Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Registerfly's new look!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mcahn said:
We take care of Rick Schwartz, UltSearch, Netster, the NHL, Miramax Films, Jupitermedia, and a whole bunch in the forum.

Not to mention TopNames :wink:

This is why I say Moniker is the best...great customer service.

How many CEOs would bother to visit a forum and post his phone number?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
Aplus.net is sending me a lot of emails to renew names that are long gone.
Just got a renewal notice this morning from RegisterFly for a domain that I have already transferred away.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone.
I just got off the phone with Monte -taking this afternoon to go see him.

Looks like I may be packing my bags as the grass seems to be greener after all.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
Thanks for the advice everyone.
I just got off the phone with Monte -taking this afternoon to go see him.

Looks like I may be packing my bags as the grass seems to be greener after all.

Great move. Anywhere (almost) besides RegFly is an improvement.

Die RegFly!

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
Just got a renewal notice this morning from RegisterFly for a domain that I have already transferred away.

Nothing special about registerfly there. I get those from just about every registrar I've ever used, including Namescout, NSI, OpenSRS, Enom, Godaddy, and Dotser to name names. I did recently find a link in the RF controls to synch the domain list to remove transferred and expired names from the list. I wish they would all do this.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Didn't know RF had such a link. Something new around every corner.

I wish aplus/names4ever had that feature. I get hundreds and hundreds of misleading emails to renew. But if they did have a sync link, they wouldn't be names4ever anymore, now would they... they'd be namesn0longer.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very poor decision to be glorifying a Moniker.com..you'll all get screwed in the long run.. and you'll all be wishing you had lisetend to me.. Monte can talk up a storm ..but I'm not buyiong his BS because I have lived through his BS.

Stocdoctor said:
Great move. Anywhere (almost) besides RegFly is an improvement.

Die RegFly!

Reaction score
Bid,

Why don't you give me a call so we can address this issue directly? You speak of such a bad experience with us, yet I do not even recall one. DomainSystems was never a registrar so comparing DomainSystems, which is still one of the most successful aftermarket domain sales companies in our space, to Moniker is not relevant.

What exactly is your gripe? Is it because you tried to transfer a domain away and my Sales manager called you to verify the transfer request and attempted to retain your business? Let's get it out on the table - preferably directly with each other so we can move on more productive posts.

Call me - 954-984-8445 or just email me as I did with you last night in attempt to resolve.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

[email protected]

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
Didn't know RF had such a link. Something new around every corner.
It's under reports> domain mangement reporting:

Refresh your account
Refresh all the domain in your account. Verify the creation and expiration dates against your entire list of names. This operation will also remove names that have been transferred away to other registrars.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mcahn said:
Bid,

Why don't you give me a call so we can address this issue directly? You speak of such a bad experience with us, yet I do not even recall one. DomainSystems was never a registrar so comparing DomainSystems, which is still one of the most successful aftermarket domain sales companies in our space, to Moniker is not relevant.

What exactly is your gripe? Is it because you tried to transfer a domain away and my Sales manager called you to verify the transfer request and attempted to retain your business? Let's get it out on the table - preferably directly with each other so we can move on more productive posts.

Call me - 954-984-8445 or just email me as I did with you last night in attempt to resolve.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

[email protected]

Monte ,

over 1 year and a half ago I sold tens names to "larry" cheap..very cheap because I knew it was going to be a pain to transfer the name out of domainsytems.com..at one time .after everyone ..I mean everyone had done away with the ten paper forms and mailing the transfers and waioting weeks ..domainsystems was stil plugging away..when I called and bitched about such an archiac procedure YOU told many other still used that systems (which was BS..but you thought I was just green and never would no the differnce I guess)..and you claimed you still did it that way for Security ! lol ..(so today when I hear that to transfer a name out of Moniker ..you still have to call Monte ..for security resons..well I just have to burst with laughter)

Then you al start this nonsense..

http://www.domainsystems.com/cgi-bin/upgradeToMoniker.cgi

I had no desire and I certainly was not "required" to move my names to Moniker..

Yet, when I try and transfer my names elsewhere you guys kept denying the transfers..twice you did this before I called and was told I would have to speak to you.. You come on the line and lppayed the pushy hardcore sales apprach ..I was on the phone with you for nearly 15 minutes as you tried every angle to get me to move my names over to Moniker and refuse my very simple request to unlock the names so I could transfer them to where I wanted to transfer them ..

So afte rthis BS You finally let the couple I want to transfer out..out..

I had about 10 names left and sold themn here with the understanding that they were at Domainsystems.com (moniker)and they the company are apain in the arse and you will have trouble transfering them..

I sold all ten very very cheap..these were names making a profit for me.. (only so I didnt have to deal with your business again)

The very next day the buyer was requesting my assistance to help get the names out of Domainsystems.com .. crap I didnt ever want to deal with your companies again..thats WHY I sold the names so cheap..
In the end we were able to get most of them out.. but it took about a week..

total freaking nonsense Monte.. I will never give you that opportunity to do that again..well not to me.. you label al the nonsense under security.. hey your a great salesman..look at all the people buying it..

thats all that matters Monte as long as enough people buy it ..you're doing fine ...

Besides the fact that your prices are not even close to being comparable to everyone else , why should I call for special deals..when I can get better prices from just about anywhere and I dont have to get on the phone and be screened so Moniker can deem if I am "worthy" or not for reduced prices.. it's laughable ..

When I first came to domainsytems I came over because I knew you guys were pioneers in the Domains markets.. You made some nice sales and built on that .. I respect that ..

What I dont respect is being disrespected.. when I say transfer I mean transfer ..you work for me ..not the other way around..

I fired you Monte ..I fired you because you couldn't handle simple transfer requests.

So you see Monte it wasnt just one bad experience ..

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
As far as registerfly goes, I have gotten nothing but poor service from their so called customer service for the past year. I know some like them but for my dollar, I would rather see them fix those issues instead of worrying about making their site look prettier.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
adoptabledomains said:
It's under reports> domain mangement reporting:

Do I really have to post the list of things that RegisterFly.com did to me again?

They locked all the domains in my account for a term of one month, 2 years ago because of a credit card dispute by a sub-user of my account and reset all the DNS back to their own. It took three weeks of emails and phone calls and I had to go through Enom and threaten a lawsuit to get their attention.

EntryHost their hosting partner, charged me 4 times for the same plan on one domain which took six months to get resolved. And told that my CuteFTP was not compatible for upload with their servers when it was.

NameRenters, their paid parking service, gives erronoeus stats and still has not paid me from a year ago.

ExpireFish.com is an absolute joke at backordering names.

Appraised.com, their appraisal service, gives the most ludicrous appraisals you'll ever see.

Support is a nightmare. I contacted Live Support on Friday and they told me that this was an issue that their admin Tim would have to resolve. I email Tim on Friday and I believe today is Wednesday with still no reply.

Transferred domains will remain in your account.

Marketplace sales emails have stopped since the beginning of 2004.

It may take several times to place URL Forwarding due to glitches in their software.

I'm sure I have a few more stories to tell but the vein in my forehead is starting to show.....

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better myself nicpal.

Reaction score
Bid,

Thank you for explaining your issue. You see, the issue was with ItsYourDomain.com not Moniker or even DomainSystems. You are right, we did try and were successful in getting most of our reseller customers out of the IYD system over to Moniker when we bought the registrar - naturally, we were not going to support IYD's system any longer. We had a 12 month plan to convert everyone but IYD turned our whole system off leaving hundreds of customers stranded - including you.

That is the reason we tried to get everyone over to Moniker ASAP. Your opinion is based on our attempt to help you get out of a bad system and on to our new platform. It was not intentional, we were just turned off from helping you through the old system as a reseller. This is one of the primary reasons of being our own ICANN Accredited Registrar now.

As I thought, I am sure this can be addressed and worked out. Your experience although bad, was not horrible situation where you were without access to even your names, just that we did not support the old system any longer.

Again, I ask that you contact me directly so that we can discuss this further and I am sure we can resolve any bad feelings you may have had from that experience. That was 2.5 years ago and all of us have moved on to better things.

Regarding pricing, I will beat what you are getting now as I have for everyone else in this forum - and provide you with better security and service.

Our transfer policy at Moniker is how it has always been - high security to prevent domain theft. I will make you a deal - If I see your admin email on any transfer out request, I will approve it - no questions asked. All you have to do is approve the system email. This resolves your "domains held hostage issue!"

I can guarantee your names will be approved because I personally review the transfer out list every day to ensure protection and accuracy of our customer’s domains.

Lastly, we have been in business since 1999! Yes people are not only buying it, they respect it, and continue to buy it because it is real my friend. If what you say is true, we would have been out of business several years ago.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Monte

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nicpal said:
Do I really have to post the list of things that RegisterFly.com did to me again?

No, but get it off your chest.

EntryHost their hosting partner, charged me 4 times for the same plan on one domain which took six months to get resolved. And told that my CuteFTP was not compatible for upload with their servers when it was.

I never have and never will use a domain registry company for web hosting. I wouldn't host with Enom, Dotster, or Godaddy either. I don't buy my computers at wall mart or my auto parts at Krogers either. I prefer somewhere that knows what they are selling enough to support it.

I have been overcharged at registerfly though, and had to have them correct it and credit me. As Ronald Reagan said about the Soviets, "Trust, but verify".

NameRenters, their paid parking service, gives erronoeus stats and still has not paid me from a year ago.

I tried them myself for a couple months and never met the amount for the first minimum payout. I agree their service is near the bottom of it's kind. Better off pointing domains at a dedicated for sale page.

ExpireFish.com is an absolute joke at backordering names.

I got a few there when it first started when it was only them and snapnames. They were a cheaper alternative to Snap. Namewinner and Pool entered the picture and renedered expirefish useless.

Appraised.com, their appraisal service, gives the most ludicrous appraisals you'll ever see.

I've never used them or any other appraisal service for that matter. I philosophilcally don't believe you can appraise names like you can real estate or cars where there is always comparable sales data to use. I refuse to have anything to do with paid domain appraisals. All of them are opinions, not appraisals IMHO. I think most appraisers are just a step above true cybersquatters in preying on the unknowing and newbies.

Support is a nightmare. I contacted Live Support on Friday and they told me that this was an issue that their admin Tim would have to resolve. I email Tim on Friday and I believe today is Wednesday with still no reply.

This is their weak point. It was bad at first, but has gotten somewhat better the last several months. My needs for it have also gone down considerably. I do fear the new look and script features willl cause more problems and errors as well. I think their scripts are the cause of most of their problems, which are then handled somewhat defensively. As is about half the internet related companies. although it could be worse, they could be serving up support from India with people who can't speak understandable English. I cancelled a Capitol One card recently due to poor India based customer service. Don't get me[/]started there.

Transferred domains will remain in your account.

I've had that problem at just about every registrar I've used, including Enom, Godaddy, Dotster, NSI, OpenSRS,and some others. That's not unique to anyone.

Marketplace sales emails have stopped since the beginning of 2004.

They do have a weak reporting system there. If you miss the one email, it's next to impossible to find out what happened. The bright side is I've made a few several hundred dollar sales there.

It may take several times to place URL Forwarding due to glitches in their software.

I use my own DNS servers. It's easy to have DNS problems when you share the server with 100,000 other domains. Problems were more likely buggy scripts or overburdened servers which they had until a few months ago.

Enom has the fewest problems of any registrar I've used, but despite some flaws at RF, I like their interface, prices, and features. I feel the same way about Godaddy as nicpal does about RF, although some people swear by them. I am evaluating Fabulous.com as a registrar though, as I should qualify for their $7.00 pricing. I'll have to play with the interface a while though.

I don't know anyone who's been around domains a while who likes NSI though. I recently bought a name from someone who had just transferred it to NSI. The whois record was old and showed godaddy, or I wouldn't have bid at all. It practically killed me to have to open a new account at NSI to accept the name. It won't be there long. NSI could become the best registrar in the industry (yea right!), and I'd still hold a grudge against them.

I respect others opinions are like to hear the problems to avoid them myself. Thanks for making them known.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Obviously a company that knows they are not up to par, and supposedly doesn't care about the negative posts about them, has some issues when they register "RegisterFlySucks.com" for themselves....

a2zofb2b

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have close to 100 domains and about 80 of them are at RegisterFly

These are my wishlist for the new features.

1) Displaying of the auth code for .org (enom provides it)
2) Ability to unlock the domain

Apart from this I would like them to fix the register date & expiry date of the transferred domains.

Most of the time the register & expiry date comes as zeros and One has to manually send them an email to fix the same.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nicpal said:
Obviously a company that knows they are not up to par, and supposedly doesn't care about the negative posts about them, has some issues when they register "RegisterFlySucks.com" for themselves....

Check out the whois records for these:

SonySucks.com
GoogleSucks.com
FordSucks.com
SharpSucks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom