANN doesn't shut them down? I bet you it has to do with money. It's all big business. I bet ICANN has quite the revenue because of RegisterFly, they probably wouldn't want to shut them down. Somebody has to either a) Take these matters into their own hands or b) We have to wait for enough complaints so the FBI and other investigators raid them.

taz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow

BIG PROBLEMS HERE

I'm chacking my names with them and I'm stunt...

some of the name are gone..they are still in my account at RF but if I whois them they are regyster by somebody else...the names droped at on point in SEP 2005. and on their record (in mine too) it is: eamen.com created: 2002-04-10 exp: 2006-04-10

I have a few like this...this names are gone....

WHAT CAN
I DO NOW?

another one ...
I have the confirmation of renewing it few months ago...look what they say now
"
Renewal process for this domain did not go through. I have refunded to your account for failed renewal. Now you need to pay $209 to get this domain out of Redemption status or you need to wait for 60 to 70 wait to get this domain as available to re-register.

Thank you.

Rapid Response Service
Registerfly. INC
ICANN Accredited Registrar
"

Taz

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
go to here Explain your situation and the find the "how to get your names out of Registerfly Post. I'll be updating this soon.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does RF have an account here from their support?

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have the site up that I had promised. It's not the most beautiful site on the internet but it's functional.

www.Registerflies.com
http://www.registerflies.com

Does Registerfly's CC billing ID come as "WEB HOSTING SERVICES GROUP" I'm Sorry for hijacking your thread and all that. Its because they billed me for ~$200
for domains they failed to register.
- Yes, that's the name they charge the accounts under. Makes it awfully confusing and that may be just the way they want to keep things.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Registerfly is one of the all-time worst registrars. I pulled all my names out of there years ago but 2. Now I paid to renew the 2 and they double bill me and only renew 1. Calls, emails, support requests etc. and no response. Heck it's not worth my time except for the principle of the thing.

Just to remind you all, a couple years back when confronted with all the complaints by the various members on the domain forums, RegisterFly's official response was that they "didn't really give a fxxx"!

Lauren

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh GREAT. I just registered 40 names there this morning. I got double billed and no response yet from their "Rapid Response" (2-4 hour response time.)

Wish I'd read this before.....

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Over at webhostingtalk.com in the forums there is a member by the name of regfly (paul is his real name) and he is a rep for RF. I had a problem and within 2 hours he had it resolved for me. I have 136 names there...I logged in yesterday and 74 names were suddenly listed as expired. It turns out that under Paul's direction I could "refresh" my account which would delete any names already transferred out of RF. Well instead it listed 74 names as expired with 00-00-0000 as creation and expiration date. Of course I had no control when they are listed under expire. However some patience and a PM to Paul and it was fixed. It is very annoying their service. The customer support is incompetent and slow. I don't suggest anyone use them but if you do have patience and be diligent about your requests. Don't threaten them and for god's sake don't do a chargeback or call your bank. If you initiate a chargeback they will freeze your account and take your names. It's in their TOS (and most registrars).

Oddly I spent a few hours investigating all the horror stories with RF and most turn out to be about 3 people complaining all over the place under different names. I think RF has problems however I would not say they are a scam or fraudulant...just terrible service.

Last piece of RF advice..if you are going to chargeback with them...wait the 60 days and tranfer your names out FIRST..then start the chargeback once your names are safe.

Lauren

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
Over at webhostingtalk.com in the forums there is a member by the name of regfly (paul is his real name) and he is a rep for RF. I had a problem and within 2 hours he had it resolved for me.

Thanks for the lead. If I can't get my over-charge handled in a week or so, I'll look him up.

labrocca said:
It is very annoying their service. The customer support is incompetent and slow. I don't suggest anyone use them but if you do have patience and be diligent about your requests.

This was it for me. I'll work with the 39 I registered, but I go elsewhere from now on.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Lauren

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While I agree with you that Paul is very helpful in assisting people who are having issues (I've dealt with him for years), that doesn't do anything for the problems they are having. I show 97 domains in my account of which I only have about 40... actually I'm not sure anymore because Enom took most of what they could out of Registerfly. I've also went in and refreshed my account and did global changes to whois. All of which didn't update anything. Under my expired domains list, nothing is showing anymore. Usually they have a soon to expire list and those aren't accurate either.

Complaints on the internet are not done by 3 people. There are thousands of people who are sick of the quality of service. My time, or anyone else's time for that matter shouldn't be spent in forms chasing Paul around because their support is so horrible. Matter of fact, it was Paul that took my personal information and posted it in that Web hosting talk forum you metion. Took my information out of my account and posted it in the forum. He did it because he was angry with me because the waves I'm making but that also shows the incompetence of the company. The only reason I'm standing up against what they are doing is because it's not been one problem or two. It's been a multitude of problems and customer support issues for years.

Registerfly has an opportunity to respond to complaints on Registerflies.com. They are there everyday reading about what's being said about them but have yet to respond.

Peace of mind, again, is all any of us are looking for when it comes to our domain names. Price is important also but the bottom line is Registerfly has been the worst experience I and thousands of others have had when it comes do domains and hosting, not to mention their customer support. They are absolutely horrible on all the facets of the business.

Chase Paul down if you'd like to and there's a good chance he can help with your situation, however privacy and peace of mind are what I'm after. Anything short of that is not a company I want to deal with.

Here's one, do a search on name.com, fabulous.com, and GoodLuckDomain.com. Then search Registerfly.com and compare the results. The internet is riddled with bad reports from Registerfly. Their Better Business Bureau rating supports those claims made.

My recommendation is that we stay away from companies such as Registerfly. Pay a little more for a better service if you have to but there is nothing but problems for registerfly users.

labrocca said:
Over at webhostingtalk.com in the forums there is a member by the name of regfly (paul is his real name) and he is a rep for RF. I had a problem and within 2 hours he had it resolved for me. I have 136 names there...I logged in yesterday and 74 names were suddenly listed as expired. It turns out that under Paul's direction I could "refresh" my account which would delete any names already transferred out of RF. Well instead it listed 74 names as expired with 00-00-0000 as creation and expiration date. Of course I had no control when they are listed under expire. However some patience and a PM to Paul and it was fixed. It is very annoying their service. The customer support is incompetent and slow. I don't suggest anyone use them but if you do have patience and be diligent about your requests. Don't threaten them and for god's sake don't do a chargeback or call your bank. If you initiate a chargeback they will freeze your account and take your names. It's in their TOS (and most registrars).

Oddly I spent a few hours investigating all the horror stories with RF and most turn out to be about 3 people complaining all over the place under different names. I think RF has problems however I would not say they are a scam or fraudulant...just terrible service.

Last piece of RF advice..if you are going to chargeback with them...wait the 60 days and tranfer your names out FIRST..then start the chargeback once your names are safe.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to say something fishy is going on with one of my names there. I had submitted a transfer request on another register to have the name transferred from registerfly to the other registrar. The next night I logged into Registerfly and noticed there was a name that was expiring in two weeks. Not knowing it was the one I requested to transfer out, I renewed the name with my credit card. I emailed support with the issue and no response. Looked on my credit card and had the renewal fee. I also received an email from Registerfly saying they had a request from another registrar to transfer the name to them. To approve it I had to click a link. Going back it said to approve the transfer to Registerfly????? The name is at registerfly, why would I want to transfer it to them. I am still dumbfounded about what is going on and will post more once I figure this mess out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators