• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed retirementhomes . us Just got an offer

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alaska56

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2004
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
I just got an offer for 325.


I think I would rather develop it into some sort of add generating portal of sorts but I really don't know how.

I have many this quality or better. I started collecting them years ago and do not really know what to do with my domains.

Is this a good price or should I ask for more. I paid 8.00 I think
 
The Domain name. :)
 
Last edited:
I believe your saying your offer is $325 and with an $8 reg....that sounds like a pretty good return....on a .us.

If you have plans for the name though, and not in need of a small transaction...Why not go for more and then just follow through with your development plans if they are not interested.

If you really need the cash - sell.
 
I just got an offer for 325.


I think I would rather develop it into some sort of add generating portal of sorts but I really don't know how.

I have many this quality or better. I started collecting them years ago and do not really know what to do with my domains.

Is this a good price or should I ask for more. I paid 8.00 I think

i'd say it's probably a better offer for a .us, then most may get for comparable .com's :)

if you don't have to sell it, then ask for more and take the risk.



very good keywords
 
i'd say it's probably a better offer for a .us, then most may get for comparable .com's :)

if you don't have to sell it, then ask for more and take the risk.



very good keywords

Agreed. Especially in the current environment, it's not a bad offer for a .us. If you're willing to sell for that amount, maybe have them make the offer at sedo, and push it to auction to let the market decide?
 
Yes the offer was for $325.00 and I paid $8.00 for reg. I am the original owner.
It was a SEDO Offer and I have not sent in a counter just yet.

Good assumptions. I am actually not desperate for the cash. Mainly I am interested the value so I can get a good idea on how much I should spend on development. I do not own a retirement home so I will have to use it for some type ad revenue. SEDO does not bring much. I think I have been offered 500.00 several years ago.

If it is worth $325.00+ I suppose I could find $325.00 to develop it into a portal of sorts. Should be a worth while investment. Is this the place to ask suggestions about that?

I suppose I will counter kinda high and then just sit more waiting for the time and or right person or knowledge to help me develop it. More people retiring every day. In the .US.

Thanks for the great reply. You all are the best.
 
I'd say the value is even slightly lower than $325. I would sell at that price
 
Since posting I have received higher offers than 325.00.

Domain values seem really hard to pinpoint.
 
People see you got an offer of $325 and they figure they can market it and sell it for more. Before you said that I would have said jump at it but wait a few days and see how high it gets.
 
In my experience, offers are always low on Sedo. Add another 30-40% and make a counter offer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom