• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Rename ME: Cheap rip off of F/M ocus' thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,495
Reaction score
5
Hey guys,
I am fed up of my past coming back and haunting me.
I totally regret ever signing up at namepros. For the record, they are a bunch of ignorant, idealistic, uneducated idiots (sorry for the rant).
Anyway, during my time there I got accused of being a scammer, which then lead on to accusations that any phishing email was sent by me (ridiculous I know).

Basically every time I reveal a scammer, or anger anyone in anyway they say:
"Your a scammer blah blah blah", when hopefully you guys can say from my TR and experience with me, that I am not.

Thus I think change is needed. I am going to completely rebrand myself, adopt a new name, new email, new domain etc.

All suggestions welcome, and the best one will recieve a nice donation of $DNF from me.

Thanks
 
I totally regret ever signing up at namepros. For the record, they are a bunch of ignorant, idealistic, uneducated idiots

wow, thought it was just me that felt that way! (not really) lol...biggest problem over there is that idiot "Jeff"...he's the villiage idiot ringleader...LMAO


I think you should rename yourself "SuperFly"
 
Hi

First, let me say this.

Please do not use this thread to bash the other forum!

Thanks


To Tom:

maybe just keep your name....and change they way you've been packaging yourself instead.

personally I am leary of those who change names.
Sure there are perfectly sound reasons for doing so, but.....


the majority of them have something negative in their past history, so they think by changing names it will give them a clean slate!


however, there are those who follow name changers just for that reason alone.

ever waiting to see if they will try the same or similiar tricks as before.



It's just my opinion, but I think if you are an honest person then you should stand-up and defend your name.

If you are a scammer and do change your name, then you're just a scammer with a different user name.



and Scorpio will catch you!
 
how much is the donation prize?

ahh well, umm name yourself as THECLOWE
 
Some people get tired of the same old name or have come to a new level of domaining and want to reflect so........but I agree you should keep it the same for the most part...notice, I only changed one letter in mine, so as to make sure I can easily be recognized..as I have nothing at all to hide..so you might want to follow in suit and choose a username comprised of, or very close to your original one so as to not confuse everyone, I personally can't stand people who just change their name to something totally different as it is very hard to keep track of who's who! ;)
 
Chris, there is this guy who's currently selling his domain that matches his name in the forum; the 5th such change in 3 years. I asked the mods to establish a name-change feature a long time ago.
 
Chris, there is this guy who's currently selling his domain that matches his name in the forum; the 5th such change in 3 years. I asked the mods to establish a name-change feature a long time ago.

ding...ding..ding..I know! Could it be YOU selling the name? lol

I know who sold their old username in .com in a matter of hours on here too! :approve:

so how bout........ "King Clowe"
 
I understand exactly what you are saying biggedon, and sorry for bashing the other forum. However my situation is as follows:
I email someone whose email I have found from whois etc but I then struggle to negotiate a deal because of the namepros cache.

I dont want to confuse all the honest people that I have dealt with, however in some respects, as focus said I would like to be totally different, even if at first it does confuse people.
If I was a scammer, I am sure a name change wouldn't hide that, however I hand on heart am not a scammer.

Focus: Your words of wisdom have been the most helpful, so you might see a donation coming your way.

As for the names,
So far I like
tomcat AND britishbrat(although this one doesnt really bring across the right message does it?)
superfly sadly reminds me of registerfly = bad!

All other siggestions much appreciated.
Tom
 
Seeing as you're copying MoFocus's thread, why not change your name to 'Gocus' ?
 
i got another one, " CAPTAINKINGDOM"

so do i win?
 
I assume your name is Tom Clowes.
What about using your initials TC?
It is basically the same name, just concentrated.
 
BOB, thats actually a very good suggestion :) Will definately consider it.
gpmgroup, I dont understand your suggestion...
 
tom, regardless of what you do, people will know who you are. Keep your name. Start off small, build a positive reputation and give people reason to trust you. For god sake, I upgraded you to platinum, remember? You not only represent yourself, you represent me for bringing you into the upper class threads.
No need to wear a mask. Let the comments roll off your back. Keep doing what you are doing, stay clean regardless of what really happend and make the best of what you have.

Trust me when I say this... You CAN gain respect around here.
 
....you just have to FOCUS! :laugh:
 
tom, regardless of what you do, people will know who you are. Keep your name. Start off small, build a positive reputation and give people reason to trust you. For god sake, I upgraded you to platinum, remember? You not only represent yourself, you represent me for bringing you into the upper class threads.
No need to wear a mask. Let the comments roll off your back. Keep doing what you are doing, stay clean regardless of what really happend and make the best of what you have.

Trust me when I say this... You CAN gain respect around here.


Your wise words are greatly appreciated. It is not a case of me not having or being able to earn respect. I can.
It is just that on the odd ocassion my past naivity and the ignorance of others are stopping me reaching my full potential IMO.

I could become Focus2 or something :)
 
So you want to change your name to hide from people calling you a scammer on another forum? And here on DNF your TR is fine? Why change it? People will just say you are hiding. Leave it and continue with your good rep here. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom