Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Registers... sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register.com

Have you ever done a search on them and they show a domain name as available, you can actually go through the process of buying the name. When you do a search on a different register, it shows it as unavailable. Does anyone know why?

Registerfly.com

I thought they were great, low prices, fast service, etc. until I saw my credit card, they overcharged me $325 ! Never respond to emails, their service tickets etc..

Domain summit 2024

It depends on the checking method used by the registrars. For accuracy they should be doing an rrp based check direct with the registry which would be 100% accurate at the instant it was checked.

Register.com use the rrp check, i can't comment on the other registrars you checked with though who may use a whois or similarly lagged lookup.

I have been using registerfly for a bit know, still great service, prices (hell I picked up 100 names today during their 7.99 promo). I have nothing but horror stories to say about godaddy, so I can endure a little pain here and there.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
YipBop,

Your comment about registerfly.com, over charge $325.00, and no response to tickets.

How many times did you click the purchase button ? you are give 3 chances to confirm the purchase price, the amount of the purchase is clearly stated.

You would have recieved an immediate auto email confirming your purchase charge.

No response to a ticket ? try the live chat support, no response just does not happen at registerfly if you opened a ticket.

If this is all correct, what you have said, contact the parent Company Unifiednames.com.

This just does not sound right to me, if it is have you done a charge back with your CC company.

There's another thread over on Sitepoint echoing these same communications problems. Perhaps there is a temporary overload in the system or something...

-t

I went through the whole process correctly, only submited payment once. I did not (at least I think) do anything wrong on my end. I went to the Live Support, who then directed me to email diana. After which I did and failed to receiove a response from her still. I have set up support tickets, and have not received any response. I also called Unified names (i am international so the call is not cheap) and could only get voicemail during the hours that they are supposedely working.

I have taken it up with my cc company who will confront them.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yipbop.

Sorry to hear about that, i have had some minor problems with registerfly.com, but nothing that wasn't resolved.

As for diana, forget it ask for Tim Shor or John.

Good luck.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've had problems with registerfly, too. I wouldn't recommend this registrar because there are better ones

I used to love registerfly until the problems I had with them.

I have used Powerpipe and they seem good

Anion

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Registerfly is owned by econceptualize.com. From what I hear they are nothing but cheats. They copied my friends site word for word and he had to take legal action against them to get them to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators