Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Aged Backlinks

Registrar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest
http://www.NameBargain.com list's this on their 'agreement' for 'transfer'n a name to them'

hmm

they suck up to Anic & are a part of the Register.com CIRCLE.

okay.. no biggy.. we just need to know.. 'what's up' with these DomainDrops'.. and which network they feed from..

* GET THIS.. they REQUIRE @ LEAST 5 names to be transf'D from Register.com to NameBargain.com (if your not already a NameBargain customer)

* I know of NO Registrar which requires such.. Do YOU?

sounds like a Crock.. to me..

___________________________________________________

Can I transfer my domain name to NameBargain.com if I am a register.com customer?
If you no longer require the exceptional tools and services included with every register.com domain name and would like to take advantage of NameBargain.com's great low rates, you may transfer to NameBargain.com as long as you transfer at least 5 domain names. To submit a transfer request, please contact customer
 
IWA Meetup
L

LtlPhysics

Guest
Originally posted by WandaMay
http://www.NameBargain.com list's this on their 'agreement' for 'transfer'n a name to them'

hmm

they suck up to Anic & are a part of the Register.com CIRCLE.

okay.. no biggy.. we just need to know.. 'what's up' with these DomainDrops'.. and which network they feed from..

* GET THIS.. they REQUIRE @ LEAST 5 names to be transf'D from Register.com to NameBargain.com (if your not already a NameBargain customer)

* I know of NO Registrar which requires such.. Do YOU?

sounds like a Crock.. to me..

It's true, that's what they do, at least five names initially and then you are in the club. The name just sits there, doing nothing. Check out the dvdtalk link I pasted in the "Reg screw me" thread.
 

Guest
Originally posted by LtlPhysics


It's true, that's what they do, at least five names initially and then you are in the club. The name just sits there, doing nothing. Check out the dvdtalk link I pasted in the "Reg screw me" thread.


that's why i'm writing an e-book..

titled "The truth about Domain Names"

authored: msWandaMay

** coming soon **
 

Guest
Originally posted by WandaMay



that's why i'm writing an e-book..

titled "The truth about Domain Names"

authored: msWandaMay

** coming soon **


Just the facts ma'am, just the facts :D
 
L

LtlPhysics

Guest
I think that I may have gotten some snail from the National Domain Name Registry. I'll look through some papers here, but in my case, they wanted me to switch registrars, in so many words.
They had a little US flag with the return address on the envelope.

Everything they said was true; my domain was going to expire (aren't they all) and their registration fees were cheaper (the old registrar was Register, again, aren't they all).

Gandi has them now, no problemo. :D
 
L

LtlPhysics

Guest
I just looked through my papers and it was the Domain Registry of America that wanted my dime. They must be targeting people who are just coming off of the initial 2 years with NetSol or Register. Now that's a target that is going to shrink as time goes by, unless they pull their heads out of the sand.

Still, I did Register a big financial favor by using them for most of the .us names I registered. rrrrrrrrrrrr
 

Guest
Originally posted by LtlPhysics
I just looked through my papers and it was the Domain Registry of America that wanted my dime. They must be targeting people who are just coming off of the initial 2 years with NetSol or Register. Now that's a target that is going to shrink as time goes by, unless they pull their heads out of the sand.

Still, I did Register a big financial favor by using them for most of the .us names I registered. rrrrrrrrrrrr

i'll put that in my RatTrapper, for safe keeping..
 

Guest
The InterNIC website also allows you to report a problem with a registrar.

Click here to report a problem with a registrar.
http://www.icann.org

(you'll find the 'report a registrar complaint' left column scroll down... you'll find it)

please keep this thread active with any registrar proplems, or good news, complaints. This will be valid info for all.
 

Guest
If you would like to receive announcements about ICANN automatically via email please send a subscribe request to <webmaster@icann.org>, including your name and email address. The <icann-announce@icann.org> list is not a discussion list; subscribers will only receive periodic announcements relating to ICANN and its supporting organizations.ICANN welcomes your public comments at <comments@icann.org> or through the Public Comment Forum, and looks forward to forging the future of the Internet together.
 

Guest
Dang it Wanda, that was Chapter 3 in your upcoming book "Wandaful Domains: The Rat-race". :D
 

Guest
Originally posted by timechange
Dang it Wanda, that was Chapter 3 in your upcoming book "Wandaful Domains: The Rat-race". :D

sometimes.. 4 giveN away too many 'goodies'...

that's okay..

i'm holding out on the GOOD STUFF........ ;-)) :laugh:


i gotta keep the 'interest'.. while bulding up to the climax..
ya know..


it'll be a hot seller! ;-)
 

Guest
Originally posted by timechange
Dang it Wanda, that was Chapter 3 in your upcoming book "Wandaful Domains: The Rat-race". :D

featuring TimeChange in the book 4sure

with your incredible success on/with e-bay
name sales.


that would be 'cool exposure'...
wouldn't wanna MISS that inclusion would ya? :)
 

Guest
LOL

My incredible success is not that fantastic. I'd very much like to have those 2 jerks that posted negative take a lie detector test but then I am dreaming.
 

Guest
This ICANN document is about enforcing a mandatory grace period however, and not about when a Registrar must drop a domain after it expires.

The grace period allows you to renew your domain if you forget - as long as you do so within 45 days of the expiration.

Some Registrars have not been doing this, and this document talks about what ICANN proposed in it's March meeting to address the grace period.

-t
 

Guest
To Register a .WS domain name..

Current Fees:
( All fees in US dollars)
4+ letters
(for example ABCD.WS) $35 per year
3-letter names
(for example ABC.WS) $1000 per year
1 or 2-letter names
(for example AB.WS) $2500 per year



Anyone had any luck 'reselling' .WS names?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom